Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Cox_ba12

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:35 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 7:47 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Empty
Live on Patrol

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package

Go down

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Empty United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package

Post  sosam117 Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:26 am

Sunday (10/08/2023) I purchased a nice old Enya .08 engine from a guy in Indianapolis Indiana.

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Enya_223

It is slightly used with some of the usual wear and tear on it (plier marks and such), along with a missing prop washer.
And included is an engine mount and a small Dubro fuel tank for $78.00 (plus shipping).

Brian dropped it off at the post office late Monday afternoon (10/09/2323) and he sent me the tracking number.

It was to be at my house in only a couple of days.
I looked up the tracking number to see where my engine could be at?

Well, the package got its shipping label Oct. 10,2023 in Indianapolis Indiana.
Next it went onto Palm Harbor Florida ------ WHY?

I live about 4 and 1/2 hours from Indianapolis just a little southwest of Chicago.
It should have been shipped in a truck from Indy to Chicago?

But no, my engine got a plane ride to Floridia, then a plane ride to Chicago then it will go by truck to Downers Grove which then will be trucked to my local post office to then be sorted and into the local postal truck to be delivered to my house.

And I wonder why the mail takes so long or gets lost ---- who is now running the Postal Service?

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Usps_t10

I was supposed to have gotten it yesterday but now it says I'll get it tomorrow, maybe/maybe not?
I'm guessing I'll get it Monday Oct. 16,2023
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Empty Re: United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:24 pm

Machine sorting error.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Empty Re: United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package

Post  Admin Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:20 pm

That happened to me before, I watched my package go from like California to Illinois to Pennsylvania, then back to Illinois and finally to Minneapolis.

Must've been a sorting error, maybe a smudged bar code.

I've had packages bounce back and forth from one sorting facility to another in the same state several times over. Wondering it it'll ever get out of that loop.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:30 pm

Disturbing isn't it! It's happened to me more than once.

Interesting Enya .08, I haven't seen that intake before. Gasket looks home-made. A report when you get it would be appreciated.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:20 am

rsv1cox wrote:Disturbing isn't it!  It's happened to me more than once.  

Interesting Enya .08, I haven't seen that intake before.  Gasket looks home-made.  A report when you get it would be appreciated.

Bob

Hi Bob,
The intake is for U-control as you don't need to throttle the engine.

The gasket is original as the gasket is oversized to fit the entire face on the crankcase if you to use the throttle control for R/C.
With the U-control venturi it is slightly smaller on the crankcase and the front of the gasket is not covering the entire surface so what happens is the gasket in the front is not covered and it bows up like you see in the photo.
I usually us an X-acto knife and cut that part of the gasket off after I have mounted the U-control venturi to the engine.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:47 pm

Well, my Enya .08 "S" (U-control) engine arrived on Monday Oct.16,2023 late in the afternoon's mail!

What I have gathered from the shipping is that the seller went to the post office on Monday Oct. 9th and that being a Holiday (Columbus Day) the post office was closed, but the seller used the kiosk in the forum and paid and printed the label then dropped the package into one of the drop off bins.
So, the engine sat in the bin until the next day (Oct. 10th) to where it was then finally sorted.

Now, the next interesting thing is that of the shipping box, and maybe why it had a nice trip from Indianapolis to Florida then to Chicago and then finally to me.

Below are the photos of the shipping box that the motor came in.
When I first saw this box in my mailbox, I was wondering what the heck is it?

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package 001_bo10
United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package 002_bo10
United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package 003_bo10
United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package 004_bo10
United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package 005_bo10

Fortunately, I looked at the shipper's address in the corner of the shipping label to see where it came from.

Well, I pulled the engine out and looked it over.
It was missing the prop washer, plier marks on the prop driver and on the glow head on the piston cylinder where it looked like he tried to remove the head?
And of course, it was gummed up, but the piston did move up and down --- though it was stiff.

So, I tore it completely down, carefully removed the plier marks from the prop driver, and the marks off the glow head where someone tried to remove the head, then sonic cleaned the engine (inside and out).

I then reassembled the engine using some "Turbine Oil" and a new back plate and venturi gaskets.

Now she looks as good as new!
A good-looking example of an Enya .08 Series #1 engine (now I just need to get an Enya box and the wrench to go with it and a copy of the engine instructions and she'll look as good as new! ----- Like -- Good as New Condition?)

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package 001_en36
United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package 002_en33

As for the venturi gasket. I have attached a photo of the difference between the U-control venturi and the R/C venturi.
You can see the difference on the base of the venturis that the U-control one has a small footprint compared to the R/C venturi.
That is why, in the photograph, with the U-Control venturi that there is much of the gasket not being covered on the crankcase.

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Ventur11

This problem was on the earlier Enya .049/.06/.08 and .10 "Series #1" U/control engines. ( with the "square" venturi intake)
Now on the later versions (Series #2) with the "round venturi intake. The base was made longer to match the same footprint as the R/C venturi.

Below is a photo of the Enya Series #2 engine with the newer U-Control intake ( notice it is also "round")
Another fine example of an Enya .08 Series #2 engine.

United States Postal Service ---- tracking my package Enya_224

One thing I have to add is how the exhaust ports line up (front to back) to where inside the cylinder sleeve, the transfer ports are not being covered up by the con rod. (like on a Cox engine which sometimes is as well.)
Thanks all for reading!
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:58 pm

Well travelled Mike. Too many UPC's?

Nice recovery, beautiful engine.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:38 pm

All packages should get passport stamps wherever they go......
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:59 am

NEW222 wrote:All packages should get passport stamps wherever they go......

First time I ever got a box like that for shipping?
Talk about recycling packaging.
He could have gotten a "free" shipping box at the post office as it did/was coming express mail?

Anyway, the engine did make it and it was in "fair" condition.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down