Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The New Normal? Cox_ba12

The New Normal? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by getback Today at 8:20 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 7:59 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 7:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 6:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 9:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 1:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The New Normal? Empty
Live on Patrol

The New Normal?

Go down

The New Normal? Empty The New Normal?

Post  roddie Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi everybody. Hope you're all well. I've missed a lot of time, keeping-up here lately; including an outgoing parcel Embarassed that should have been mailed months ago. Chancey (new222) knows how it feels, to wait for a package from roddie.. so Dave; you'll get it sooner or later. Smile

We're all being exposed to a new way toward a more healthy-life. That's good... but there's more than one side to healthy. Physically, Mentally, Spiritually.. Did I leave any out? Should "Spiritual" be a sub-category under Mental?

I hope and pray for a timely recovery from this pandemic, that strengthens us all "Spiritually" as a people.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

The New Normal? Empty Re: The New Normal?

Post  Kim Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:15 pm

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The New Normal? Empty RE: The new normal

Post  66 Malibu Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:18 am

Address the spirituality the proper way and it will eliminate the fear and anxiety in your life.
No fear and anxiety gives you mental and physical health.
There fixed it …….
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:19 am

Two major crisis's face this country right now. A vaccine will fix one, too bad there isn't a vaccine for the other.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  66 Malibu Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:30 am

You don't need a vaccine for crisis #2...Just read the instruction manual....
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:51 am

66 Malibu wrote:You don't need a vaccine for crisis #2...Just read the instruction manual....

Smile Smile

The instruction manual is the Constitution. But nobody's reading it, not the right or the left and certainly not those burning down and looting our cities and towns.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  66 Malibu Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 pm

The instruction manual that I'm referring to was published many centuries before our Constitution and it was not the Magna Carta.
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:09 pm

for sure Kim! I've felt abnormal for a long while.. The pandemic just adds to it. You guys can read it in my posts. I'm way further outside the box.. than I used to be.. Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 am

[quote="roddie"]
Kim wrote:"Abby Normal" ???

for sure Kim! I've felt abnormal for a long while.. The pandemic just adds to it. You guys can read it in my posts. I'm way further outside the box.. than I used to be.. Laughing

Weighs on my well-being too roddie, probably most people. Covid-19, social unrest, our fellow citizens acting like children.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:32 pm

The current events in the US are a well coordinated attack to create social upheaval. They are not new or normal. Time to choose a side and be prepared to defend it. The divide is so great there can be NO fence sitters any longer.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 pm

crankbndr wrote:The current events in the US are a well coordinated attack to create social upheaval. They are not new or normal. Time to choose a side and be prepared to defend it. The divide is so great there can be NO fence sitters any longer.

Hoping not to delve too deep into the deep end, the good in what has occurred is those who "haven't drank the Kool-Aid" (a reference to an analogy of the unfortunate Jim Jones episode of a failed commune where nearly 1,000 were poisoned by murder and suicide, https://www.thoughtco.com/the-jonestown-massacre-1779385 ), are seeing through the facade provided by the mainstream media, the ultra wealthy and revealing the politicians purchased by them worldwide.

I say worldwide, because this epidemic has shown itself to affect not just US but other first world and 3rd world countries alike.

Hijacked Knowing the type of world that we live in, the corruption and cancer that exists, we wise up to the fact that we each need to take care of our own situations. Since we all live in different places with different circumstances, may dictate where our next residence is.

Stalin took care of his "make Russia great again" pro Russian Czar population by starving the Ukraine bread basket and other nasty acts, in essence murdering 66 million Russians (Alexander Solzhenitsyn's data) during the reign of the Bolsheviks. A lot of scientists, technicians, managers, skilled laborers, etc. died.

Those Chinese Christians who did not sit back waiting for the supposed early rapture of the church before trouble comes when Mao's reign of terror came upon them survived. (Over 40 million died as a result.)

Back To Topic I plan to stay out of the limelight as much as possible, do the things I believe the Lord commanded us in the Bible to do, focus on bringing people into His kingdom. If I die because of it, I knew I was doing exactly what I was supposed to do. Above all, be happy and have a sense of joy through this whole episode, and enjoy life even with the restraints placed upon us. And, if the Lord directs, I will move.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The New Normal? Empty RE:The new normal

Post  66 Malibu Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:32 pm

George,  
You are exactly spot on the depth of the issues facing our country and you have no idea how many people are thinking the same way as you. We are in a titanic struggle of good versus evil and each will have the free will to decide which side of the road to be on.
To paraphrase what I tell our grandsons, Decide yes or no on a topic this important and understand maybe, I'll think about, or someday put you directly in the middle of the road. The only things in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead possums!!
What totally surprises me is the people you normally thought to be solid and intelligent are nice obedient little sheeple being controlled by total fear.
Many are saying the face mask is preparing women for their new Sharia outfit soon to come.
God Speed ….
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 pm

“All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.”

