Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


cox sopwith camel rudder Babe_b10
Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2020
Kim's

"Double Your Pleasure" Two .020 Tee Dees and Their New Tanks"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


cox sopwith camel rudder Empty

cox sopwith camel rudder

Go down

Help! cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  boeingmaster2 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:33 pm

hello evreyone i just bought a 1981 sopwith camel in really good shape but it did not come with a rudder any ideas where i can buy a replacement i searched ebay but found nothing
boeingmaster2
boeingmaster2
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Posts : 6
Join date : 2020-06-05
Location : new york

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:13 am

boeingmaster2 wrote:hello evreyone i just bought a 1981 sopwith camel in really good shape but it did not come with a rudder any ideas where i can buy a replacement i searched ebay but found nothing

Good luck with your search but finding one will be difficult. I know you probably want to return it to original, but you can always make one out of styrene or balsa.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Posts : 5274
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  boeingmaster2 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:51 am

rsv1cox wrote:
boeingmaster2 wrote:hello evreyone i just bought a 1981 sopwith camel in really good shape but it did not come with a rudder any ideas where i can buy a replacement i searched ebay but found nothing

Good luck with your search but finding one will be difficult.  I know you probably want to return it to original, but you can always make one out of styrene or balsa.  


yeah i figured where could i get the dimensions or plans?
boeingmaster2
boeingmaster2
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Posts : 6
Join date : 2020-06-05
Location : new york

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:28 am

boeingmaster2 wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:
boeingmaster2 wrote:hello evreyone i just bought a 1981 sopwith camel in really good shape but it did not come with a rudder any ideas where i can buy a replacement i searched ebay but found nothing

Good luck with your search but finding one will be difficult.  I know you probably want to return it to original, but you can always make one out of styrene or balsa.  


yeah i figured where could i get the dimensions or plans?

https://outerzone.co.uk/search/results.asp?keyword=camel
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Posts : 5274
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  boeingmaster2 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:51 pm



https://outerzone.co.uk/search/results.asp?keyword=camel[/quote]


thanks for the help i will look into making one
boeingmaster2
boeingmaster2
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Posts : 6
Join date : 2020-06-05
Location : new york

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  Marleysky on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:31 pm



thanks for the help i will look into making one[/quote]

I don’t know the difference between a Camel or a pup, but the “Pup” does show a few models:

https://outerzone.co.uk/search/results.asp?keyword=Pup&Xpage=2
Marleysky
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2660
Join date : 2014-09-28
Age : 67
Location : Grand Rapids, MI

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  Marleysky on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:59 pm

Here is the part number and a picture of what it looks like:

cox sopwith camel rudder 417e3110
Marleysky
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2660
Join date : 2014-09-28
Age : 67
Location : Grand Rapids, MI

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: cox sopwith camel rudder

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum