Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee Cox_ba12

A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee Empty
Live on Patrol

A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee

Go down

A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee Empty A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee

Post  Kim Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Many here probably know of my fondness of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis.  While I donate to them on a regular basis, I've not done a "specific project" for the Hospital since "Little Traveler II"s il-fated flight back in 2010 (which still raised $1400 posthumously).

SO...this coming year, I'm gonna try to both benefit this great hospital, AND thin out some of the great stuff I've accumulated by selling it off.  ALL money---every penny--along with some more of my own, will be converted to a Credit Union Money Order, and sent to St. Jude's after the Fall S.M.A.L.L.

Similar to my "Kim's Orphans" give-away attempts (which actually saw me ACCUMULATING a couple planes!!!!???!!!?), I'll have these on a table next to my van during the S.M.A.L.L.'s.

I'll be using this thread to list photos of the stuff, with price requests as time goes along.  I hate trying to run auctions, but if someone shoots me a crazy over-the top bid, I'll consider it, and hold it for that individual.  The catch is that they'll have to pick up bulky/fragile items at one of the S.M.A.L.L.'s to spare me the stress of packaging and prayers that it won't be smashed to bits in shipment.  Smaller stuff will be considered shipping plus postage.

I ain't got a good list started yet, but here are a few of the things I can think of at the moment with photos to follow:

Cox Green Stuka...$250  Looks to have not been fueled.  Complete with bomb, but missing antenna.  I'd intended to fly it, but while it looks great, it seems to be VERY brittle.  It's box is a little battered.  Sold to me at a great price a couple years ago by St. Louis Dan, he has given his blessing on it's re-sale for St.Jude's.  I'll try to get some good photos of it later today.

Testor's Red Baron Albatross.  Plane only, in pretty good shape, donated by Breezy Hill Flyer Billy.

Cox Fuel Cans...$10 @...More items from St. Louis Dan, who gave me a box of them specifically donated for this project.  All are "Super Power Fuel" cans from the mid-1980' Photos to follow.

Got a bunch of hardware from "My Other Cousin Bob" (of "Bob's Tree" fame) closing out his hobby shop, which include clothes pin-type glowplug clips (all metal and those adapted from plastic clothes pins), and widely assorted Perfect Brand lead-out clips and other stuff.  Also have a few Top Flite nylon props for display only.  Gonna sort all this as I go along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm gonna be chipping away at this project, updating this first post as I go, so I ask for patience in my organizational clumsiness.  It may seem premature to be getting it on the forum without more items/details, but I wanted to "jab" myself into action as the S.M.A.L.L. Fly-Ins are bearing down on us.

Once again...ALL...of this money is going straight to the Hospital, and outright monetary donations will also be greatly appreciated.

Too Much Stuff Kim

Last edited by Kim on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee Empty Re: A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee

Post  David S Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:26 pm

I am interested in the green cox stuka.

David S

Last edited by David S on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
David S
David S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee Empty Re: A "Side-Project" for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee

Post  dckrsn Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Kim, what's easiest for the straight-up
$ donations?
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:01 pm

dckrsn wrote:Kim, what's easiest for the straight-up
$ donations?
Bob

I guess a straight up donation could be made with personal check I could cash (to clear it in a reasonable time) and reply with a receipt, or maybe this Fall, with the check or money order made out directly to the hospital if you wanted to do it as a tax deductible donation.

I'm kinda making this up as I go, so will be willing to work with supporters.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting further details. Making this up as I go along, I should have had things a little more together before bringing it up here. I've contacted the hospital to find that they STILL have Little Traveler's account from 2010, though they tagged it with my name and "model airplane".

A post-it or other note with "Kim Striker-Model Airplane" on it will send it to the hospital through this account. Also, mentioning it on a call-in donation will do the same thing. I forgot to ask about on-line donations, but will have that here in a bit.

Cheeks will be forwarded within a few days to keep from clogging anyone's accounts, while cash from my club or S.M.A.L.L. Fun-Fly's will be bunched together 'till I get a good amount, then converted to a money order for the hospital.

I definitely DON'T want this to appear as an ego thing on my part, so please feel free to donate directly to the hospital if this method looks to be a bother.

Phone Donation: 1-800-822-6344

Snail Mail Address:

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
501 St. Jude Place
Memphis, TN 38105

I'd originally envisioned this as a little side-thing to do through the year, figuring to raise maybe a thousand dollars or so, but I've already got $405 in the bucket, so it might add to up to quite a bit by year's end.

Thanks Greatly to David S for his donation and adoption of the Green Stuka!!!!

My flying bud, Patrick just had to have the red Albatross, so I'm sure I'll be working on that thing shortly as he intends to fly it---there WILL be video!

As I said before, if any of this seems much to bother with, please just send some funds to the hospital.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down