Edmund Burke a long time ago and often quoted.

Now a days I would add Women to that quote.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Here's a song that I think is fitting:
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 am

Blues master B.B. King performs "The Thrill Is Gone" in Chicago at the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival. The Crossroads Guitar Festival is a music festival and concert that benefits the Crossroads Centre, a drug treatment center located in Antigua, founded by Eric Clapton in 1998

there are 4 masters playing this song each with a solo...I only recognize Clapton...any ideas on the other two?

searched you tube found this and several other versions
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  66 Malibu Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:40 am

The player on the end with the black shirt looks to be Jimmie Vaughn ( Stevie Ray Vaughn 's brother).
It's hard to tell, since I've seen him in many years, but my best SWAG is Buddy Guy.
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Thanks Fred for your historical background on the song and 66 Malibu for you confirming my sentiments.

I thought the song was appropriate as it is cool traditional jazz and the song title and words seemed to aptly fit. I love B.B.'s style of jazz.

My father owned a 1966 Chevelle Malibu, small block 8 with 3 speed column shift, 2 door hardtop with all black interior and banana yellow exterior, AM radio, no A/C, just basic car. I thought it neat how quiet it was once in 3rd gear and on the highway, it was whisper quiet. I was 12 YO when he got it.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:29 pm

66 Malibu wrote:The player on the end with the black shirt looks to be Jimmie Vaughn ( Stevie Ray Vaughn 's brother).
It's hard to tell, since I've seen him in many years, but my best SWAG is Buddy Guy.

Robert Cray
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  66 Malibu Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Thanks Fred for your historical background on the song and 66 Malibu for you confirming my sentiments.

I thought the song was appropriate as it is cool traditional jazz and the song title and words seemed to aptly fit. I love B.B.'s style of jazz.

My father owned a 1966 Chevelle Malibu, small block 8 with 3 speed column shift, 2 door hardtop with all black interior and banana yellow exterior, AM radio, no A/C, just basic car. I thought it neat how quiet it was once in 3rd gear and on the highway, it was whisper quiet. I was 12 YO when he got it.
George, If you change the color of your Dad's Mailbu from yellow to the new color of that year, Marina Blue ( Medium metallic and a copy of the 1965 Corvette Nassau blue) you would have my car.
I bought it new and still have it the garage now on jack stands. I could have it running and driving easily in a day or a day and a half.
Mine has 3.08 gears and would run 105 mph on the primary carb barrels then the two secondary barrels would open and go 120+.
My wife and I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and we made many 900 mile trips back to NC with much of it  on the Sunshine State toll road at night with no traffic. I didn't like run over 100mph more than an hour at time. Never took more than 12 hours flat to do the 900 miles even with fuel and rest room stops. It scares me now thinking about it !!!
About 10 years ago members of the National Chevelle club came to see my car and to document what a totally mint survivor car looked like and to take pictures of many details of how the Doraville, GA factory built it.
Cost me $2251 new and I'll bet I'd get that for it times 15...
It's a member of the family …….Fun stuff, Steve..
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Steve, you share interesting stuff about that Malibu, thanks. I always liked that year of Malibu, seemed to have the odd back window set forward a little, different than other years.

Coincidentally I had a 1974 Ford Pinto 4 banger automatic in the same colors as my father's Malibu, bought used from a coworker at Douglas Aircraft back in 1982. Certainly not a remarkable car by any means, but even with its odd quirks back when President Carter mandated the 55 MPH nationwide maximum speed limit, was a good single guy's basic transportation. Even had aftermarket air conditioning. Drove it from California to Arkansas and back, northern route going (I-40), southern route returning (Dallas onto I-10). It was my first car after college. (I rode my 1971 Honda CB100 back and forth to work, shopping, site seeing, etc. in Southern California for six months while working at Douglas until I had enough money to buy a used car with cash.)

Cleaned up and repainted the exterior. Ford cleaned up the safety problems, gas tank top no longer was the trunk floor, redesign prevented the rear axle differential from puncturing the tank in a crash, decent heavy duty metal chrome front and back bumpers.

Front buckets were low slung. Sold it because when I married, my Filipino wife is only 4'-11", when she sat in the driver seat, she was viewing the front through the space between the top of the steering wheel and the dash. Sitting, you could only see her face about chin up from the outside.

During the 1960's, seems Chevy's were good cars. Latter years, seems corporate made some bad decisions, like converting a gas engine block to diesel, using AAC cylinder / piston technology (the Vega) for an American public who didn't know how to take care of cars, needed Russian (did I say that? Shocked ) durability using used cooking oil for lubrication, water systems that can handle the same degraded coolant for years or run without water, etc. Doh!

Anyway, enough ranting, Computer Issues much better things to look at in life. 4th of July Flag

Speaking of important stuff, when am I going to finish that 1960's OK Models Pilot Cessna 177 CL with Enya .09-III TV mounted inverted?
Airplane RC Plane
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum