Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Cox_ba12

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by Kim Today at 3:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Empty
Live on Patrol

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils

Go down

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Empty A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils

Post  rsv1cox Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:54 pm

Got up early this morning beating the heat and got out the B&D hedge clippers and weed eater. Did the whole yard in less than two hours. Covered head to toe in boots hat and coveralls hoping to avoid the chiggers. (I'm ate up.) Didn't avoid the hornets, black and white devils, got me on the back of my neck, the only uncovered spot on my whole body. Later, dripping wet, took a shower.

Trash day tomorrow, gathered it up and wheeled it down to the main road and picked up the mail. Good stuff. Music, Robert's stencils and an engine.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013774
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013773
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013776
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013775

Turntable on loan from my Daughter-in-law. Reminds me of the early 70's when I played Mireille's albums while building model airplanes. None of the sound quality today but nice never-the-less.

Lost another one today, Olivia Newton-John gone at 72.

Thanks for the stencils Robert. More to come.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Empty Re: A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils

Post  Levent Suberk Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:46 pm

A song from her album

Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Empty Re: A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils

Post  rdw777 Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:35 pm

I bet that Wen Mac will experience some Berryman’s soon!!
Glad you got the stencils OK Thumbs Up
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm

You got some nice mail there!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:02 pm

Are the plastic wrapped records going to stay sealed for a collection, or do you still listen to them?
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:15 pm

NEW222 wrote:Are the plastic wrapped records going to stay sealed for a collection, or do you still listen to them?

They are in open sleeves Chancey, but if they were sealed I'd be ripping into them like a monkey on a cupcake. Smile The vinyl dealers that I buy from are very good about protecting their records.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 pm

rdw777 wrote:I bet that Wen Mac will experience some Berryman’s soon!!
Glad you got the stencils OK Thumbs Up

It didn't take long Robert.

30 minute soak, soapy water/clean water rinse but this time I added a final dust-off in some 91% alcohol.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Dscn0523

Nasty little begger that did not want to co-operate.  Would not break loose, a combination of frozen piston and starter.  A lot of heat, burned fingers and a lot of back and forth oiled rocking finally did it.

Badly bent needle and spring, tool marks, broken string pull starter, and clogged NVA and fuel tank did not make it easy.  A found in the garage glow plug is a non starter as it has an idle bar that interferes with the piston.  Got some new one's in the house.  

Spins freely now and even with a loose plug has compression.  It will run as is.

First one I have seen with this type pull string guide.  The engine on the right is quite unique, the pin right behind the prop serves to hold a rubber band for starting. Same wind clockwise procedure.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils S-l16021
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013782
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013783
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013784

Still work to do, remove the tool marks, rework the needles spring and install a proper glow plug and test.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:43 pm

The rest of that "good day." Won on ebay the same day as the other things arrived.

I did not include them at the time because it might imply to everybody that I'm a little nutz about this stuff, but seeings you all think I'm a little crazy anyway, here goes.

Another Wen Mac Corsair. Another bidder bid me right up to my one-time proxy bid. Ok, so this one is no bargain. I'll live with it. Confirms that the silver pilot of the other one is not a previous owner add-on and the gold stripes (that I removed from the first one) wern't either. Leaving them on this one. Missing a wheel and a broken elevator pivot (a simple repair) otherwise very nice. I will rob the wheel from the other Corsair and clean it up to spectactular. And it has the canopy!

The "Attack Helicopter" was a bargain. Cheaper than flea market. First day BIN and I jumped on it even though I'm not a fan. You do enough of these and you begin to recognize even from pictures never ran never fueled examples, and this one fit.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013790

The seller over-packed it, but I'm not complaining (they will get a packing atta-boy) but I felt like a surgeon removing dead skin, delicate as I did not want to damage one of those fragile rotor blades.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013792
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013791
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013793
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013794
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013795

Mark Boesen recomended the cement, excellent for gluing loose decals back onto plastic.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013796
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:25 pm

I do like those helicopters. Can't believe what they go for, being only a few cents worth of blow-molded plastic! Yourdoing good grabbing them on the cheap. Learning a lot from you and your Corsairs.

Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:18 am

Marleysky wrote:I do like those helicopters. Can't believe what they go for, being only a few cents worth of blow-molded plastic! Yourdoing good grabbing them on the cheap.  Learning a lot from you and your Corsairs.

Another reason I went a little bananas on that Corsair was because of the rather rare white three bladed propeller.  You just don't see them.  I have a single white standard prop but that's it.  Most are red.  I did find a NIB box of five last month.

I saved the foil gold tape I removed from the other one, but it is so stained I think I will paint it and keep this newer one as the original.  Motors locked up, it will come apart.

I'm not sure if it was factory applied or included in the box for the consumers to put on.  Looks like it may have been provided on a Scotch tape type dispenser.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013806
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013807

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013810
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013809
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013808

Still sorting a replacement canopy, made a buck out of pine.  Going to try again to make a clear one.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013811
A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils P1013812

Oh yes, another "Good Day find" buy was this throttled Wen-Mac .049 preserntly spending a seven day vacation in Baltiimore courtsey of the USPS.  

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Thrott11
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:46 am

Those wild blade Wen-Mac props have always been an attention getter, and your white one is definitely a first. Thumbs Up I remember those red props. My brother Harry's ones were black on his 1966 all chrome Corsair. I still have one or two of those among my modelling stuff after these 56 years.

Wide blade meant that the Wen-Mac .049 was a torque engine. It does not spin up quite as fast as Cox, but to give these marginal engines the power to pull those heavier RTF's gave these engines a ghost of a chance by putting out the thrust past the cowling.

I've got that odd ball shaped Testor's prop for their .049 Rotomatic with plastic tank mount.

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Lil_to10

A good day, Black & Decker, music, nasty engine, stencils Testor14

Peter Chinn in his engine article, http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/Testors%20McCoy%20.049%20Rotomatic.html, mentioned that it was well matched for the engine. The prop that he shows on the test engine may be a K&B prop.

Some engineer at Testors probably to mitigate the boredom working there, became very creative in the propeller design shape. (Speaking of boredom, I thought working with computer systems and automated structural specimen tests at Douglas Aircraft would be exciting. I found that such testing is one of the most boring jobs in the world. There is more excitement in watching grass grow. Doh! ) Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down