Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Stackers of PM Cox_ba12

Stackers of PM Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stealth SB-X
by Admin Today at 8:28 pm

» ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:45 pm

» SUPERTIGER .15 PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:42 pm

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Today at 5:23 pm

» WHERE ARE YOU BUYING YOUR FUEL AND GLOW PLUGS...?
by TD ABUSER Today at 4:35 pm

» Waiting for Engines from Ken Enya
by sosam117 Today at 4:33 pm

» Unusual Cox 049 cylinder - Need help identifying
by anm2 Today at 4:12 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Today at 2:57 pm

» What's the Best Reed for Cox Reed Valve Engines.
by roddie Today at 1:37 pm

» Fuel choice
by 1975 control line guy Yesterday at 4:01 pm

» "Fall S.M.A.L.L." Video 3.
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» Gifted Fox
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Stackers of PM Empty
Live on Patrol

Stackers of PM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stackers of PM Empty Stackers of PM

Post  crankbndr Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:34 pm

Anyone here a Stacker?
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Stackers of PM Empty Re: Stackers of PM

Post  Admin Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:39 pm

I've bought a handful of silver eagles over the years, gotten a few as gifts too. I know there's a number of 1 oz bars stashed away as well. I have about 15 or so Morgan silver dollars and a few peace dollars. Otherwise not a whole lot.

I am however a stacker of aluminum cans. lol! The entire back wall of the garage is stacked with bags of cans. I need to call the recycling center one of these days and see what prices are up to. Would like to have them over 60¢/lb. I think they were paying around 40¢ the last time I called a few months ago. Aluminum can shortage my Censored .

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:07 am

crankbndr wrote:Anyone here a Stacker?

Do you mind explaining what you're referring to? It's not a common term in my culture, although we do have a PM (which is our Prime Minister). lol!
Otherwise, you've lost me! I would have thought a stacker was a machine used for building a stack. Huh...
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:14 am

When I hear the term stacker I think of a person who buys gold and silver. My dad would do this with regular frequency. I'm assuming the PM refers to precious metals? I could be totally incorrect here it's just what came to me.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:28 am

EDIT: Ken beat me to it, but anyway...

Precious Metals maybe?

I have been investing in anodized aluminium, mild steel and zamak.

Lately I have been expanding to cast iron:

Stackers of PM 852a5010

And more recently, I found the mother-lode: 10lb chunk of zamak with some paraphernalia attached Cool

Stackers of PM 43c55310

Other than that, I have set aside some special edition coins and stuff. There is a company around here that buys car batteries etc and pays relatively good, but they set up for buying smaller amounts a couple of years after my big purge when I recycled a few hundred lbs of ”formerly precious” metal.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:03 am

Stacking motorcycles and cars is cool ( like Jay Leno) but I don't have the space. PMs = silver, gold.
If your a stacker you know what it is. If you don't know a little google-fu.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:58 am

Sorry for the joke/off topic in my first reply. I understand you have quite a ”stack” of precious sealed units of aluminum, mild steel and zamak in the form of Cox products Smile

I have thought about investing in precious metals, but not so much in the physical form of bullions or bars. Having them on an account makes them more liquid. Safety with the account vs actual material is arguable. Also, how to ”make a deal” without getting ripped off? Buying counterfeit or something. Having actual metal is anonymous, that can be good or bad. Someone walks away with your gold, game over. On the other hand, your gold is your gold, and what the taxman doesn’t know about, he won’t be able to tax.

One kilogram of silver can be bought for roughly 1000EUR, one kilogram of gold is 50kEUR. Gold is more compact, but then again, silver is also an Industrial metal, it may fluctuate more... better opportunities to speculate maybe? Lots of things to ponder.

Just out if curiosity do you ”stack” already or are you about to begin? What’s the angle, are you going to trade/speculate, build a retirement fund, or is it for just in case excrement collides with the apparatus of ventilation?
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Been looking at silver for about a year, the gold to silver ratio is still too high IMO. No so much as an investment but a hedge against week dollar and inflation.
I am a saver, since 08 the FED funds rate has been pretty much zero, crushing savers. Im on a fixed income and inflation for me has been bad, while the Fed says there is none.
The Feds inflation measuring stick is broken. Insurances are about 35% of my GROSS income and taxes are 25% of my net income. The REAL interest rate (inflation minus bond yields) is negative two or three percent. This is an unsustainable path and has been. The Fed is creating bubbles of epic size now. I have followed stocks for 25 years and done well especially the last four, moved to safety end Dec. Started stacking silver to pass to my Son. Started looking in the mid teens last year, no physical silver to be had. Recently eight year high, no physical to be had. The only way to get spot price is buy 5000oz contract from CME. Manipulation by big banks is another story, paper silver and actual physical silver is a huge disparity.

I like off topic, like your sense of humor.

Last edited by crankbndr on Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:35 pm

The printing machines are 24/7/365 printing non stop. Some non precious metals are hard to get too.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:49 pm

Jason_WI wrote:The printing machines are 24/7/365 printing non stop. Some non precious metals are hard to get too.

Printing machines go wwwhhhheeeeerrrrrrrrr!!! I can't figure how the dollar is as strong as it is now. Copper is on a run based on an economic recovery, if that falters metals will get crushed.

EDT The Fed is probably buying the dollar to prop it up in secret, the buy 100s billions of US bonds to prop them up also. Called quantitative easing.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:11 pm

crankbndr wrote:
Jason_WI wrote:The printing machines are 24/7/365 printing non stop. Some non precious metals are hard to get too.

Printing machines go wwwhhhheeeeerrrrrrrrr!!! I can't figure how the dollar is as strong as it is now. Copper is on a run based on an economic recovery, if that falters metals will get crushed.

EDT The Fed is probably buying the dollar to prop it up in secret, the buy 100s billions of US bonds to prop them up also. Called quantitative easing.

I can't figure how the dollar is as strong as it is now

You and me too.  

Presently 28 trillion, trillion with a Capital as in US T in debt now, seems like it was just 22 trillion a few weeks ago and our government wants to give away another couple of trillion.  That's $84 K for every man, woman, and child in the USA.  If your a tax payer you better be ready to anti up $222K

One day the Piper will have to be paid.

https://usdebtclock.org/
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:27 pm

Ya Bob, they are floating the idea now of 60 and 100 year bonds to push the debt out 3,4,5 generations. Nothing like kicking the can down the road.
I see an imminent collapse, but thats just me.

And O ya they aint getting my stack!!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:21 am

Admin wrote:I've bought a handful of silver eagles over the years, gotten a few as gifts too. I know there's a number of 1 oz bars stashed away as well. I have about 15 or so Morgan silver dollars and a few peace dollars. Otherwise not a whole lot.

I am however a stacker of aluminum cans.  lol!  The entire back wall of the garage is stacked with bags of cans. I need to call the recycling center one of these days and see what prices are up to. Would like to have them over 60¢/lb. I think they were paying around 40¢ the last time I called a few months ago. Aluminum can shortage my Censored .

How you get so many cans? Drink a lot of Coke?? Very Happy I used to do a lot of construction remodeling and recycled alum, copper and brass. Some years it wasn't worth the effort and others it paid well. Kinda funny aluminum used to be a precious metal and its smelting now is CO2 intensive. When John Kerry outlaws the process it will be precious again so keep stacking.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  706jim Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 am

Waiting in line to recycle beer cans, a guy brought in literally hundreds of crushed cans in clear plastic bags. Apparently he would place them between two sheets of plywood and drive over them with his truck to crush them.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:49 pm

crankbndr wrote:
How you get so many cans? Drink a lot of Coke?? Very Happy  I used to do a lot of construction  remodeling and recycled alum, copper and brass. Some years it wasn't worth the effort and others it paid well. Kinda funny aluminum used to be a precious metal and its smelting now is CO2 intensive. When John Kerry outlaws the process it will be precious again so keep stacking.

A few years worth of coke cans. Hundreds of cans. I have a scale that I can hang the bags from. I forgot how much each bag weighs on average. Some bags have mostly crushed cans, others are not crushed, some are half/half.

I remember getting around 90¢ a pound for cans back around the great recession, 2008/2009. Looking at the way things are heading, we'll probably get there again more sooner than later.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 pm

Well, I worked for more than 20 years in the recycling of aluminum alloy parts, among them, cans.
About 15 grams a can weighs and from there you have to put a few together so that they charge a significant value.
Squashing them saves space and gains weight at the same container volume, so go ahead, recycling is great.
Here are a few cans to process, where I was in charge of the entire operation!
Stackers of PM Dsc09511
Stackers of PM Dsc09510
Stackers of PM Dsc09410
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:05 am

MauricioB wrote:
Stackers of PM Dsc09510

That's an awful lot of sugar that's been consumed.  

Stackers of PM Screen28
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:52 am

Here in Finland we have deposits for aluminum cans and plastic bottles. Cans are 15 cent, bottles 20 or 40 cent depending on the size. Glass bottles are 10 cent I think. It helps to reduce waste, and it is pretty convenient nowadays when you can return them in the automat at the grocery store. Only inconvenience is that the barcode needs to be intact, i.e. can is not crushed, and the labels are still on the bottles. Not a big deal after all. The machine crushes the cans and probably somehow cuts and flattens the plastics for easier transportation.

Aluminum is one of the most common elements in the Earth’s crust, but processing and de-oxidizing Al from the ore is very energy consuming, so it’s very much environmentally friendly to recycle, even if would mean some extra work. Not just cans or ally either, remember bottle caps, bent screws, busted crankcases, electronics, batteries, soup cans, lids and what not.

Beer Cheers Here’s to all who recycle!
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:44 am

Here I leave the web address of the company where I work, it was a great experience of more than 20 years.
If you want to watch the video multiple times, just refresh the page and it will start again.
http://www.sicamar.com.ar/
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:44 am

That's a very impressive place and looks like a lot of responsibility , around here they ship the metals out to be liquified as far as i know ? Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:00 am

MauricioB wrote:Here I leave the web address of the company where I work, it was a great experience of more than 20 years.
If you want to watch the video multiple times, just refresh the page and it will start again.
http://www.sicamar.com.ar/

Nice video of the process, I will take some lingotes jumbo please.
1000KG= 1 Metric Ton or 2204 pounds!! Now thats what I call stacking!!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 pm

I gave up on saving/recycling and selling my aluminum when I moved last year. Not worth the hassle for the low price they're paying...
Now that I'm in town I just set the recyclables out on mon night for collection and let somebody else deal with it!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Stackers of PM Empty My growing stack of the precious metal Pb and alloys

Post  fredvon4 Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Pure Lead
Antinomy to harden
Tin to make flow better
various sizes of shot for the Zombies
ability to make more because right now there is a significant shortage of most ammunition

Stackers of PM 20210210
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:43 pm

There is something interesting going on with silver that may come to a head in the weeks and months ahead. The theory is spot silver price is controlled by the large bullion banks and the "paper" silver is backed by actual physical 300 to 1 ratio. In other words they trade paper silver that does not exist and settle in cash. Last year people buying physical silver increased dramatically while mines were slowed by Covid and the buying has been off the charts this year so far. By taking physical out of the market they hope to make the clearing houses default on futures contracts physical delivery thus driving silver price up. I did some arithmetic and the supply numbers don't add up to actual demand, not even close. Add in the fact the the bullion banks are short sellers of silver that trade would be catastrophic to them if price went up. I'm in! Long silver, going against big banks and even the FED who has an interest in keeping PM down because it debases the dollar. Futures contract delivery for month start soon and will see if they have the silver or not. Do not know what will happen but should be interesting.

PSLV ETF holds physical if you want to join the trade.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:14 pm

He,he...ya Fred...I do collect lead and repurpose it!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum