Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Cox_ba12

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by ffkiwi Today at 4:43 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by 1/2A Nut Today at 4:32 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by Admin Today at 1:33 am

» Happy Birthday Robert ( Rsv1cox )
by balogh Today at 1:06 am

» Carburetor Sprinkler Rod Peak Tee Dee .049 / .051
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» OS MAX-D
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by getback Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cox .020 PeeWee/TeeDee prop-screw
by getback Yesterday at 7:55 am

» Wanted peewee 20 fuel tank
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:40 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

» Off topic - Tonka dump truck restoration. 10:27
by rsv1cox Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Empty
Live on Patrol

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets?

Go down

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Empty New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets?

Post  firstwordisee Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Bought a "new in package" pewee. Bubble rap, seemed good to me, pulled it out and everything looked new/fine, so what the heck lets try to start it up, not surprisingly it didnt start. Took apart...guts look new. Glow plug stuck but got it off with heat, piston looks perfect. Try again, no luck (except for a short run). Black nasty fuel coming from prop shaft on this test? Took apart again, closer inspection there were 3 crank case/fuel tank gaskets??? Replaced with (1) new one, engine runs good, ate a full tank and no fuel spewing out prop shaft. Were these supposed to have 3 gaskets or has someone messed with this engine and put back in package and glued up? Or is this an assembly line error?
Also this is a brass backplate with throttle control. I was hoping to use on a free flight plane but but throttle control drifts around when engine is running, any solutions for this without RC? I have another .020 that I got running, thanks for input here but wanted a backup.
firstwordisee
firstwordisee
Gold Member
Gold Member

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Empty Re: New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets?

Post  Marleysky Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:43 pm

WELL, if you don't want the "RC" I will gladly trade you a Standard 020 piston/cylinder for the RC ring piston/cylinder!! No problem.
It seems very unusual that a New In Package engine would have 3 gaskets, but if assembled during Leisure Dynamics tenure anything could be possible, with the lackluster quality standards. It would be just as unusual that someone would open a NIP RC PeeWee disassemble, and then reassemble with three gaskets, without any traces of fuel being used, and repackage and seal the blister pack to be sold as new and unused... Small Cox Logo

PS: If you want to keep the RC ring for later use, you can remove the cylinder from the crankcase, slide the RC ring down off the cylinder then reinstall the cylinder for free flight use.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Empty Re: New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets?

Post  firstwordisee Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:40 pm

Im a rookie so wasnt sure if that head was designed only for a throttle control, I appreciate you feedback, a trade may still be in the works, just trying to learn right now. The gaskets were really thin (all three of them), the package is the yellow, light green to dark green strips (my phone can't send pics right now), dont know if this that was the "Leisure Dynamics Tenure". Interesting though that fuel leaked out of the prop shaft, didnt know this could be a possible sign of bad gasket because after replaced that stopped.
firstwordisee
firstwordisee
Gold Member
Gold Member

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:19 pm

firstwordisee wrote:Im a rookie so wasnt sure if that head was designed only for a throttle control, I appreciate you feedback, a trade may still be in the works, just trying to learn right now. The gaskets were really thin (all three of them), the package is the yellow, light green to dark green strips (my phone can't send pics right now), dont know if this that was the "Leisure Dynamics Tenure". Interesting though that fuel leaked out of the prop shaft, didnt know this could be a possible sign of bad gasket because after replaced that stopped.

This the one?

New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Screen83

read the package back:
New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Screen84
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  firstwordisee Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:27 pm

Thats the exact one, was it yours? Same package, same price sticker.
firstwordisee
firstwordisee
Gold Member
Gold Member

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:43 pm

Fuel dripping out the prop shaft is expected,flooded or over-primed.  Fuel with the magical Castor oil helps lubricate the crankshaft, It is also the cause of "tight" turning props when it cools and congeals inside the shaft during storage. The black stuff is the aluminum case and steel crankshaft breaking in.When running you should have some castor slinging out the nose!

No..not mine,but I am good at searching e-bay!!  I bought the Silver BabyBee and am expecting to receive the dog, cause the add didn't say " dog not included" in my add!!

AH, no poop! There WAS a "no dog" clause on my bid too. GToo bad.
New in package Cox Pee Wee - 3 case gaskets? Screen85
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  firstwordisee Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Thats some really helpful stuff! Thanks.
Interesting that the black stuff out of the prop shaft stopped after replacing the gasket but maybe a coincidence.
You are good, saw the dog not included ad too.
I just bought one of the new in box pee wees, the guy was down to two, you probably saw them, expensive but not sure these will come around much, wonder where he got them.
Ill think about the trade if you are interested, not sure i need throttle control, be a shame to take it off.
firstwordisee
firstwordisee
Gold Member
Gold Member

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:22 pm

firstwordisee wrote:Thats some really helpful stuff! Thanks.
Interesting that the black stuff out of the prop shaft stopped after replacing the gasket but maybe a coincidence.
You are good, saw the dog not included ad too.
I just bought one of the new in box pee wees, the guy was down to two, you probably saw them, expensive but not sure these will come around much, wonder where he got them.
Ill think about the trade if you are interested, not sure i need throttle control, be a shame to take it off.

No, you need to keep it. ya don't want to risk damaging the cylinder trying to remove it,  When you mount it on a plane, just use a small diameter piece of wire to hold the throttle in the open position for full throttle fun!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum