Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Hacked........... Cox_ba12

Hacked........... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:53 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 7:47 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Hacked........... Empty
Live on Patrol

Hacked...........

Go down

Hacked........... Empty Hacked...........

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:11 pm

Just a heads up.

A couple of days ago I got a text on my cell phone from Discover that a charge of one dollar from "The Daily Burn" had been charged to my account. It gave a number to call if the charge was not authorized. Suspicious, I did not call that number, instead went to my on line account and checked. Sure enough, the same message.

So I called Discover and they cancelled that account and established another sending out new cards immediately. I then cancelled out all my active Discover accounts, Sears, etc.

I have had that same card since 1987 with out problems. Over the last year or two I have only used it for PayPal transactions, but recently linked it to auto-pay for Dish network. I never have used it for any shopping be it department stores, restaurants, or otherwise. I'm a cash guy.

I have never been hacked before, a new experience for me. But if you have a card linked to Paypal I would check it frequently.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Hacked........... Empty Re: Hacked...........

Post  Kim Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 am

Good info Bob, and glad you didn't get damaged! The closest deal to something like this for me, was when someone out in California charged up a bunch of stuff (I naturally suspected Tony, but it wasn't him!) to my Capitol One card. The folks at Capitol One caught it, and shut down the account, sending me a new card immediately.

I only have one credit card, which funnels everything together for an easy looking over at the end of the month. You're are very right about the need to often check thing on a regular basis!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:39 am

Bob, Sorry you were hacked! Glad you caught it in time.  I like(d) using Pay Pal, as I was under the impression that the transactions did not use my CC number. Pay pal pulls money from my bank or CC, and pays the receiver without giving away my Numbers. Pulling from the bank is free, a small fee if using CC.   Hey, Ive been using a third party “auto-pay” service offered by each of my utility services: Gas, Electric and Phone for over 19years. Each month the Utility bill arrives in the mail and indicates when the payment will be “debited” from my account. Never had a problem till last month AT&T sent me a bill for Twice the normal amount included a $10 “Late Fee” for not making previous months payment! What the Hay? I call them, they say the bank didn’t release the money, do you have a problem with the bank? They promised to refund the late fee, seeing how I hadn’t missed a payment in so many years?  I call the Bank, they say AT&T never sent a request for money. it’s not set up thru the bank ( third party) so the bank has no control to approve or deny payment requests! No, there’s no problem with your account, no suspicious activity, AT&T just never sent voucher for payment.  I assumed it was a SCAM by AT&T. While they had me on the line, the operator starts giving me the sales pitch for their New Bundle of TV /phone/internet services that can save me money!!    I’m sure there are plenty of customers who won’t call and complain about the fake “late charge” that AT&T just slips into their pocket. Legal theft.

Public Service announcement provided by the Michigan State Police about the “skimmers “ found attached to the Credit/Debit card readers attached to the self serve Gas Pumps. And I quote:

“The only way to protect yourself from these scammers is to NOT use your Card at the Pump.  Pay with Cash and they can’t steal your numbers”

There you go, stay safe.

Last edited by Marleysky on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clairify)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:53 am

unfortunately legit as well as nefarious entities us the 1 cent to 1 dollar transaction to verify an account

I would be too curious to not google the daily burn...but not today....new puppies-- yes 2 of them....more about that later
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 pm

fredvon4 wrote:unfortunately legit as well as nefarious entities us the 1 cent to 1 dollar transaction to verify an account

I would be too curious to not google the daily burn...but not today....new puppies-- yes 2 of them....more about that later

Ooooohh, NEW Puppies!!  Can’t wait to see ‘em

Meanwhile....

Hacked........... B848e910

Wow! Workout in your own home! No fat shaming, lose weight as fast as you want, they’ll just lighten your wallet lol! lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum