Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Halfa Works Cox_ba12

Halfa Works Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:35 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 7:47 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Halfa Works Empty
Live on Patrol

Halfa Works

Go down

Halfa Works Empty Halfa Works

Post  anm2 Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:20 am

Does anyone know what happened to Halfa Works? I have heard that the owner was a guy named Tim Wiltse. I have a couple of the Cox engines that he modified and they are really nice. His anodizing was especially good. I assume he went out of business, but does anyone know why? Thanks, Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Halfa Works Empty Re: Halfa Works

Post  RknRusty Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:58 am

anm2 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Halfa Works?  I have heard that the owner was a guy named Tim Wiltse.  I have a couple of the Cox engines that he modified and they are really nice.  His anodizing was especially good.  I assume he went out of business, but does anyone know why?   Thanks,  Andy
I've heard rumors, but nothing for sure except that he's been MIA since about May 2008. There are some posters on RCG and RCU that complained of not getting products in return for money they sent.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 am

anm2 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Halfa Works?  I have heard that the owner was a guy named Tim Wiltse.  I have a couple of the Cox engines that he modified and they are really nice.  His anodizing was especially good.  I assume he went out of business, but does anyone know why?   Thanks,  Andy

His work was good and his engines were real beauties; he was also an active poster in RCU for several years. However, I believe he was involved in a car wreck that set him back, then later a divorce that tied up his shop and equipment. In short, he suffered a series of life events from which he never recovered.

andrew
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Hope he at least survived...maybe to come back some day and try to square things.  Getting stomped good and proper by Fate can shut down a guy's entire world.

Sounds like a basically good guy.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm

http://www.halfa-works.com/index.html

Halfa Works
10301-2G Willow Run Road
Charlotte, NC 28210

We would be glad to help you with your Cox based engine needs and welcome any questions you may have....
info@halfa-works.com

Aeromodel Retrofitter's eBay page.

ridenfligh (1106 ) 100% positive feedback

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:35 pm

crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Mike from Ridenfligh is top notch. I designed the APC prop bushings he's making and Mike has been producing them. I was having a real issue in 1/2A combat when it came to fast prop changes, it just wasn't happening. The smaller APC props like the 4.4x4 and also the 4.2x4 have very large inner holes. Even with the supplied plastic bushings the prop still requires a bushing on the 5-40 or 3mm Norvel screw. What I did was utilize the hole to interchange with either screws and I discovered that you could use the bushing as is on the 5x3 APC or insert the bushing into the smaller props using the supplied plastic bushing. This really works well and takes all the guess work out of the picture due to the bushing recessing on the back of the prop. The through hole isn't always centered on the prop. The recess in the back of the prop however is centered. This may just require the smaller through hole to be opened up a bit but the hole in the bushing will automatically and properly center the prop on the screw. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:26 pm

I have bought over 20 items from Mike, thus far a mix of his carb sizes and 6 backplates along with two orders of the prop bushings. Through messages I asked him to make a back plate for the TD .010 we will see if this gets added. I would also like to see him carry simple aluminum exhaust throttles a muffler with a slide restrictor with pressure tap for .010 / .020 / .049-09. Could do a simple screw on venturi with a barrel restrictor for simple throttle control.  RC Plane 
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:37 am

With the help of my wife I was in contact with Tim a couple of years ago and after talking to him for quite some time I decided to take a chance and I bought out everything he would sell me. At the time he said he was winding down his hobby days. I mentioned that his website was, is, still running he was surprised because he had stopped paying for it to run. We also talked about the chatter on RCU and RCG and he said he would make it right. I'm not sure he did.
Oh and the parts were delivered as described.
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:14 am

It's a real shame to lose someone like that in the hobby. I had exchanged a few e-mails with him and all were very positive. He was going to build an engine for me some years back and we discussed this a number of times but I never followed through. I pretty much regret that now. He had some great looking stuff and aside from Leo Squiers. I know he exchanged ideas with Leo. The anodizing they both did was truly over the top cool. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:45 am

Ken Cook wrote:       It's a real shame to lose someone like that in the hobby. I had exchanged a few e-mails with him and all were very positive. He was going to build an engine for me some years back and we discussed this a number of times but I never followed through. I pretty much regret that now. He had some great looking stuff and aside from Leo Squiers. I know he exchanged ideas with Leo. The anodizing they both did was truly over the top cool. Ken

Ken, I had communicated by email with Leo Squires a couple of times but have noticed his website is down now. He was having health issues. Is he ok? When I started this post I was actually lamenting the fact that there doesn't seem to be anyone around that had the same quality of work as these two gentlemen. I guess its just one more chapter of the Cox story that is finished. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum