Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Cox_ba12

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Empty
Live on Patrol

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!)

Go down

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Empty A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!)

Post  Kim Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:38 am

From the Flyers' Facebook Page
Sunday Morning--
After a wild party over in Illinois with my wonderful niece's family, I'm moving mighty slow this morning, but am knocking down Folgers with the intent of jump-starting my old self, and heading to Breezy Hill for some roundy-rounds.
My day is moving like cold molasses, so it's gonna be mid-afternoon (my most-hated time of day) before I can get there.  Any Flyers that care to deal with my crankyness, please come out.

Also, somebody please help me remember to update my emergency info in our Emergency Info Book...just another detail that seems to be growing in importance as my years crank by...
"Oh Lord, It's Eleven A.M. Already Kim"
.......................................................................................
And Then:
"Sunday Flying on breezy Breezy Hill"

Got to Breezy Hill around 1:00 or something like it, with building southerly winds breaking across the field.
I figured the choppy wind would have a fatal affect on Big Bunny, so she stayed in the van.

I'd just made up a set of .012 x 60' cables for the Shark, so it got hauled out, stooged up, and hooked up.  We got in three flights (me and the Shark) before Billy showed up with a couple of his beautiful rubberband models for static observation.  I got a good video of his talking about them, and will try to post it (the Geek Squad at Best Buy still have my main computer and the editing program I like).

We were also honored with a fairly low fly-by of our National Symbol, who seemed to have a quickly fading interest in me and Billy.

My last flight of the day (and the reason it was the last flight) saw the Shark very nearly play lawn dart.  On the outside/backside of a horizontal 8, the Shark's Enya .19 suddenly quit, with the wind blowing the plane over the top of the circle, and it's limp cables trailing uselessly behind.

The cables snapped tight low on the downwind side of the circle, with the Shark in an inverted dive that gave me no option but to recover inverted and hope that landing on it's back wouldn't snap off the needle valve in the old Enya.  Luckily, there was even speed enough for a slight flair as the Shark slid into the turf upside-down, with no damage.
The old profile was given a loving wipe-down, and safely parked in it's rack.

After all this excitement, President Ronnie, Lloyd, and Patrick showed up, with Patrick taking the crop circle to fly his 1/2A Sig Skyray.

Patrick got in several good flights while the rest of us visited, so it was a pretty good day.

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 5_58

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 6_56

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 7_57

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 8_118

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 50_22

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 102_410

https://youtu.be/YIadELFxxzA

Last edited by Kim on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Empty Re: A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!)

Post  mccoyboy Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:17 am

That has got me longing to get flying again! That Shark is a nice looking model!
mccoyboy
mccoyboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Empty Re: A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!)

Post  rsv1cox Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:37 am

Enya years ago in all their wisdom and anticipating your inverted landing Kim designed that springed needle just for you.

As always, I enjoyed your Breezy Hill adventure.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:47 pm

I made it out to New Jersey yesterday to fly at the Salem County r/c field. It's been a cold dormant winter and it's been a while since we've been out. We caught a glimpse of a bald eagle ourselves flying at a fairly high altitude. I had my new Stork out to try and the first flight resulted in a fairly outboard high wing tip condition. My son landed it and it went into the car until we can fix that. Next out was a combat wing with a TD .049 on it, we flew that and on launch, the winds were quite strong resulting in it sinking. It skimmed the ground, cut the engine and broke the prop, game over as I had no spares with me. I managed to get some Jetex flights up, nothing impressive. The Gods of Jetex were just not feeling it yesterday. The darn nozzle kept getting clogged resulting in poor thrust delivery. All in all, I looked at it as I got some pretty darn good data for the day and I will try again another time. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:09 am

Thank you guys!

As I've blabbed here before, the Jetco "Shark 15" was a large influence back in the 1960's when my Uncle Wayne and cousin Bobby taught me to fly control line.

Wayne didn't own a .15 size engine back then, and so, the Enya .19 was installed in his Shark's nose.  By our standards, this made it quite a hot rod.  When I built my second Shark about ten years ago, Wayne gifted me the same Enya .19 that had howled around my home town ball field way back in the day.

And it's still howling...and occasionally gives me a jab to make me stay awake!

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Waynes14
A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Waynes13
A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Dscn6510
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:01 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Enya years ago in all their wisdom and anticipating your inverted landing Kim designed that springed needle just for you.  

As always, I enjoyed your Breezy Hill adventure.  

Well, I APPRECIATE them people!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Bob!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Bravo Kim! In addition to your very enjoyable accounts on flying events, you always add new idioms to my humble English vocabulary..this time "lawn dart"... lol!
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:08 pm

Kim, is that a Top Flite Sureform Hurricane in the pic? I had one and I really liked it, however it shook itself apart. My son re-kitted it for me and that was that. I have another in the box which I would like to try a hand at again..
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Ken Cook wrote:              Kim, is that a Top Flite Sureform Hurricane in the pic? I had one and I really liked it, however it shook itself apart. My son re-kitted it for me and that was that. I have another in the box which I would like to try a hand at again..

Yeah, that was Uncle Wayne's beautiful Top Flite Hurricane.  It never got the chance to shake itself apart, but was lost when it's bellcrank mount failed and dove it into the infield dirt...with me holding the handle.

I've started one my kit couple times now, intending to install an O.S. .35 to hold down the shaking, and with some kind of internal bracing to give it a reasonable lifespan.

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 1_187

Last edited by Kim on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:16 pm

My computer is back!  Here we go!

https://youtu.be/NBHW8aytKQc
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:21 pm

balogh wrote:Bravo Kim! In addition to your very enjoyable accounts on flying events, you always add new idioms to my humble English vocabulary..this time "lawn dart"... lol!

I'd love to take credit for it Andras, but it can sometimes be a way of life for me and my buds... Shocked
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:25 am

Thanks Kim , The Bald Eagle was beautiful ! there is one a few miles from me at a lake and has a nest at the top of a pole near the bridge , get to see it now and then . Very Happy Like the way you set the stooge up for different planes . This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) Empty Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:51 am

A nice little air show from nature.

I us d to live on the coast and go slope soaring on the "ridge" at the back of town. Red kites would formate with the glider, just a few feet away. It was comical watching the crows trying to fly inverted, they were definately trying to do what I did with the glider.
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:10 am

Thanks Eric!

I missed videoing a funny moment (actually several) at a Fun-Fly last Fall with our friends at Sikeston:

I was flying my "Bucket-o-Planes" veteran Shoestring, but was too lazy to set up my pull-string stooge.  Due to previous laziness, my kitchen mat stooge was already bolted to my table, so the ole 'String got jammed in it.

This chunky Goldberg Shoestring needs a bit of a run to get things rolling, but I figured to give it a shot anyway.

With the old Fox .35 giving all it had, the 'String was hauled from the stooge, and losing it's 2 1/2 ft of initial altitude, it had just enough forward speed to bounce a touch-and-go before flying on up into it's circle.  The 12 year-old part of my brain thought that this was just plain cool.

A breezy day on Breezy Hill (The Video!) 50_119
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down