Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Cox_ba12

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Empty
Live on Patrol

Latest: A little crispy but with..........

Go down

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Empty Latest: A little crispy but with..........

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:25 pm

a Golden Bee and a thin wall BB with a high compression head.  Going to try something a little different, reassemble as is then dust and clear coat.  May just have to clean the engines first.

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Ebay_c18
Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Goldbe10
Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Goldbe11

A trend in vintage automobile restorations to maintain an original finish.

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Chrysl10
Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... 1937_c10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Empty Re: Latest: A little crispy but with..........

Post  rdw777 Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:43 pm

I like that idea with the old CL planes… Capture the patina and keep the character…. Return to flying condition….Definitely polish up the engines…. Will highlight them nicely on the old airplanes….

I did one of the auto style finishes on a ‘47 Cleveland Roadmaster bike….Wasn’t much paint left …. Finished rusting bare metal with a salt, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar mix…. Buffed with fine steel wool…. Three coats boiled linseed oil… Three coats of auto wax…
Makes a nice chocolate brown base…..

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... 181a3910
Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Ceefe910

Going to do the same thing with the Marx truck one of these days….

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... 8ad83610
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Empty Re: Latest: A little crispy but with..........

Post  Ken Cook Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:13 pm

I'm also a fan of Fat Frank tires. I put a set of the white wall brown treads on my bike.  I just recently sold my Schwinn Cruiser 5 that I owned for almost 40 years.  Lately it was just sitting in the garage. I truly regret selling it as I enjoyed many rides on the boardwalk with it. It always attracted many people and questions.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:35 pm

Nice save on that Roadmaster rdw.  Another classic saved from the scrap pile.  

When my son was about 10 Ken I bought him a Schwinn Grey Ghost.  He rode it a lot and it got kicked around quite a bit.  After he went in the Navy I decided to restore it, sorta.  Not as attentive to detail as I should have been.  I pop riveted the fenders back on to the frames, removed the rust and painted the thing saving the Grey Ghost detail on the chain guard.  Didn't turn out too bad.  Gave it back to him and he sold it which surprised and disappointed me.  Unlike him as he has a tendency to keep family treasures.  

I have pictures but it's quicker to go to the internet.

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Grey_g10

Your cruiser 5 goes for big bucks today.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255409646228?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=255409646228&targetid=4581183927179146&

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Cruser10

Edit:  Found a picture of his son on it.  He reads this stuff so I hope that he's kicking himself right now.  He darn sure didn't need the money! I'm thinking I'm eventually going to get stuffed in a jar and stickered with a price tag at some future yard sale. Smile

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Scan_133
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:24 pm

I had a similar thing with my brother who is a year younger than me. Back in the 1970's I gave him a new Medallion .09 R/C in a clear plastic Cox case for his birthday. Later I found out he gave it away to a friend. Sad
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:18 pm

it took me a while to realize, when I give a gift? it is the receiver's choice on what to do with it.

however. .... I would tend to rethink what I give, depending on the outcome.

Once gave a pal some super rare Bassani expansion chambers for his vintage Yamaha. He sold them on eBay. Now? he gets neckties. Smile
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:48 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Nice save on that Roadmaster rdw.  Another classic saved from the scrap pile.  

I have pictures but it's quicker to go to the internet.

I'm thinking I'm eventually going to get stuffed in a jar and stickered with a price tag at some future yard sale.  Smile

That last line got to me..sorry.  "Bob in a Jar" Great for Shiny paint, chrome and bumpers!! Works hard so you don't have to.
You are on the internet.
Not only here, your train webpages, gunsites and Google. Someone picked up and added picture of you spray painting your Mustang. There were a few comments on the Overspray and one noted the fact " at least he's wearing a mask.
Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Scree161
Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... Scree162

Note: 953 Likes!! 105 Shares!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:12 pm

Now?  He gets neckties.  I love that Charles.  Smile

Bob in a jar, yeah I dreamed that line up all by myself.  Thought it hilarious.  Ashes to ashes.  

Mark loves that picture.  It has made every Mustang forum in the world.  Hey, that's my Dad he tells everybody.  I tell you, that Mustang turned out beautiful.  I just got lucky that day, must have been the cowboy boots I was wearing and all Marks rubbing out.  Mark is well known in the Mustang community and he has a memorabilia collection second to none.  More Marleysky hot iron action today.

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... P1013006

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... P1013004
Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... P1013005

And yes, you google some model airplane stuff and select "see all images", half of the pictures there on some models are mine or Kim's.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:43 pm

Makes sense. You guys post a lot of pictures. I have a Mustang to paint if you are feeling frisky Bob.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:59 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Makes sense. You guys post a lot of pictures. I have a Mustang to paint if you are feeling frisky Bob.

Smile.........I work cheap, but expenses - I would need round trip first class airfare, five star hotel accommodations, and at least one lobster dinner.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:46 am

First class tickets no problem, Finding a 5 star hotel and a single lobster in Oklahoma would be tricky. Laughing
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:28 am

Cribbs74 wrote:First class tickets no problem, Finding a 5 star hotel and a single lobster in Oklahoma would be tricky. Laughing

Same is true here in rural New Mexico. There isn't a place here where a colored T-shirt and flip-flops are not acceptable. sunny When I worked for the health service on the Navajo Reservation (30 miles from Gallup), the Native guys at work were telling me that they wanted to take me behind the Sagebrush Trading Post just outside the Res (no alcohol permitted on the Res - dry Fed land), and get me drunk as a skunk. Beers Laughing

I like your model, Bob:

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... P1013004

That is a classic. I had gotten one about same vintage, red and yellow with swept wings like a jet and an old Aurora or Wen-Mac engine with glow plug insert head. While I was away, the wife sold it at a garage sale, thinking it was useless and to clear the house. I told her that she didn't realize it was a historic collectable. No! Sad

I don't know about you folks, but I have always enjoyed a historic item restored reasonably close to what it was when it was new, and not in its patina state.

Latest:  A little crispy but with.......... 1947_n10
1947 Norman Timbs Special

There are just some limits to a patina look, if you know what I mean. Tired w/ Coffee Read Old Bugger Popcorn
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down