Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Cox_ba12




Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie tears-down his recent bench-run engine
by roddie Today at 6:52 pm

» Gut instinct
by Onelife Today at 5:39 pm

» Scientific Gulfhawk
by duaneh Today at 5:02 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by rdw777 Today at 4:23 pm

» My Cox .049 reedy with a Galbreath head and Nelson plug
by F4D Phantom II Today at 11:03 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by crankbndr Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Yesterday at 7:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Yesterday at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol


Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Not trying to sound macho or anything but, those short lines really weren't all that bad. I was a little dizzy upon completion but, I didn't fall down. 35' will be real nice!

I am stuck here at work.....I wanna do it again right now.
Just go down to 4' lines and stand on the bed in the hotel.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  SuperDave Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 pm



"I am stuck here at work.....I wanna do it again right now."[/quote]

WORK IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (But someone has to do it) tongue
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:23 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:Not trying to sound macho or anything but, those short lines really weren't all that bad. I was a little dizzy upon completion but, I didn't fall down. 35' will be real nice!

I am stuck here at work.....I wanna do it again right now.
Just go down to 4' lines and stand on the bed in the hotel.

lol!

Not in the hotel at the moment. I wonder if I can get away with doing it on the overrun here at Will Rogers.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:30 pm

cribbs74 wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:Not trying to sound macho or anything but, those short lines really weren't all that bad. I was a little dizzy upon completion but, I didn't fall down. 35' will be real nice!

I am stuck here at work.....I wanna do it again right now.
Just go down to 4' lines and stand on the bed in the hotel.

lol!

Not in the hotel at the moment. I wonder if I can get away with doing it on the overrun here at Will Rogers.
Y.O.L.O
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Kim Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Yo Ron,
Once you're back home, you might consider using a piece of foam insulation for your runway. It's real light, and can be held in place by some wire tent stakes. For a stooge, I use a piece of pegboard, with a pin and old R/C nose gear block to release the plane. This is also secured with wire tent stakes.

When I fly in my front yard, I just lay the edge of the pegboard over the edge of the foam, and that usually gives my planes enough runway. Even my RTF PT-19 can use it if I prop up the end to give it a "cliff" to jump from!

A slab of this stuff costs a few bucks, but will last a long time, and only gains "character" as the occasional prop strikes take their toll !


Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 2_107

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 3_89
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 8538
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I used a piece of carpet, roll it up, roll it out, used the bottom side.


Last edited by Mark Boesen on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 65
Location : Rockford, Il

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  lousyflyer Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:13 pm

BRAVO!!
lousyflyer
lousyflyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 342
Join date : 2012-06-25
Age : 64
Location : Garden City Ga

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:16 pm

lousyflyer wrote:BRAVO!!

Thank you! I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I am having. Wooooooooooo Hoo!!!!!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:18 pm

BTW both good ideas Mark an Kim.

I trashed all my old carpet but that peg board stooge may just be the ticket
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Alright, Ron, great flight. That's a pretty quick plane, good job hanging on. We'll have you doing tricks in no time.

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:23 pm

cribbs74 wrote:BTW both good ideas Mark an Kim.

I trashed all my old carpet but that peg board stooge may just be the ticket
That plane ought to fly out of my bath mat contraption. The rubber liner goes on the inside to grip the wing.

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:32 pm

RknRusty wrote:Alright, Ron, great flight. That's a pretty quick plane, good job hanging on. We'll have you doing tricks in no time.


Yeah that little bee spins up pretty good. I don't think I have enough elevator throw to do anything but ups and downs.

It might be quick as I am on short lines......
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 pm

cribbs74 wrote:
RknRusty wrote:Alright, Ron, great flight. That's a pretty quick plane, good job hanging on. We'll have you doing tricks in no time.


Yeah that little bee spins up pretty good. I don't think I have enough elevator throw to do anything but ups and downs.

It might be quick as I am on short lines......
Not a lot of wing on that plane either, but I'm betting you'll be moving on to something more aerobatic soon. I've never flown RC so I can't compare the fun factor, but I can say CL is good inexpensive entertainment. You have to use your whole body to fly the little demons. The more you fly, the more you'll switch from stiff-arm to wrist control. That'll allow you to get wilder with them as you get the feel of it.

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:02 pm

RknRusty wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:
RknRusty wrote:Alright, Ron, great flight. That's a pretty quick plane, good job hanging on. We'll have you doing tricks in no time.


Yeah that little bee spins up pretty good. I don't think I have enough elevator throw to do anything but ups and downs.

It might be quick as I am on short lines......
Not a lot of wing on that plane either, but I'm betting you'll be moving on to something more aerobatic soon. I've never flown RC so I can't compare the fun factor, but I can say CL is good inexpensive entertainment. You have to use your whole body to fly the little demons. The more you fly, the more you'll switch from stiff-arm to wrist control. That'll allow you to get wilder with them as you get the feel of it.

Yeah.... Still want a Bean! John Brodak says they will be released by the end of the month. He also will email me when they show up.

I still have My Jr. Satan kit but, I think I am a long way from being able to handle that. Indra is sending me a kit soon too Very Happy
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Admin Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Great video!

You want an avatar of it? LOL, had a little free time
Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Plane10

_________________
-Jacob


Admin
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 6430
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville, Minnesota

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Admin wrote:Great video!

You want an avatar of it? LOL, had a little free time
Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Plane10

Sure thanks!

You're going to have to do it for me as I have no clue how to do that on my Iphone.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Admin Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:15 pm

cribbs74 wrote:
Admin wrote:Great video!

You want an avatar of it? LOL, had a little free time
Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Plane10

Sure thanks!

You're going to have to do it for me as I have no clue how to do that on my Iphone.

no problem

_________________
-Jacob


Admin
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 6430
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville, Minnesota

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Admin wrote:Great video!

You want an avatar of it? LOL, had a little free time
Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Plane10

Lol, watching my little girl run off in the background, she is pretty brave. Tolerant too. She finds the whole ordeal boring.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Admin Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 pm

cribbs74 wrote:

Lol, watching my little girl run off in the background, she is pretty brave. Tolerant too. She finds the whole ordeal boring.

lol!

_________________
-Jacob


Admin
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 6430
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville, Minnesota

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:11 am

Hi Ron, congrats! It doesn't look that bad on 17' lines, it looks like about 4 sec. laps, you'll love the longer lines.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 65
Location : Rockford, Il

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:19 am


I can't view this video for some reason, keep getting "Can't find page"

ideas, anybody?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:32 am

Ivanhoe wrote:

I can't view this video for some reason, keep getting "Can't find page"

ideas, anybody?
It's a mobile link, lemme fix that.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:35 am

nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:12 am

Sorry about that Wilf,

I am not very tech savvy Laughing

I also apologize for the screen flipping sideways part way through the video. My wife flipped my phone for a more panoramic view. Probably works great on a smartphone but, if you have a PC then you have to pretend you hadn't had your V8.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum