Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Cox_ba12





Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Murphy Laws of Modelers
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:33 pm

» Another Cox .010 converted to R/C & P-51 Mustang.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 9:43 pm

» Who invented the throttle ring?
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» Baby bee basics
by Rskeifer Yesterday at 8:04 pm

» Bob. The carnival is over!
by pman1111 Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» New to vintage engines
by pman1111 Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:09 pm

» Decals for Models
by latole Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» 1965 Aston Martin, cox powered
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 3:32 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 3:26 pm

» A Wen-Mac ; any information ?
by latole Yesterday at 3:19 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022)
by Admin Yesterday at 1:08 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2022
Surfer_kris's

"Summer time!" with a Cox Conquest .15



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery


When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Cox International Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:34 am

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer
Posts : 3161
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 64
Location : Williams Lake, BC, Canada

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  706jim Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:24 pm

And a complete engine for $360?
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 336
Join date : 2013-11-29

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Cox International Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:17 pm

We stock complete engines, NIB, for $249

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer
Posts : 3161
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 64
Location : Williams Lake, BC, Canada

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  cstatman Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:15 pm

that is a shockingly great price for a .010 - i'm tempted, but....

any idea when you will be able to restock .049 (bee, not TD) piston/cyl combos?

Also? MUCH thanks for feeding our addictions.

cstatman
cstatman
Gold Member
Gold Member

2022 Supporter

Posts : 288
Join date : 2021-02-17
Age : 58
Location : San Jose, CA

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Cox International Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:19 pm

cstatman wrote:that is a shockingly great price for a .010 - i'm tempted, but....

any idea when you will be able to restock .049 (bee, not TD) piston/cyl combos?

Also?   MUCH thanks for feeding our addictions.  


Currently, we are not selling any cylinders at all due to low stock; which we are conserving to build engines.

TD cylinders are shipping mid-month and we will hopefully have them in stock 3rd week of this month.

Non-SPI cylinders are 4 to 8 weeks behind TD version

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer
Posts : 3161
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 64
Location : Williams Lake, BC, Canada

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Yabby Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:07 pm

That is really great news!!! More than anything I am surprised at the NON SPI cylinders been manufactured and I am very pleased and thankful that they have been. My surprise is as there seems to be a bit of a thought line that the non spi cylinders have much lower performance than the SPI cylinders. I do not find that in the field. I actually like the porting of the non spi cylinders. I tend to use NON SPI because I absolutely must use a muffler I either SHIM Cylinders on my TD engines or use non SPI cylinders on my TD engines. Either way I can usually get a bit over 21k out of them using 5x3 prop, 25,25,50 fuel mix and running them a tad rich. Im sure I could get more out them doing this and that, but Im just a weekend sportflyer and the performance I get either way is great in my view. And both setups start really easy and run nice constant runs.

However, whatever, I am pleased that everyone will have the choice due to the availability of new Cylinders of both types eventually! Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy Clapping

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Gold Member
Gold Member

2021 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 227
Join date : 2021-06-08
Location : Murray River

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Scotland421 Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:41 pm

That is why when mine wear out, ah bin them.
Scotland421
Scotland421
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 82
Join date : 2021-03-07

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:20 am

Any chance of new TD09 carb manifold, the plastic moulding held on by the ring nut please...or an alloy version with better provision for tank pressurisation connection...please.

An rc carb and rc silencer X 2 would be a wonderful find on Xmas morning...
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 264
Join date : 2021-01-10
Location : Near Caernarfon, Snowdonia, Wales, UK

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  getback Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:13 am

Here in stock , a pressure tap on the back plate will work better or a muffler tap https://www.ebay.com/p/26008422323
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8897
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 65
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  ChaseBanner Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:48 pm

maybe one day i will be able to afford to be a collector for real, my only .010 and she's stuck, if only it were the late 90's againWhen a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year 6
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 125
Join date : 2021-09-27
Location : Arkansas

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  ChaseBanner Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:57 pm

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Pict0016
my only .010 she's stuck but i still love her
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 125
Join date : 2021-09-27
Location : Arkansas

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:50 pm

Stuck how? As in Castor locked from sitting? I have never seen any cox engine mechanically seize before.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 11849
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 48
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  ChaseBanner Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:58 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Stuck how? As in Castor locked from sitting? I have never seen any cox engine mechanically seize before.
castor locked she is,,,was that when i found her, one day ill try to free her up, im sure i can find a past topic here on cef that had all the tricks
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 125
Join date : 2021-09-27
Location : Arkansas

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Cox International Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:23 am

Yabby wrote:That is really great news!!! More than anything I am surprised at the NON SPI cylinders been manufactured and I am very pleased and thankful that they have been. My surprise is as there seems to be a bit of a thought line that the non spi cylinders have much lower performance than the SPI cylinders. I do not find that in the field. I actually like the porting of the non spi cylinders. I tend to use NON SPI because I absolutely must use a muffler I either SHIM Cylinders on my TD engines or use non SPI cylinders on my TD engines. Either way I can usually get a bit over 21k out of them using 5x3 prop, 25,25,50 fuel mix and running them a tad rich. Im sure I could get more out them doing this and that, but Im just a weekend sportflyer and the performance I get either way is great in my view. And both setups start really easy and run nice constant runs.

However, whatever, I am pleased that everyone will have the choice due to the availability of new Cylinders of both types eventually! Thanks! Very Happy  Very Happy  Clapping

Yabby

With reed-valve engines, we have found that SPI adds from 1,000 to 1,500 RPM but only about 200 RPM for Tee Dee and Medallion.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer
Posts : 3161
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 64
Location : Williams Lake, BC, Canada

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Cox International Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:26 am

Coxfledgling wrote:Any chance of new TD09 carb manifold, the plastic moulding held on by the ring nut please...or an alloy version with better provision for tank pressurisation connection...please.

An rc carb and rc silencer X 2 would be a wonderful find on Xmas morning...

Delrin carb bodies are a bit of a challenge to find but we do have an aluminium version in stock: https://coxengines.ca/cox-09/cox--09-carburetor-body-black.html

09 Carburetors are quite rare and, when available, often in the $50 price range.

Same goes for mufflers.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer
Posts : 3161
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 64
Location : Williams Lake, BC, Canada

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:15 am

ChaseBanner wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:Stuck how? As in Castor locked from sitting? I have never seen any cox engine mechanically seize before.
castor locked she is,,,was that when i found her, one day ill try to free her up, im sure i can find a past topic here on cef that had all the tricks

Oh ok, I thought it was a goner. Yeah plenty of ways to unlock it. It’s been covered in depth. Don’t think anyone would mind if you started a new thread though.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 11849
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 48
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year Empty Re: When a cylinder now costs more that the engine did last year

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum