Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site? Cox_ba12

Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site? Empty
Live on Patrol

Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site?

Go down

Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site? Empty Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site?

Post  Scotland421 Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:15 am

Banned frae purchasing on Ebay shop? What am I missing? It dinnae seem like a mature response. I had nae intentions of asking fae a refund....kneejerk reaction. If the seller communicated, I wouldae said nae refund. I got a product, and I paid fae it end of story.
All dimensions are exact, except fae the omitted indexing ridge, so not exactly tae the Cox OEM blueprints.

Nae battle here, just stating obvious...

James,

These carb bodies are manufactured to Cox OEM drawings, same as the Delrin ones that we manufacture.

Not sure what you mean with an "indexing ridge" but, if you mean the protrusion on the top of one side (facing the rear), those were for the TDRC .050 engines only (because of the muffler) and only 2,000 of those were ever manufactured by Cox. All other 049 /051 carb bodies Cox ever made did not have that protrusion. We make the TD 050 version to cover all engines.

We have sold many 100's of our alu version without having heard of any issues and the most likely reason that yours turns is because the collet (retainer nut) does not sit tightly enough against the carb body.

However, as a courtesy, we have refunded you the cost of that part and trust that this takes care of the issue.

Regards
BXXXX
jawe_241:

Hiya BXXXXX et all. These aluminum carb bodies are flawed. Are they 3D metal printed? There needs tae be an indexing ridge on the inside of the upper edge like the plastic ones. The aluminum ones dinnae stay tight. Wi a balance prop and a smooth run, ma TD 051, the body loosens up and spins. I have tightened the carb body well. It dinnae help. Compare the plastic one wi it, ye wi see what I mean.
Cheers, James MacLaren.
Scotland421
Scotland421
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site? Empty Re: Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site?

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:37 am

I think that you didn't ban from ebay nor purchasing. There is no reason for it. Perhaps you misunderstood it or there is a mistake by shop.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site? Empty Re: Blocked frae purchasing on ebay site?

Post  Scotland421 Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 am

When I go tae make a purchase a message comes up indicating that I'm blocked. Pathetic if ye ask me. I have three other sources fae Cox products so nae problems. I'll spend m' retirement money elsewhere.
Scotland421
Scotland421
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am

Strange. What is the reason?  Very disappointing.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotland421 Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:33 am

The seller is snubbing me, I dinnae have a reason yet.
Scotland421
Scotland421
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Any seller can ban anybody's coms and bidding easily, just go in settings and enter username. When I was selling anyone that gave any crap got the ban hammer, just not worth the trouble.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotland421 Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:06 pm

crankbndr wrote:Any seller can ban anybody's coms and bidding easily, just go in settings and enter username. When I was selling anyone that gave any crap got the ban hammer, just not worth the trouble.
I agree if the customer is abusive at all=block. Totally agree it is justified. I wasnae abusive, just indicated product wasnae 100% it didnae have instructions fae making it work. I expect an exact replica tae the Delrin. it is almost 100% perfect replica in aluminum, wi the exception of the missing indexing ridge. I'm surprised the crank pin didnae break when the engine locked up. I wouldae been steamed if that happened.
Scotland421
Scotland421
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down