Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Airshow Posters Cox_ba12

Airshow Posters Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Today at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Today at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Today at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Today at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Today at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Today at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Airshow Posters Empty
Live on Patrol

Airshow Posters

Go down

Airshow Posters Empty Airshow Posters

Post  Kim Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 am

Just a thought: As I assault the considerable pile of stuff that has accumulated in my storage building, I'm finding more and more posters from our local airport's Airshows. There ALWAYS seems to be a bunch of left un-used after each show. I'm a shameless scavenger, and over the years have detoured many of them from the recycler. They range from "Bulletin Board" notes to full size, and are in pretty good shape.

I've used their backside for drawing plans, gun-range targets, and even stuck some to the walls of my shop. It would be a shame to just chuck them, but I GOTS to make me some room! If any of you guys would like some, I'll send them to you at cost. I'm gonna swing by the Post Office today, and see if they've got a standard fee/mailing tube...haven't done this very much...but will try to get some numbers...

I'll be posting photo's of them here as my archeological efforts continue. If I suddenly stop posting, please PM Stewardess Susie (flygirl) and tell her I MAY have been taken out by a Brown Recluse!!! At least this cool air slows them down a bit...

Indiana Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Airshow Posters Empty Re: Airshow Posters

Post  pkrankow Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:18 am

Play safe. Brooms chase those silly spiders all over quite easily.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:18 am

Lock the doors and bug bomb the place Kim.

I have more than my share of brown recluse in my shop. If I leave anything sit for a day there is bound to be a recluse under it when I pick it up. I have been wanting to bomb my shop, but the Lizards and the baby chicks negate me from doing it.

For now we just co-exist. I do spray from time to time just to show em it's still my shop!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:22 am

Livin'it !!! It a constant battle...even through the winter, with spiders and wasps. I even get wasp stings in February as they cruise around on low power, tag me, then go on their way.

Got a small shop vac with a long tube that dispatches them nicely tho...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm not afraid of black widows, I think tales of their bite are somewhat inflated. But the brown recluse is another story. We don't have many here and I'm not sure I've ever seen one. My sister got a bad bite from one when she lived in Texas. It caused some necrosis and took a long time to heal. I don't want no dang necrosis.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Widows are pretty reclusive in their own right. I see them under things mostly and in corners under the eaves. I too believe the bite is not that bad at least not for adults. I have shown them to my kids so they know to keep away.

Recluse on the other hand are prolific here.  The bite reaction varies from person to person. I have yet to get nailed, but as thick as they are in my shop it's bound to happen. In fact I just squashed one not 20 mins ago. He was hiding under a piece of ply that I needed to use. I don't really care as long as it's not on my face. On the other hand you can't wreck ugly lol!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Airshow Posters Empty re: brown recluse

Post  happydad Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Widows are pretty reclusive in their own right. I see them under things mostly and in corners under the eaves. I too believe the bite is not that bad at least not for adults. I have shown them to my kids so they know to keep away.

Recluse on the other hand are prolific here.  The bite reaction varies from person to person. I have yet to get nailed, but as thick as they are in my shop it's bound to happen. In fact I just squashed one not 20 mins ago. He was hiding under a piece of ply that I needed to use.  I don't really care as long as it's not on my face. On the other hand you can't wreck ugly lol!
I was bitten by a brown recluse spider while unemployed in the early 1990's. Fortunately I new a nurse and she gave me some antibiotics to use. Where the bite was, on the inside of my wrist, the skin became necrotic, (dead), and I became really worried. After all these years it is hard to see the 1/2inch diameter area where it happened. If you are bitten you need to see a doctor right a way. Some people have severe reactions to the spider toxin and can have much greater skin loss than I did.
 When I was much, much younger I was bitten by a black widow spider and the top of my hand turned black.   I'm just saying ...

happydad

RC Plane Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:05 am

My only experience with Black Widows (luckily a non-bite situation) was in a cabin in the KOA at Estes Park, Colorado.  I'd been out on the bike, cruising the Trail Ridge, came back and flopped on the bed, intending to take a nap.  Idly staring up at the underside on the adjacent bunk-bed, I spotted several of them, nestled in each corner of the bedframe.

I suddenly found a BUNCH of energy and went on a spider expedition, but didn't find any more.  The owner didn't seem too concerned when I told her about these little suckers, and it took a bit for me to settle down that evening.  More psych than anything, and none showed up for the rest of my time there.

There are others out here on the hill, Wolf Spiders and some Big Brown monsters, that I'm tempted to capture and use as sentries.  You KNOW you got a good-size spider when you can actually HEAR them run across the floor !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down