Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

g.o stangs eliminator Cox_ba12

g.o stangs eliminator Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 8:23 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

g.o stangs eliminator Empty
Live on Patrol

g.o stangs eliminator

Go down

LOL g.o stangs eliminator

Post  craig bernard Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 pm

ID like to see some pitures of eliminator! Awsume job on the shrike considering what you started with by craig bernard
craig bernard
craig bernard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

LOL Re: g.o stangs eliminator

Post  G.O. Stang Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:06 pm

I just now saw this! I'll get some pictures tonight. It got it in a lot of parts on eBay. Was an under the radar sell and got the whole lot for $50. It has no stickers on it except for some remnants on the front spoiler. All the wheels look brand new and the rear tires look to have never seen the ground with the engine running. The body itself looks nearly flawless. Engine was stuck but a good soak it was turning over again. Pictures to come.
G.O. Stang
G.O. Stang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  G.O. Stang Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Here ya go!
g.o stangs eliminator 605EDC01-D61A-4B93-8BBE-BAD9FD66BAC9
g.o stangs eliminator FA1E5D4E-832B-479B-8B2F-CC4DF710CD2D
g.o stangs eliminator B229785F-E800-433D-9CCE-E321909CBB9B

I've also got the original manual and chute operation insert for it. This manual differs from the normal eliminator also as it has a picture of the early design on it.
g.o stangs eliminator 23578824-2344-47CD-9341-CBEE9ADA8394
G.O. Stang
G.O. Stang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Cool, what to you plan on doing with it?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  G.O. Stang Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Cool, what to you plan on doing with it?
Put it back together basically. That's why I need the chute kit and dummy engine. Also a parts car wouldn't be bad so I can steal the top of the fuel tank since somehow mine is gone. Could be blue or red. I wouldn't care. I'd probably die or paint it red to match and stick it back in. Unlike my shrike or p40, I actually want to run this one. This is my favorite cox car that they made. Also I think it's one of the most intricate in terms of the functions it has. Tripping the chute, shutting the engine off. It's all so neat. But I need to locate the parts first. It'd be cool to find an original string setup too that came with them. But I'm sure those are just as hard to come by as one might think.
G.O. Stang
G.O. Stang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

LOL re:g.o stang eliminator

Post  craig bernard Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Small Cox Logo thanks for putting the pitures up you did alright on the price of that one.I seen one guy liked his enough that he made a oak platform with blocks to keep tires from resting on ground and plexy glass cube cover.made for a really nice display!hope you have luck finding missing peices.This one deserves its missing parts back:cox logo: 
craig bernard
craig bernard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  G.O. Stang Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:16 pm

craig bernard wrote:Small Cox Logo thanks for putting the pitures up you did alright on the price of that one.I seen one guy liked his enough that he made a oak platform with blocks to keep tires from resting on ground and plexy glass cube cover.made for a really nice display!hope you have luck finding missing peices.This one deserves its missing parts back:cox logo: 
Yeah for $50 I can't complain. Came with 3 other engines I disassembled for parts and a pee wee .020 Which I cleaned up for my collection.
G.O. Stang
G.O. Stang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  craig bernard Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:33 pm

I just looked on ebay someones selling the drag shute cover for 17.75 a little pricy then shipping on top but it gets you one step closer treat yourself to a christmas present! I notice even if you can find a parts car the two hardest parts that are usually are missing are engine and shute cover unfortunately.i dont have one of these cars or any other i contimplate getting one and have noticed these parts missing.just a thought cheers craig:cox logo:I guess the pinto or vega engine are not compatible the fake one that is.one of the other members had some pictures on the forum and said the dragster was made from 1969 to 1975 and they only made red for first 9 months come to think about it ive seen alot of blue but hardly any red
craig bernard
craig bernard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  G.O. Stang Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:00 pm

craig bernard wrote:I just looked on ebay someones selling the drag shute cover for 17.75 a little pricy then shipping on top but it gets you one step closer treat yourself to a christmas present! I notice even if you can find a parts car the two hardest parts that are usually are missing are engine and shute cover unfortunately.i dont have one of these cars or any other i contimplate getting one and have noticed these parts missing.just a thought cheers craig:cox logo:I guess the pinto or vega engine are not compatible the fake one that is.one of the other members had some pictures on the forum and said the dragster was made from 1969 to 1975 and they only made red for first 9 months come to think about it ive seen alot of blue but hardly any  red
That's why I jumped on the deal. It was an eliminator and it was red. Worth the $50 right there. Haha and yeah I know. The chute cover on eBay is a repro and you have to cut the slots in it yourself. It's my last resort if I can't find an original. As for the engine, I already thought about the funny car ones, but if you notice they're part of the seat and roll bar section of the cars interior as one piece. And their headers are
Longer to protrude from the underside of their car bodies. The problem with this restoration is a normal eliminator alone complete but rough condition still brings $100+. So finding a parts car is difficult to say the least. I saw the dummy engine on eBay awhile back and knew I should have bought it then because I was planning on buying an eliminator at some point. They do pop up though. I'm sure one will come along. Until then, the search continues.
G.O. Stang
G.O. Stang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  craig bernard Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Its nice to see a young fellow like yourself taking an interest in these old gems most young fellows would pick them apart know remote no custom hop up kits for the suspension etc.iGuess you Love them or you dont.I had the trike motorcycle the action van the pinto dragster when they were new to think they where only about 20.00 bucks plus tax when i had them and i got them for christmas because i begged alot iguess.If you could buy them for that now i probably would buy the whole collection.I guess they eventually went to the garbage like most toys do eventually i cant remember.maybe i should grab a shovel and head to the dump!
craig bernard
craig bernard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down