Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I hope to convey the best feeling ... Cox_ba12

I hope to convey the best feeling ... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I hope to convey the best feeling ... Empty
Live on Patrol

I hope to convey the best feeling ...

Go down

I hope to convey the best feeling ... Empty I hope to convey the best feeling ...

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:56 am

I hope to convey the best feeling ...
I have seen there, there are countless products that can be adapted for use with Cox engines, for example the propellers of quad-copter / drone ... very cheap indeed, given if you want .... But, if I had the opportunity to be there, I would still buy Cox propellers and accessories, even if the cost was different and of course, understandable, higher. Here we do not get practically anything from Cox and to those of us who like this and go back to our childhood, we want this story to never end.
If we consume non-Cox products for Cox engines, we are digging a hole for ourselves ... and then we will regret that those products are no longer seen as usual.
You can buy dozens of other products, but folks, do not let the spark of those few products that there are now Cox, turn off.
Do not get mad at me, maybe I belong and I live very different situations! Sad Goodbye
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

I hope to convey the best feeling ... Empty Re: I hope to convey the best feeling ...

Post  roddie Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:45 am

I understand your feelings about this Mauricio.. but unlike most other engine-related parts; propellers are a consumable-item.. and many people have been running non-Cox propellers on their Cox engines ever since the engines were first produced. Bernie and Matt are the only suppliers of a variety of prop-sizes specifically designed for Cox engines.. and most people will still buy their props from them.. especially "collectors"; who make-up a fair market-share.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

I hope to convey the best feeling ... Empty Re: I hope to convey the best feeling ...

Post  NEW222 Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:01 am

Yes, I too, myself, have many authentic propellers from Cox International. Honestly, when have I actually broke a 'rubber ducky' prop, or one of Bernies yellow 5 x 3 safety tip propellers. Nothing that comes to mind. The reason I tried quad props was that I heard about it and had to try it for myself. As well, who wouldn't want a green propeller? Lastly, the thing I found so far is that the sizes I was looking for (5 x 3, 6 x 2, 6 x 3) were not available so I had to grab 5 x 4.5, in which I have Master Airscrew and I am not too fond of the pitch for my style of flying.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 am

Guys, I'm glad to know that the market is big enough for the Cox line to be active for a long time!
There is no day that brings a Cox to the club and returns fascinated! ... and it is contagious for others too! Very Happy Flying
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Everytime I fly something Cox powered at local flying fields it attracts a lot of positive attention, and seems to inspire other modelers to dig out their cox stuff and build another flyer (I have a simple choroplast wing that gets folks juices flowing to build one do to how simple and quick it's to build).  For my friends that have had no real exposure to the hobby but have an interest in other motorsport activities are also attracted to these littles power plants / areomodeling.  if i have anything that I'm not actively flying I have been giving it to others to give the little push to get them into it.  It's not like this stuff is advertised in "Sears" xmass catalogues anymore so really not a lot of exposure. I figure it's got more practical skills development than Nintendo lol.

Pretty fortunate in my neck of the woods that you can still get fuel failrly painlessly and Cox international is in the same country (Canada).  Which makes picking up the hobby much easier.

Last edited by layback209 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 pm

MauricioB wrote:I hope to convey the best feeling ...
I have seen there, there are countless products that can be adapted for use with Cox engines, for example the propellers of quad-copter / drone ... very cheap indeed, given if you want .... But, if I had the opportunity to be there, I would still buy Cox propellers and accessories, even if the cost was different and of course, understandable, higher. Here we do not get practically anything from Cox and to those of us who like this and go back to our childhood, we want this story to never end.
If we consume non-Cox products for Cox engines, we are digging a hole for ourselves ... and then we will regret that those products are no longer seen as usual.
You can buy dozens of other products, but folks, do not let the spark of those few products that there are now Cox, turn off.
Do not get mad at me, maybe I belong and I live very different situations! Sad Goodbye

I am walking in your shoes here, Mauricio...also feel unconfortable if I use a non-genuine accessory on my COX engines..authenticity simply matters to me...just swapped a Tarno carb with a genuine COX R/C 050 carb on one of my TeeDee049-s..(honestly, the engine revs much better with the COX carb...maybe the venturi on the Tarno is too narrow,...but this thread is not about performance)
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:39 pm

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 am

Hello friend Brad, what samples seems to be a beautiful piece ... and it seems very good that they have coupled a Cox engine there.
I simply encourage the consumption of Cox parts, for the reason of generating continuity to the brand that has always been of such good quality.
I am not saying that it is not convenient to use one brand with another, on the contrary many times the ingenuity, the adventure of a project, invites us to make our own experiences and often with very good results.
Without going any further here in my country, you have to adapt many elements in different fields, since there is no material to choose from and you have to do with what exists, even to manufacture the pieces, as for example in my case, the rings of speed regulation.
Finally, and summarizing, I like all the projects in different versions and with different elements, just that I do not want some products that are now available from Cox, they will cease to exist due to lack of consumption.
Without going any further, remember? the back plate of the helicopter Pee Wee 020 ?, Mr. Matt told us that he does not have enough demand to return to manufacture ..
.a hug for you friend!
I'm thinking of giving you one for falls ... yes to be able to stop when you want to those bullet-type models that you are developing haha Affraid or WOW!

I hope to convey the best feeling ... Nasa10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Propellers designed for electric use should not be used for nitro engines because of the lack of "inertia". Conversely, propellers designed for use on nitro engines, if used on electric motors, may lead to premature battery drain.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum