Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Cox_ba12

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Empty
Live on Patrol

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts?

Go down

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Empty Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts?

Post  Russell Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:34 am

Do you have any recommendation on where I can buy some spare parts for Allen-Mercury (A-M) 10 and 15 model engines?  Can anyone identify what thread size are the 2mm x 20mm bolts that secure the cylinder head?
Russell
Russell

Back to top Go down

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Empty Re: Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts?

Post  Marleysky Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:19 pm

Hey.....WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

We do cover a large range of manufacturers and engines. Did a Quick search of Allen Mercury:

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Scree144

and here: http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/A-M%2010.html

This one Indicates they used "7BA" screws to secure the heads (Metric is a four letter word)

http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/A-M%2010%20%282%29.html

Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Empty Re: Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts?

Post  ffkiwi Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:48 pm

First thing you need to understand-these engines have been out of production for decades-50 years in the case of the original Allen-Mercury manufactured AM 10 and 15....so spares are long gone. Two subsequent manufacturers have also been and gone by the early 90s-Forest Engineering and Premier Plastics...and the last versions were not the same as the original Allen Mercury units-so few if any parts are interchangeable. There is a guy in the UK-Mike Crisp-trading as 'popular1956' on Ebay who does replica NVAs for the A-M range (and for a host of other older engines as well) but that's about as far as it goes as regards 'spares'. Your only alternative option is cannibalisation of an existing motor-and I have to say that the early AMs do not have a good reputation for longevity-especially in the piston/liner area.-due largely to poor material choice for the liner-meehanite on meehanite is not a good combination. [this was altered in later versions]

I can confirm that the head screws for the AM 10 and 15 models are 7BA thread cheesehead types. Good luck finding some of those-but they do still exist. A random sample from one of my own examples shows 7/8" length-so not a standard size. in your shoes I'd track down some 1" length ones and be prepared to trim to length as required-for the obvious reason that you can always shorten one that's too long....the opposite situation however.....

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'

PS....one useful fact to remember-the AM 15 is simply a bored out AM10 (with blue rather than green anodising) to distinguish it from the 10-this means in practice that the entire bottom end-ie crankcase, crankshaft, backplate and fittings are the same for both engines-so you can fit a AM 10 top end to an AM 15 bottom and vice versa-which should help if you cannabilise.
PPS the crankshaft thread is 1BA
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Where to get Allen-Mercury AM-10 & AM-15 engine parts? Empty Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:07 am

Hi Russel,
Here in the UK model fixings may stock those sizes...
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down