Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Super Dave! Cox_ba12

Super Dave! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Today at 8:53 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Today at 8:45 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 7:54 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Super Dave! Empty
Live on Patrol

Super Dave!

Go down

Super Dave! Empty Re: Super Dave!

Post  Admin Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Many will also know him as Marty Funkhouser in Curb Your Enthusiasm. I believe they are working on a 10th season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, I wonder how much they got done and how they will handle the loss.

RIP...

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Had me worried for a second. I was thinking of the other Super Dave at first.

Another piece of my childhood gone. RIP SuperDave!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:35 pm

Super Dave at his finest, RIP.

GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Had me worried for a second. I was thinking of the other Super Dave at first.

Another piece of my childhood gone. RIP SuperDave!
I had inferred from his final posting(s) that our own CEF member SuperDave had passed on to the great Curmudgeon Lodge in the sky. Maybe not, I hope. But I recall the TV S.D.(maybe a distant relative of Evel Knievel, Lol) from mostly the David Letterman show.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 am

i was thinking the same , Wonder how SD is doing i know like Ian his eye sight had went but yes another Great in history gone , it has been a while since i thought about his stunt . Very Funny !! R.i.p. Super Dave
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:03 pm

CEF Super Dave and I had differing on some things and same same on some things political view and we took a lot of our acrimonious banter off site and on to PM.... then he went dark on me...I miss him a lot...on the forum and in our Pms...I Ping him every so often but...dark.... I even asked Duke to try and seek him out but no soap

So I must have been out of country at the time THIS Super Dave was a thing... even reading the link I have no memory of this SD

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Yes, I didn't know CEF's SD, but have seen other greats pass on. Occasionally, Stunt Hangar and Stuka Stunt will mention of someone in the aeromodelling community who passed on.

Hence, I believe these Cox and other glow engines are made to be used and enjoyed. When you're gone, you can't take them with you. Now I am seeing kits, engines, parts and accessories being released for profit on E-Bay, because the kids and grandkids see no value in them, mainly estate sales finds. Unless one's kids and/or grandkids are actively involved in the hobby, most likely possessions for example like mine will wind up a similar fate.

Enjoy them while you can.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:35 pm

fredvon4 wrote:...I Ping him every so often but...dark.... I even asked Duke to try and seek him out but no soap

So I must have been out of country at the time THIS Super Dave was a thing... even reading the link I have no memory of this SD
Duke was a good member, I'm glad to know he's still out there, up in the great Northwest. I see his last log-in was May 17th.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of S.D. Osborne, He was more of a fun spoof than anything, a comedy actor named Bob Einstein, and not really a stunt man. He died yesterday January 2nd with recently diagnosed cancer.

Here's more:
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/02/681755894/super-dave-osborne-and-curb-your-enthusiasm-actor-bob-einstein-dies-at-76
Rusty

P.S. George posted while I was writing. For everyone's information, all my "Junk" will be free for the taking when I kick the bucket... NOT any time soon! I have a couple of pieces(like a TD .010) that should be returned to their owners, so speak up if I have anything that belongs to you.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:40 pm

RknRusty wrote:For everyone's information, all my "Junk" will be free for the taking when I kick the bucket... NOT any time soon! I have a couple of pieces(like a TD .010) that should be returned to their owners, so speak up if I have anything that belongs to you.
I think I've found the ideal solution. lol!

Super Dave! Weresp10
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Hearing of Super Daves passing was a shock to me. I used to love watching Super Dave Osborne. While reading something on Facebook yesterday of Mean Gene Okerlunds passing (from the WWF), something popped up about Super Dave. Now it is not funny, but it is wierd that both passed yesterday on January 2, 2019. Both were 76 years old, Bob Einstein (aka. Super Dave) was born on November 20, 1942, while Mean Gene was born on December 19, 1942.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:35 pm

I remember Super Dave Osborne from the David Letterman show. His stuntman-skits were hilarious! May he rest in peace.

I'm glad it wasn't our SuperDave.. My heart sank when I saw the R.I.P. Our SuperDave had been working on a Dumas scale-model "Chris Craft" runabout kit, the last I knew.. and it was in the finishing-stages. I have an affinity for scale model boats.. especially if they're built to sail. I wish that our SuperDave had stayed in touch. Maybe he'll come around again. After all.. it is a new year.. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:57 pm

I haven't heard from our SuperDave since he left us back in 2014. He never gave an exact reason why he left.

I have the sinking feeling that this is our SuperDave... http://www.newtacoma.com/obituary/david-wood-jr Sad

We spent some time in the chatbox over the years and I remember him telling stories of being a history teacher and teaching in Japan in the 1980s. I also recall that he was in his mid 70s at the time... His name was also David Wood according to some emails we send back and forth...

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:22 pm

My condolences for his passing, Jacob. If he personally knew the Lord, then those who have a personal relationship with Him will see him again yet future.

Bible, 1st Thessalonians 4:16,17 wrote:For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God's trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever.

In August 21, 2013, I posted a thread in Brotherhood of the Ring, subject: Ringmaster S-1 Rebuild. PlowBoyBill AKA William Spencer, someone who I didn't know previously, graciously mailed me as a gift a Ringmaster S-1 that he had built and 3 Testor McCoy .35 Red Heads, 2 working and 1 parts engine. He had problems with it, the wing was warped. I fixed the problem and got it to fly successfully. It was the joint where the two wing leading edges met in the center. I carefully removed the front wing center planking. Then carefully razor sawed the glued joint to separate it. Then reglued it straight, bracing it with some trimmed plywood. Then replanked the wing, covered and finished it.

I haven't heard from Bill in quite a while, wondered if he was still alive, but apparently he is as his status in BOTR, his last login was August 23 this year.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Admin wrote:I haven't heard from our SuperDave since he left us back in 2014. He never gave an exact reason why he left.

I have the sinking feeling that this is our SuperDave... http://www.newtacoma.com/obituary/david-wood-jr Sad

We spent some time in the chatbox over the years and I remember him telling stories of being a history teacher and teaching in Japan in the 1980s. I also recall that he was in his mid 70s at the time... His name was also David Wood according to some emails we send back and forth...

yep, i always enjoyed our CEF Super Dave, he was also a reason for my post, one of the good ones!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 am

Yes i would say that is SD from the obituary with all the boating and fishing commondones he achieved , hope i said that right . RIP our friend from CEF that we enjoyed so much while he was here .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down