Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Old Glow heads Cox_ba12




Old Glow heads Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» K&B Torp Jr 035 glow plug(s)
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:55 am

» Scientific Gulfhawk
by duaneh Today at 1:21 am

» Sold out Cox .049 silencers for sale
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Roddie tears-down his recent bench-run engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:11 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:19 pm

» Does this book interest anyone?
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 3:47 pm

» Gut instinct
by Onelife Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm

» My Cox .049 reedy with a Galbreath head and Nelson plug
by F4D Phantom II Tue May 21, 2024 11:03 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Mon May 20, 2024 7:34 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Old Glow heads Empty
Live on Patrol


Old Glow heads

Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Old Glow heads

Post  Kurtok Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:47 pm

Howdy,
I'm looking to chrome plate a few glow heads for my Cox and Testors static display cars and naturally, I would rather do them on burnt-out heads. No reason to kill a survivor. Does anybody have a pile of these they're looking to get rid of?
Thanks
Kurt
Kurtok
Kurtok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

2023 Supporter

Posts : 15
Join date : 2022-12-22

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:24 am

Kurtok wrote:Howdy,
I'm looking to chrome plate a few glow heads for my Cox and Testors static display cars and naturally, I would rather do them on burnt-out heads. No reason to kill a survivor. Does anybody have a pile of these they're looking to get rid of?
Thanks
Kurt

You should be able to polish your aluminium heads to a chrome-like finish without the fuss, expense and toxicity of chrome plating.  Sure, the chrome won't tarnish, but polishing is a lot easier.

Sure, good idea to use non-functional heads for display models.  There'll be plenty out there I'm sure.  We hoarders tend to hang on to stuff like that just in case we can find a use for them one day.  
Good Idea
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 61
Location : Drouin, Victoria

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Glow heads

Post  Kurtok Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:06 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:
Kurtok wrote:Howdy,
I'm looking to chrome plate a few glow heads for my Cox and Testors static display cars and naturally, I would rather do them on burnt-out heads. No reason to kill a survivor. Does anybody have a pile of these they're looking to get rid of?
Thanks
Kurt

You should be able to polish your aluminium heads to a chrome-like finish without the fuss, expense and toxicity of chrome plating.  Sure, the chrome won't tarnish, but polishing is a lot easier.

Sure, good idea to use non-functional heads for display models.  There'll be plenty out there I'm sure.  We hoarders tend to hang on to stuff like that just in case we can find a use for them one day.  
Good Idea

When I posted this I thought I would get a million responses.
Kurtok
Kurtok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

2023 Supporter

Posts : 15
Join date : 2022-12-22

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  rsv1cox Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:21 pm

"When I posted this I thought I would get a million responses."

Well, you came up a little short. Smile

Don't give up yet, we are a generous bunch based on past experiences. You need to fill out your profile. Filling out custom forms is a pain.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 10666
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  getback Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:22 pm

I know right ! I may have a few ? What size are you looking for ?
Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Posts : 10173
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 66
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  getback Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:50 pm

so far 3 .049 bad i will look some more later
Smile
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Posts : 10173
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 66
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  Kurtok Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 pm

getback wrote:I know right ! I may have a few ? What size are you looking for ?
Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo

These are all for the 049 engines in the cars.

Thanks
Kurt
Kurtok
Kurtok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

2023 Supporter

Posts : 15
Join date : 2022-12-22

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  Admin Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:44 pm

I could move this to the For Sale/Wanted and turn this into a Wanted ad if you want. Might get a few more hits there.

_________________
-Jacob


Admin
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 6430
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville, Minnesota

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  balogh Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:22 am

I produced quite a number of blown COX heads over the years, before changing to Galbreath and Kamtechnik adaptors for my most frequently used 049 and 09 size COX engines, and have them stashed in one if my boxes. My location outside the US would make it difficult to ship them to you Kurtok, unless you also live in Europe, that I am not sure of..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Posts : 4757
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 65
Location : Budapest Hungary

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  HalfaDave Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:26 pm

Hi Kurt,

I am from near Toronto,Canada and have half a dozen old ones you can have.
They are pretty beat up.
Doubt worth chroming... unless you like that look....Smile
Cleaning baked on castor oil off , then chroming, is a big task.
I suggest new ones from Bernie here...
Will be cheaper by far, to chrome, and,
All of us here,
Like shiny cox engines...
With Respect,
Dave

HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 586
Join date : 2022-12-06
Location : Oakville, Ontario

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Old Glow heads

Post  Kurtok Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:39 pm

HalfaDave wrote:Hi Kurt,

I am from near Toronto,Canada and have half a dozen old ones you can have.
They are pretty beat up.
Doubt worth chroming... unless you like that look....Smile
Cleaning baked on castor oil off , then chroming, is a big task.
I suggest  new ones from Bernie here...
Will be cheaper by far, to chrome, and,
All of us here,
Like shiny cox engines...
With Respect,
Dave


Thank you all. I'm thinking I'll just go to Bernie for new ones and be done with it.
Thanks again
KK
Kurtok
Kurtok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

2023 Supporter

Posts : 15
Join date : 2022-12-22

Back to top Go down

Old Glow heads Empty Re: Old Glow heads

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum