Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Cox_ba12

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 7:43 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Empty Re: OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness

Post  Ken Cook Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:13 pm

I've been waiting for dope for almost a year. No thinner, no basic colors, I've received the same horse #$% e-mail from them for a year now telling me the material will be here in 2 weeks. I never received a e-mail stating were moving or we just can't get it. My son even spoke to the lady Becky two months ago who said it would be here in a week. Don't mislead people, tell them the truth. I was finally able to borrow some from one of my club members.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Empty Re: OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:27 pm

Good possibility that Becky wasn't sure she'd have a job tomorrow. When employees can't seem to shoot straight with the customer tells me something else may be going on.

Can't say, but wondering if they will become similar to Hobby King. Mostly ARF's and kits manufactured by others, parts and components from others, but to their specifications. They are then just a distributor.

This is just speculation reading between lines. When Great Planes (formerly Bridi) took over Carl Goldberg, they were distributing some of the kits and mostly ARF's. Rest of the products, like building accessories, half-A kits, and the slower moving larger kits fell into oblivion, especially those that competed with their line-up. Now, Great Planes is gone along with Goldberg.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:34 am

When you have a loyal customer base, this isn't how you treat them. It's one thing to wait a few weeks, it's another to wait almost a year and be strung along doing so. I'm not the only individual who's experienced this. It's seemingly becoming the norm nowadays with multiple excuses. It's a simple yes or no.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:10 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:Good possibility that Becky wasn't sure she'd have a job tomorrow. When employees can't seem to shoot straight with the customer tells me something else may be going on.
Can't say, but wondering if they will become similar to Hobby King. Mostly ARF's and kits manufactured by others, parts and components from others, but to their specifications. They are then just a distributor.

Montezuma lists a population around 1450. If SIG is planning a move of some distance, I would guess that most of their employees are long time locals and would have no interest in leaving their hometown. I certainly wouldn't, but I'm a old stick in the mud.

Finding new employees to stuff boxes with items from an existing inventory should not be too difficult; locating new folks with experience in manufacturing the wide range of products that SIG was known for is a whole 'nother ballgame, especially in kit manufacturing and soft wood processing.

Ken Cook wrote:When you have a loyal customer base, this isn't how you treat them. It's one thing to wait a few weeks, it's another to wait almost a year and be strung along doing so. I'm not the only individual who's experienced this. It's seemingly becoming the norm nowadays with multiple excuses. It's a simple yes or no.

Totally agree! There are several things I would like to order, but if you can't get a straight answer on the phone, I've been reluctant to place an order. SIG and Lone Star Balsa were my two primary balsa sources; sadly, one of out of business and the other seems headed that way.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:37 pm

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Sig_or13

I ordered this merchandise via Sig's website on 2/20/23 It was shipped on 2/21/23 and I received it (USPS) on 2/24/23 from Sig Mfg. Co. Inc. 401 S. Front St. Montezuma, IA 50171-1161.

Incidentally.. the elec. motors were on clearance for $2.24 ea. (USD)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:46 pm

That is interesting, Roddie. Looks like if in stock, they ship, avoid their paints and adhesives, keep your order small enough until the dust finally settles and things are rolling smoothly with the new owners.

Thanks for replying. Thumbs Up
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Empty control-horn bushing...

Post  roddie Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:47 pm

.062" dia. spring-steel/music-wire pushrod.. spring-type whl. retainers to fit the .062" wire (landing-gear wire size/Goldberg 1/2A CL kits) and a "Hobbitz" brass flatwasher. This is indicative of OCD...  

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 Pushro13

I'm currently working on ways to save weight.... without compromising the design.. but even the sm. Dubro (1/2A) control horns have .063" bores in their points of pushrod/clevis-connections.

A bit "overkill" for 1/2A... but they're all I've used for decades. It's the .062" wire that's the killer.. Laughing Yea... I know it.. so I'm going to work on a lighter-weight pushrod. for my next project requiring one.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:24 am

There is a small museum in Chicago that is trying to remember companies that started in Chicago.
Here is a history of Goldberg's company from them:

https://www.madeinchicagomuseum.com/single-post/carl-goldberg-models/

The one they missed is Midway Models Products as I gave them some information on the company.
You can't get them all that have come and gone?

As for SIG doing business with a "newer" company in the suburbs of Chicago, I'm not sure, but I did get a flier in the mail last year about a company that just recently showed up.

Value Hobby
https://valuehobby.com/About-Us_ep_7.html

It gave information that the business only does purchases from their website but do take walk-ins.

I don't know how they got my information?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:06 am

Thanks for sharing. I checked the Value Hobby site. Two models interested me, the pusher Condor and the Edge.

OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 31_con10
OCD TV-a pictorial of modeling madness - Page 2 32_edg10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:22 am

I had the Value Hobby pop up on me and went to ck. it out , got some pretty good prices , but nothing I can live with out right now . Did book mark . Have read the Goldberg, it was good Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  gkamysz Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:14 pm

sosam117 wrote:
As for SIG doing business with a "newer" company in the suburbs of Chicago, I'm not sure, but I did get a flier in the mail last year about a company that just recently showed up.

Value Hobby
https://valuehobby.com/About-Us_ep_7.html

It gave information that the business only does purchases from their website but do take walk-ins.

I don't know how they got my information?

Sig is registered in IL as a business. The name associated with it appears to live not far from me, but I've don't know him to be active in the clubs here.

Several club members have used Value hobby and are happy with them and the products. There is no store front, basically a will call pickup.

There is also Gator-RC and associated companies which seems to be near me, but nobody seems to have heard of them in the club. I only stumbled upon them searching for batteries a while back.

Greg
gkamysz
gkamysz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:29 am

These people have a pretty good selection of batteries and have been very good in my experience  https://power.tenergy.com/? RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2