Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

And so, I find myself in Valhalla Cox_ba12

And so, I find myself in Valhalla Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Simple Gliders
by getback Today at 7:13 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by getback Today at 6:24 am

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by getback Today at 6:23 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

And so, I find myself in Valhalla Empty
Live on Patrol

And so, I find myself in Valhalla

Go down

And so, I find myself in Valhalla Empty And so, I find myself in Valhalla

Post  Kim Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Yes, I can die now...for in one day, in one hour, I find myself seated in one, then another of the most fantastic aircraft ever to scatter Cessna's and Pipers with their propwash! I didn't get to fly in them...but it still made my year!

This may not be a big deal to anyone else, but I've dreamed about these planes, and just sitting in them made me light-headed. A few years ago, I very nearly paid $3000 for an orientation ride in "Crazy Horse", a '51 owned by Stallion 51 Aviation in Kissimmee, Florida ( http://www.stallion51.com/ ). I bought a Barrett rifle instead, but STILL don't know if it was worth NOT getting a half an hour in the Mustang!

ANYWAY (stay on course , Kim) here are some photos from this afternoon, as my friend and I went poking around airports in the Indianapolis area.

Gentlemen, I present...The Grumman F8F "Bearcat" !

And so, I find myself in Valhalla 1_18

And so, I find myself in Valhalla 5_11

AND...The North American P-51D "Mustang" !!!!!!!!!!!!

And so, I find myself in Valhalla 3_15

And so, I find myself in Valhalla 4_14

Once again...maybe not a big deal to some, but figured you guys would be most likely to understand!

Now, to go buy a batch of lottery tickets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

And so, I find myself in Valhalla Empty Re: And so, I find myself in Valhalla

Post  nitroairplane Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm jealous kim those planes are lovely.
What barett?
is it .50 cal?
those are some very very nice planes i wish i was there but i dont want to fly in them i pref er watching my planes fly from the ground.
Flying a Plane
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ideeman1994 Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:04 pm

I just love the sound of those engines... Damn a 12cyl P-51 engine, never heard anything like this before!
ideeman1994
ideeman1994
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cox-engines/152837594815

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:07 pm

ideeman1994 wrote:I just love the sound of those engines... Damn a 12cyl P-51 engine, never heard anything like this before!

Yes the sounds are something i like the sorties sound Merlin V12 omg I'm
Drooling but the lanc with 4 V12 engines sounds best.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:21 pm

As a kid, the TWO airplanes that always made the Reno Air Races THE AIR RACES...the Mustang and Bearcat. I watched them fly at dozens of airshows, but out of respect, never requested taking a seat in them. This worked out great, and totally by accident, when I was introduced to their maintenance manager, and asked if I'd like to take a seat in them.

OK...I'm pretty weird, but thought I was gonna pass out just climbing up the kick-steps of the Bearcat (It IS my favorite of the two, but shhh!..don't tell the Mustang!).

What an unapologetic MAN-PLANE !!!!! There are NO FRILLS...nothing is there that doesn't have to be there...this is a flying weapon!

So yes, Kim has had a good afternoon !

The Barrett that beat out Crazy Horse is my M-99...a single shot .50 BMG bolt rifle, named "Mother of God", with the same hard practicality as the Bearcat.

My other Barrett is an M-82A1...semi-auto, magazine-fed, .50 BMG , named "Thunder Magic" that can launch 750 grain rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKiELAanNRA

They are both works of art as far as I'm concerned...and works of the devil to others !

You ever get to the states, we'll have a "Gun Day" and I'll put you behind that dog!

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:21 pm

ideeman1994 wrote:I just love the sound of those engines... Damn a 12cyl P-51 engine, never heard anything like this before!

OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Growling Heaven!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Kim:

If you find yourself in Valhalla watch out for the Valkaries! Wild women!
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:07 pm

AND...the really nice ones will go get your camera so you don't have to climb out of the Bearcat and get it yourself!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  jetpack Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:13 pm

I like this guy

Merlin Startup

Airframes are nice but thunderboats work these engines. I love them in hydroplanes.

Merlin Hydro Startup
jetpack
jetpack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 am

Kim wrote:As a kid, the TWO airplanes that always made the Reno Air Races THE AIR RACES...the Mustang and Bearcat. I watched them fly at dozens of airshows, but out of respect, never requested taking a seat in them. This worked out great, and totally by accident, when I was introduced to their maintenance manager, and asked if I'd like to take a seat in them.

OK...I'm pretty weird, but thought I was gonna pass out just climbing up the kick-steps of the Bearcat (It IS my favorite of the two, but shhh!..don't tell the Mustang!).

What an unapologetic MAN-PLANE !!!!! There are NO FRILLS...nothing is there that doesn't have to be there...this is a flying weapon!

Thank you so much for your kind offer the m82 is my favourite Barret design and in my top 10 favpurite gun designs ever the top of my list is the L96a1 I even purchased an airsoft version of it I like rifles a lot but haven't fired 1 in years.

The Barrett that beat out Crazy Horse is my M-99...a single shot .50 BMG bolt rifle, named "Mother of God", with the same hard practicality as the Bearcat.

My other Barrett is an M-82A1...semi-auto, magazine-fed, .50 BMG , named "Thunder Magic" that can launch 750 grain rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger.

They are both works of art as far as I'm concerned...and works of the devil to others !

You ever get to the states, we'll have a "Gun Day" and I'll put you behind that dog!

nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:35 am

nitroairplane wrote:
Kim wrote:As a kid, the TWO airplanes that always made the Reno Air Races THE AIR RACES...the Mustang and Bearcat. I watched them fly at dozens of airshows, but out of respect, never requested taking a seat in them. This worked out great, and totally by accident, when I was introduced to their maintenance manager, and asked if I'd like to take a seat in them.

Sorry my last post must be broken.
Kim the m82 is my favourite barrett gun design my favourite all time gun design is the l96a1 I like it to the extent that I purchased an airsoft version I love the thumbhole stock.
I haven't fired a real firearm for ages.
Just paintball,airsoft and bb guns.
Actually going paintalballing next week.

Thank you so much for your kind offer the m82 is my favourite Barret design and in my top 10 favpurite gun designs ever the top of my list is the L96a1 I even purchased an airsoft version of it I like rifles a lot but haven't fired 1 in years.

nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Yeah,
I'm extremely lucky in being able to do the things I enjoy with the great and somewhat crazy people I call my friends. We're planning a "Halloween Gunday", I'm really looking forward to disassembling a few major appliances!

And so, I find myself in Valhalla 8_11
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Great pic! Love that muzzle flash! It beats the daylights out of anything I shoot.

Is that a "lucky rabbit's foot" hanging from it? If so, did you use that big .50 cal bruiser to bag the lucky rabbit.

You've got some really great toys. Enjoy them.

Bob
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 pm

WOW!!!

andrew
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah, I got Rabbit's Foot charms for both Barretts...always get a laugh when I say that setting off 210 grains of gunpowder, 2-3 inches from your cheek, makes you want to feel as lucky as possible!

Haven't ever fired the Barretts at live game as I'm mostly a target shooter. Did go out to western Kansas on a prairie dog shoot using AR-15's, but my shooting pals had to back out at the last minute, and I ended up going alone. Wasn't as much fun by myself, but worth the trip...just didn't have anyone to crow at when I'd make a long shot.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Kim wrote:Yeah,
I'm extremely lucky in being able to do the things I enjoy with the great and somewhat crazy people I call my friends. We're planning a "Halloween Gunday", I'm really looking forward to disassembling a few major appliances!

And so, I find myself in Valhalla 8_11

Set a few pumpkins free with tannerite targets,,always litterally a blast,, Made a bowling ball vaporize with a 1/2 lb charge and my Savage 22-250 last spring. Nothing left of the bowling ball,,it vaporized.

Really cool pics of the planes. Always like the cadillac of the sky (p-51).
A quick clip of yours truly tuning up my swap meet P-47 Thunderbolt, boring vid, click at your own cost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-MuZgr6fic
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 am

As i meant to say in my first posts but I broke them:
Kim thank you for that kind offer the M82a1 is my favourite Barrett design and my second favourite ever rifle design my favourite being the L96a1 I love that so much that i went out and bought an airsoft version of it LOL
I havent shot a real firearm in years just paintball air rifles etc actually i'm going paintballing next week and i'll try and get a video.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down