Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Cox_ba12

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:48 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Empty
Live on Patrol

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished

Go down

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Empty Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:55 pm

Not to bad to start with.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011308

Cut down the test mount and beveled all four sides to 33 degrees and slopped on some walnut stain.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011309

Crock pot boil, separated front end (think very hot) and two roller bearings came out onto the micro-fiber cloth. Tiny, slightly pointed on the ends. Dropped them into the Simpler Green solution.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011310
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011311

Later found three holes for two bearings. Sad

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011312
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011313
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011314

Simple Green, warm water/alcohol rinse, oil.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011317
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011315
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011316

Very distressing. Later finish with Howard Feed-N-Wax not poly. Don't want to appear I'm trying to hard. A little more engine clean-up and I'm done.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011318
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011319

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Empty Re: Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Are you gonna run it with the missing roller?
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Empty Re: Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:08 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:Are you gonna run it with the missing roller?

I ran it a couple of days ago.

I'm not sure if that roller was missing or not at the time. I was careful removing the front end and only two bearings came out on the cloth which I had wrapped around it. Just the same I checked the whole area carefully and couldn't find another bearing. There was only one square foot of area where where it could have been.

No intentions of running it again. I will just note on the bottom of the mount that it is missing a bearing. When it ran, it ran very well, I was quite surprised.

The quality built into that O&R is outstanding. The pistons crown looks machined with the baffle, not slotted and stuck in like some. The connecting rod and other intermals are nicely finished and the crankshafts weight looks balanced and is marked. I can find little fault with it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm

I have an O&R case with piston & rod but I don't know what size it is. Front housing is gone.
I find it fascinating the way they designed how it comes apart. Remove front housing, turn the rod 90º, pivot it out through the front of the case and pull the piston down and out of the bottom of the cylinder. Thumbs Up
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:I have an O&R case with piston & rod but I don't know what size it is.  Front housing is gone.
I find it fascinating the way they designed how it comes apart. Remove front housing, turn the rod 90º, pivot it out through the front of the case and pull the piston down and out of the bottom of the cylinder. Thumbs Up

Me too Smile

I thought - I'll never get that piston out.  Heck, it just fell out!  Put it back in, as you said, just twist the right way so the baffle is opposite the exhaust port.

Easy to clean too. Insert and rotate.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011320

I have found a couple on ebay, reasonable.  Might be able to replace that missing bearing yet.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Or_eba10

Nasty, I'm the high bidder at $11.01. All I want is that little bearing.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:08 am

I did "win" that O&R, $12 but $10 shipping.

There is another for $19 in much better condition with free shipping. I think it's .23 to replace my elusive .23. Looked all over again for that missing bearing, even as a last resort took my leaf blower to the area, but I did find a tail wheel assembly for one of my Testors Fly-ems.

Finished the mount for the .29. Distressed and distressing but it fits. Found something equally distressed to photograph it with.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011321
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011323
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011322
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011324
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:56 pm

This is all I have of mine.  Don't even know the size
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished Img_2022
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:41 am

Funny how O&R marked some with displacement Rod and not others.

I just found this unmarked .60 and .049 among my stuff, but not that missing .23. Replaced the Enya NVA with a Testors, still not correct but more authentic. I will use the NVA from that parts O&R that I have coming along with the roller bearing. I also found the correct spark plug on ebay for the .60 to replace the glow plug.

Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011327
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011329
Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished P1011328
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down