Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

You are not going to believe this! Cox_ba12

You are not going to believe this! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 7:43 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

You are not going to believe this! Empty
Live on Patrol

You are not going to believe this!

Go down

Thinking You are not going to believe this!

Post  happydad Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:05 am

Well, guys I have submitted my name for testing a new covid-19 trial vaccination. Last night on the late local news, a local, to San Diego, Biotech, ?, Company asked for 30,000 volunteers from all over the world, 500 from San Diego, CA to volunteer to be subjects to test a new NIH approved category 3 , level 3, whatever, vaccine. I went wild trying to find the CORRECT place to sign up. NBC7 San Diego said to go to their website, NBC7.com and search for covid trial. I did for over an hour. I signed up at some place that said i was #39,843, out of 30,000 spots and to fill out a questionaire and they would get back to me. I did, they didn't.  Today I googled "how to sign up for covid-19 trials" and got a different website and i signed up again and this time i got an instant response that sounded credible. then i watched today's local news and they showed a place at the beach, actually the city I was born in, Pacific Beach, CA , where thousands of teens were lined up for 500 local spots in the trial, BUT the news article said to keep signing up because they were still looking for certain types  of people, like senior citizens over 65, ding, ding, ding. My hopes are still alive. They are actually looking for people who have some symptoms similar to covid, like chronic cough, etc. So there may still be hope for me.

I am sick and tired of being confined to home, except for food or gas. Let me out of my cage, please, or at least let me participate in this test.

Oh, did I forget to mention the incentive? Up to $7,000.00. I don't know if that includes travel, I live 60 miles from the test site, UCSD, University California, San Diego. Also a medical school.  

happydad RC Plane    United States    Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Thinking Re: You are not going to believe this!

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:05 am

That's a lot of "go though" to get signed up HD. Proud of ya!

Up to $7K, that's a lot to get stuck by a needle. I read that the ingredients were all dead, so no harm is expected.

Good luck. I can't wait until this world wide nightmare is over.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:49 am

I have several acquaintances that have contracted COVID. Some young and some old, every one had extremely mild symptoms. While I am sure symptoms vary from person to person, it’s not enough to keep me locked up inside. I just wear a mask, pray and go about my business. Flying is a treat now as I have a whole row of seats to myself on most flights.

I bet they give you the vaccine and then later on infect you with COVID. I don’t know how else they would see if it works or not. Unless they just want to see what antibodies your body creates once the vaccine takes hold.

For $7K I’d be a player.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:42 am

It's that "up to" thing Ron. $7K X 30,000 is a lot of money for any company to lay out unless the government is backing it up. But if successful, the rewards would be great. I'm just naïve to have thought this was all voluntary. God and Country and all that. Guess those days are long past.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:33 am

Interesting Ron...what Airline

This month I spent a week with Army Buddy in Alabama
AA 4 airplanes all EmbryAir 145s 47 pax

GRK To DFW DFW to MGM and return
All 4 flights were full...this is a 1 seat port side 2 seat starboard configuration

no food or beverage service...excuse ...social distancing...ironic in a dense packed aluminum tube
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:39 am

I’ve flown Delta, American and Southwest since this has all gone down. For the most part air travel has diminished everywhere. Maybe I have been lucky or just have been going to unpopular places.

Coming back from Idaho to OKC the plane was pretty full. Still had an empty seat beside me though.

I agree that social distancing is a joke on an airplane that uses partially recycled air inside the cabin. Not to mention the close quarters and everyones hands on everything, baggage handlers, bathrooms etc. no beverage service but stewardesses handing out bags of snacks and water to each and everyone on board. There is effort being put forth, but not practical at all. I am not too worried. All I can control is what I do and I follow the rules as best I can, for others not for myself.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Thinking You hit the nail on the head Ron

Post  happydad Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:I have several acquaintances that have contracted COVID. Some young and some old, every one had extremely mild symptoms. While I am sure symptoms vary from person to person, it’s not enough to keep me locked up inside. I just wear a mask, pray and go about my business. Flying is a treat now as I have a whole row of seats to myself on most flights.

I bet they give you the vaccine and then later on infect you with COVID. I don’t know how else they would see if it works or not. Unless they just want to see what antibodies your body creates once the vaccine takes hold.

For $7K I’d be a player.

Ron: I haven’t been accepted yet, but I think you hit the nail on the head. They want to see what antibodies each person creates once the have been vaccinated.

I have received several “please hurry and fill out this survey” emails, but not from the people running the trials, nor from the UCSD medical system, the local people authorized to do the trials. I am critical of emails from anyone else.

I have actually participated in an event previously, I won’t go into details, but it didn’t work out, but paid $25 for a sample. It was a study of people with COPD, a breathing issue, and I was a patients opposite I guess you could call it. Nuff said

We will see what we see. I want to get out of this house. Tired of being confined as much fun as it is buying toys on eBay, I am going broke, at least my toys money.

Happydad  RC Plane       United States    Old Bugger  Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:59 pm

I am pretty sure you won’t burst into flames if you go outside. I know California is strict on COVID, but you should be able to go to a park or get an ice cream or something. Where I am everything is pretty much the same except having to wear a mask in most places.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Thinking today was wifes birthday

Post  happydad Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:I am pretty sure you won’t burst into flames if you go outside. I know California is strict on COVID, but you should be able to go to a park or get an ice cream or something. Where I am everything is pretty much the same except having to wear a mask in most places.

Today was wifes birthday, so i worked all day on her surprize, she went to dentist, went out and picked up dinner, and we ate at home.

Ron, I am talking about walking in the park without stumbling over the homeless, not seeing EVERYONE else WITHOUT masks. that kind of stuff.

I just spent from June 16th to July 15th volunteering helping tax preparers, licensed by AARP and approved by the state of california, notice no caps. And not 1 of our volunteers in those 30 days+ was ill, not 1 of the people who had their taxes done were ill, or had symptoms to our knowledge and WE WORE our MASKS AND GLOVES EVERY DAY. WE worked in 4 hour shifts, some tax preparers 8 hours a day. VOLUNTEERS.

And our Moron governor. Lets people go the beach, covid-19 rate skyrockets, so he closes the beaches, they all protest and go to the beaches anyway and ARE NOT TICKETED OR ARRESTED. NOT 1.

That is why I stay at home. I want to be able to go to the park and throw a glider to check C.G. The time I did go to the local park, the local football team was illegally practicing, against our local High School rules for the North County. So No plane throwing, No walking in a public park, unfortunately shared with a private school for the slow learners, not those, the ones who skip school, who get kicked out of school multiple times, who have been to juvenile hall, jail for teens here, and sort of have to go back to school until they are 17 years old, those slow learners.

sorry for ranting, but that's how it is out here in wonderland, SoCal.

happydad RC Plane     United States    Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Thinking Correction BOB, $1billion funded

Post  happydad Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:35 pm

rsv1cox wrote:It's that "up to" thing Ron.  $7K X 30,000 is a lot of money for any company to lay out unless the government is backing it up.  But if successful, the rewards would be great.  I'm just naïve to have thought this was all voluntary. God and Country and all that.  Guess those days are long past.  

Bob

Bob: I guess i left something out. This program is being funded by you and me. There is a $1billion grant or something similar going to this company to fund the trials. It was all over the local news here because the company was local, but the trials will be world wide. Can't remember the name. Don't want to guess.

The government, you and me, is funding the trials.
   I can see another tax raise coming to pay for COVID-19 can't you. Vote NO.

happydad  RC Plane      United States    Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:19 am

Thanks HD for clearing that up.

The press is to busy reporting about "peaceful" protesters and nailing the current occupant of the WH to the wall to report real news. I'm more interested in learning about what's going on in the Middle East, China, and Europe to say nothing about where the trillions of dollars in giveaways is coming from in a climate of tax reductions. I fear for our children and grandchildren and it has more to do with economics than Covid.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Thinking You know where the money is coming from. YOU and ME, TAXPAYER.

Post  happydad Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:38 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Thanks HD for clearing that up.  

The press is to busy reporting about "peaceful" protesters and nailing the current occupant of the WH to the wall to report real news.  I'm more interested in learning about what's going on in the Middle East, China, and Europe to say nothing about where the trillions of dollars in giveaways is coming from in a climate of tax reductions.  I fear for our children and grandchildren and it has more to do with economics than Covid.  

You know darned well where the money is coming from. The unlimited sky debt ceiling we have and you know who is really paying for it. YOU and ME, the TAXPAYERS.  Here come more tax raises. In So. Cal. tax on gasoline Is 85c per gallon, the last 35c raised without citizen approval. The governor, moron, shoved it down our throats as necessary for road repair, just like the last 15c gas tax hike a few years ago. But the roads are terrible in spots all over CA. I think he is building a mansion somewhere.  Two Cents

That is all. Happydad is happy now. RC Plane    United States    Old Bugger Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:04 pm

rsv1cox wrote:The press is to busy reporting about "peaceful" protesters and nailing the current occupant of the WH to the wall to report real news. I'm more interested in learning about what's going on in the Middle East, China, and Europe to say nothing about where the trillions of dollars in giveaways is coming from in a climate of tax reductions. I fear for our children and grandchildren and it has more to do with economics than Covid.

I pay no attention to the fake news, which unfortunately is now our MSM. The violence (nothing peaceful about breaking bones, criminal tresspass onto properties and vehicles of others and destroying another's property) is permitted by these Nero rulers, who are now letting Rome burn.

Hijacked Other leader politicians blame the president for not sending Federal help, but he has already done this through prior law. Every state has National Guardmen who can be put on state active duty (paid by state instead of federal) on a moments notice, give each policeman a squad, platoon, or even a company of soldiers under his direction. (At one time, Minnesota, Oregon, New York, Georgia had outstanding National Guard departments.) All it takes is the governor upon catching wind of impending riots, to use his authority as the supreme military commander of the state, phone their 24 hour state emergency response team, which includes a Guardsman point of contact. According to pre-programmed planning, that contact then calls the state NG head honcho, who then springs into action. Military command post becomes operational along side their emergency responder command post. The operational orders are already in place.

They refused to do this, there is no adequate explanation. If this was done, the rioters upon seeing several thousand Guardsman, most would have turned tail and run. Some would be arrested. A few truly violent ones would have been put down, but overall, there would have not been the death and destruction that is currently occurring. (We used to call such failures to act as treason.)
Back To Topic

happydad wrote:You know darned well where the money is coming from. The unlimited sky debt ceiling we have and you know who is really paying for it. YOU and ME, the TAXPAYERS.  Here come more tax raises. In So. Cal. tax on gasoline Is 85c per gallon, the last 35c raised without citizen approval. The governor, moron, shoved it down our throats as necessary for road repair, just like the last 15c gas tax hike a few years ago. But the roads are terrible in spots all over CA. I think he is building a mansion somewhere.  Two Cents

Hijacked It used to be that all taxes collected from vehicle titling, registration and fuel tax was used to fund highway system infrastructure repairs. Then these liberal politicians misappropriated (a form of theft to the people) those funds to other projects and causes, such as social welfare. Highway repairs benefit everyone, whereas these diversions of funds only benefit a select few.

Now under this pandemic, the head leaders are usurping state congressional authority, making their own calls, in some cases without appropriate law, declaring their own executive orders violating state constitution.

Back To Topic Now I return control of your TV back to you. *** THE OUTER LIMITS ***
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 pm

Sure I do HD, but I doubt the general public has a clue....or cares. That's where the media comes in.

We have been off the gold standard for years so there is nothing backing us up except the economy, the economy goes bonkers and...........

There is a scene in the movie "Remains of the Day" where an intellectual asks the butler a series of questions relevant to world events and the economy of the times and the butler responds with something like "I'm sorry, I'm unable to answer those questions". The intellectual turns to his friends and says to the effect - This is the type person that elects our politicians.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum