Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Gadafi is dead!!! Cox_ba12




Gadafi is dead!!! Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Gut instinct
by Onelife Today at 5:39 pm

» Scientific Gulfhawk
by duaneh Today at 5:02 pm

» Roddie tears-down his recent bench-run engine
by rdw777 Today at 4:46 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by rdw777 Today at 4:23 pm

» My Cox .049 reedy with a Galbreath head and Nelson plug
by F4D Phantom II Today at 11:03 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by crankbndr Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Yesterday at 7:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Yesterday at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Gadafi is dead!!! Empty
Live on Patrol


Gadafi is dead!!!

Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Well if you havent heard read the title.
well what next for Libya?
Whats your take on this latest development in North Africa?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  SuperDave Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Libya will now most likely become enbroiled in counter-revlotion pitting the revolutioaries against the factionary elements within the country as none have particular plan as to running the a government.

George Orwell's "Animal Farm" (1936) tells of a simalr situation when the animals throw out the oppresive farmer. Once he's gone, chaos reigns as it will in Libya.


Last edited by SuperDave on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:54 pm

SuperDave wrote:Libya will now most likely become enbroiled in counter-revlotion pitting the revolutioaries against the factionary elements within the country as none have particular plan as to running the a government.

George Orwell's "Animal Farm" (1936) tells of a simalr situation when the animals throw out the oppresive farmer. Once he's gone, choas reigns as it will in Libya.

Lets just hope it doesn't go down the same road as Somalia or at least not as far down that.
Yes notice a pattern here?
Me and you keep bringing up animal farm Huh... Huh... Huh...
Maybe thats telling us something Huh... Huh... Huh...
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  SuperDave Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Yes, AF is telling us something even if in parable forum.

Once a "revolution" ocurrs, chaos prevails until cooler heads prevail.

The Unied States was very fortunate in that regard in our revolution separating us from England. George Washington was a leader in the Revolutionary Army but also attracted a dedicated following which put together a form of government in very short order.

Given the volitility of Libya I don't suspect that will happen. Do you? If so, why?

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:25 pm

SuperDave wrote:Yes, AF is telling us something even if in parable forum.

Once a "revolution" ocurrs, chaos prevails until cooler heads prevail.

The Unied States was very fortunate in that regard in our revolution separating us from England. George Washington was a leader in the Revolutionary Army but also attracted a dedicated following which put together a form of government in very short order.

Given the volitility of Libya I don't suspect that will happen. Do you? If so, why?


As we speak i am watching a documentary about this subject.
Well the "rebels" say they hope for democratic elections within the next 2 years.
But if they keep being reffered to as rebels this wont happened they need to now be considered revolutionaries or politicians.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  SuperDave Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Nitro:

"If wishes were horses beggers would ride." Think about that in the context of the Libian Revolution and the free promised elections.

Ain't gunna happen, IMO.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  PV Pilot Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:15 pm

A little revolution is a good thing every now and again,,it makes people realize what they really need or are lacking of.

Quadaffy was a terrorist, not a big loss there.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 57
Location : The ragged end of the Universe.

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  nitroairplane Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:50 am

PV Pilot wrote:A little revolution is a good thing every now and again,,it makes people realize what they really need or are lacking of.

Quadaffy was a terrorist, not a big loss there.

Every time we get an election over here a little revolution happens then we realise it was just as bad as before.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  SuperDave Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 am

Ever wonder why some Iraqi's are still bitter about the execution of Saddam?

Hmmmmmmmm..............

But remeber Iraq is in the Middle East where things seldom make sense to the western world.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  PV Pilot Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:55 am

SuperDave wrote:Ever wonder why some Iraqi's are still bitter about the execution of Saddam?

.

Because they had all been institutionalized for so long, they didn't know any better. All of them caught up in the dreary dream that Saddam was god.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 57
Location : The ragged end of the Universe.

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  SuperDave Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:25 am

PV Pilot wrote:
SuperDave wrote:Ever wonder why some Iraqi's are still bitter about the execution of Saddam?

.

Because they had all been institutionalized for so long, they didn't know any better. All of them caught up in the dreary dream that Saddam was god.

Further Iraq is deeply divided by tribal loyalites and religious differences between Shiite (sic) and Sunni factions.

The Shiite Milita as pledged to attack US advisors that remain after American occupation forces leave. Iraqi Prime Minister Malaki is no gem either as he refuses to grant immunity the Americans POW's held prisoner by Iraq. He won't even present the idea to the Iraq Parliament for approval.

I'm waiting for Malaki to ask for a bribe.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:36 am

SuperDave wrote:
PV Pilot wrote:
SuperDave wrote:Ever wonder why some Iraqi's are still bitter about the execution of Saddam?

.

Because they had all been institutionalized for so long, they didn't know any better. All of them caught up in the dreary dream that Saddam was god.

Further Iraq is deeply divided by tribal loyalites and religious differences between Shiite (sic) and Sunni factions.

The Shiite Milita as pledged to attack US advisors that remain after American occupation forces leave. Iraqi Prime Minister Malaki is no gem either as he refuses to grant immunity the Americans POW's held prisoner by Iraq. He won't even present the idea to the Iraq Parliament for approval.

I'm waiting for Malaki to ask for a bribe.

I think things are bad but when ever us (the west) go in the situation gets a lot worse.
Thoughts?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Gadafi is dead!!! Empty Re: Gadafi is dead!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum