Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Well, you can buy some Fox parts again... Cox_ba12

Well, you can buy some Fox parts again... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Well, you can buy some Fox parts again... Empty
Live on Patrol

Well, you can buy some Fox parts again...

Go down

Well, you can buy some Fox parts again... Empty Well, you can buy some Fox parts again...

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:42 am

Sad news in indeed!

MECOA bought out Fox. Fox manufacturing is now located in California. At least I got to visit the factory in Ft. Smith before they closed the doors.

http://www.foxmodelmotors.com/foxqualityaero.htm
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Well, you can buy some Fox parts again... Empty Re: Well, you can buy some Fox parts again...

Post  Ken Cook Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:35 am

Typical Mecoa fashion, no parts for the common stuff. No word when you will see them, and don't call us.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Well, you can buy some Fox parts again... Empty Re: Well, you can buy some Fox parts again...

Post  Surfer_kris Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:38 am

Could Mecoa make any new parts for the engine companies that they have bought through the years, or do they only sell of the old-stock that they obtain through the purchase?

I.e. do they have machines/workshop themselves or is it a warehouse only?
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:02 am

They have a lot of in house production capability but do not seem too focused or even aware of what all is desired within the customer base

MY understanding is they bought many companies entire production stuff as well as old stock inventory.

Reality tells me some of the machines, raw materiel's, and new tooling costs; make it not profitable to make something like a brand new 2017 Fox 35 only to sell less than 100 world wide

Not sure when it would be--- but a Fox 35 100Th anniversary model might sell well just for nostalgia sake

But I think that would be in 2048 quite a ways off

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:01 am

The only thing that interested me on that list is the new style Fox NVA as it was $12 cheaper than when I bought 2 at the Fox factory. My Ringmaster fell off the shelf and broke one of mine.

Also the Fox .40 Bushing case was tempting, but I have 3 BB's and two Silver Foxx .40's already.

I guess it's good and bad that MECOA now runs the show.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:36 pm

When I made my post above, I had not followed all the links and seen the listing of available parts

from the typical MECOA "Stock LOW" notes--- and the rather meager selection of offerings,

I infer they are only selling off new old stock and not yet (if ever) producing new parts

A 75th anniversary Fox 35 would be 2023.....six years away.... I have no faith the MECOA owner will exploit the tradition

Jest sayin
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Kris, they have the full capability to build entire engines. Unfortunately, the engine side of Mecoa is not the main stay of the company. It in itself is a hobby for the owner. They just recently moved and they have quite an extensive machine shop. They do contracts for many other non related model items.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:53 pm

lol, i'm still waiting for them to get the Atwood glowheads they offered for sale in 2002!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Ken Cook wrote:           Typical Mecoa fashion, no parts for the common stuff. No word when you will see them, and don't call us.

Well what are the alternatives? Clearly Fox has been struggling to survive for years. Like most businesses that go under, they could have easily just shut the doors, scapped all their stock & tooling and not passed on the rights to anyone. While there may be good reason to criticize MECOA for its slack business practices, it least it's still in business. I know they advertize a lot of stuff that has been nil stock for years, but they have the capability and the right to produce the parts and I guess they're just waiting for demand to go high enough for it to be economically viable to do a run of certain items. They're a business, why do stuff that doesn't make money?
If we want the hobby to survive and we want the producers of the engines and parts that we love to survive, we ought to be out there promoting and recruiting. The hobby needs to be growing. Sad reality is, things go out of date, people move on to something else.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:39 pm

The thing is Fox didn't go under - they shuttered the engine line of their business to focus on other, money making, precision machining aspects.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:23 pm

I think MECOA bought all of Fox manufacturing not just the engine part.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:02 pm

I am pretty sure their machining operation is still being done in Ft. Smith. Just not the model engine side of the house. Their contact number is still a 479 area code.

Edit: Nevermind, looks it all went to CA. Maybe they will continue to make parts on the side, while being under MECOA's umbrella.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 pm

Let's think "positive" here... Why would Mecoa buy Fox? To primarily-produce something other-than model-engine parts?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 pm

roddie wrote:Let's think "positive" here... Why would Mecoa buy Fox? To primarily-produce something other-than model-engine parts?

It could be a great thing Roddie however, they have a reputation for not making good on promises. I think the better question would be, why buy a model engine company and do nothing with it?

These days buying the rights to a IC model engine company is a risky thing to do seeing as the market trend is moving in a different direction.

My hope is this merger will allow Fox to continue to produce parts for those that want them while still providing a profit for themselves.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:31 pm

You can look at this with a positive attitude. Your getting a website that will positively offer parts that they won't produce.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:43 pm

I hope everything works out as to not loose anymore affiliations with the hobby , i have had some good and not so good dealing with them but would still order without hesitation !! And in regards to the Fox Engines there are still plenty out there , the parts not so much ! Just seen what Ken had writing and i wonder the same thing , i ordered a Baby Cyclon engine block from them for Jose in Spain and after 3 months i called them (((( They had never placed the order for it ?!?!?! We canceled the order $50.00 so there goes your profit !!

Last edited by getback on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down