Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Mini helicopters Cox_ba12

Mini helicopters Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 10:36 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 10:29 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 8:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 8:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 7:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 9:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Mini helicopters Empty
Live on Patrol

Mini helicopters

Go down

Mini helicopters Empty Mini helicopters

Post  jsesere Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 pm

I have been playing with these things in one way or another from helicopters to Air Hog type quads and until now they have always flown like crap. I got this one for my birthday and this model rocks. First off you can't break it. The learning curve was not particularly difficult, but it did take quite a few hard crashes until I figured it out. As for flying it has a built in gyro and flies stable. A plus is that it heli itself can be charged off of a USB or the TX. The TX uses AA batteries and should last a long time if you opt for charge using the UBS. This one came from Fry's and it was the lowest cost found for this model. Mini helicopters 00110
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Mini helicopters Empty Re: Mini helicopters

Post  batjac Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 pm

I love micro helis, and have quite a few from eFlight. But, I can't fly those little 3 channel helicopters. I keep trying to fly them like 4 channel helis and get myself into trouble.

The Easily Confused Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mini helicopters Empty Air hog mini helicopter

Post  706jim Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:56 pm

I have bought several tiny helis over the years, but finally achieved success with an Air Hogs model. It has just one rotor and the tail rotor is in the "correct" orientation i.e. doesn't "lift" the tail to acheive forward motion.
It is 3 channel meaning that it can go up, down forwards or backwards, but must be turning about the rotor axis to change direction. This was the first model I have been able to fly until the battery went dead without crashing and I would highly recommend it. Retails for about $45 in Canada; probably cheaper in the US.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Manufactures have been using gyros in a lot of these cheap helicopters lately and it makes a world of difference. My dad bought a Syma S107G (The "G" is for gyro) and it was totally different. The gyros kept it locked in position, and flew as if it were riding on rails. It charges in two ways, from the controller or via the USB cable, so you don't drain six AA batteries. The best part is you can purchase replacements for every part on it. It's a great value for a sub - $20 heli.

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Colors/dp/8499000606
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:56 pm

I have a few co-workers who have the Syma helicopters. They know I fly RC helis, and ask me what I think of them. I usually tell them that they're okay for toys, but they should go ahead and get a Blade MCX for $79.00 at the local hobby shop. Yeah, it's two or three times as expensive as the 3 channel micros, but everyone I know who flies the 3 channel jobs always ends up going through three or four helis. And the batteries don't last that long, either in flight duration or battery longevity. With the Blade helis, you get four axis control, longer flight times, and replaceable batteries. The batteries can be bought online for a couple of bucks each, and you can have one on charge while you're flying the heli on another. So you get more flights in a session as well. And you don't replace the heli with new ones as often as my co-workers seem to. The $79.00 is a better deal in the long run, to me. I have about twenty hours of flight time on my first eFlight micro heli, a Blade MCX-300. I don't fly it as much these days, as I have so many other little helis when I want to take a few minutes to fly, but it's still going strong when I want to fly it. Of the 10 model memory available on my Spektrum DX-6i, six are for eFlight Blade helis.

The Blade Fanboy Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:26 pm

How hard is it to fly the Blade MCX? Does it basically work like one of these mini 3 channels?
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Not hard at all - you can be flying comfortably in an evening's time. Like yours, they are coaxial and utilize gyros. The main difference is they are four channels rather than three - the MCX is equipped with a swash plate that gives you full cyclic control. Yaw will be removed from your right stick and controlled horizontally by the left stick, and cyclic sideward flight will be added to you right stick.

The change in control layout can throw you off if you've been flying that way for a while, but it shouldn't be a big issue. If you've flown RC, you know that three channel radios work the same way.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:30 pm

I find it much easier. To go left or right, you give it left or right cyclic and it goes left, rather than having to turn left and fly that way, then turn back to the original heading. It flies more like a real helicopter than the 3 channels do. I can't fly helicopters like I'm flying an R/C car.

Oh, and add a half hour to my MCX-S300 flight time. This thread motivated me to fly another half hour on my micro.

The Motivated Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Here's jr.'s latest project, he had a friend "print" the "chassis" and he plans on using a Mobius camera, sold his GoPro.

Mini helicopters 11024910

Last edited by Mark Boesen on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:10 am

The MCX is one easy flying heli and durable too a great learning tool for helis it is also a cat magnet as well lol. I haven't done much with the micro's since I fly the larger variety, Align T-Rex 600N which is a .50 size heli. and have had a couple of 90 size birds too in the past (Hirobo Freya X-spec and bergen
Intrepid) If you ever want to try a larger one a sim is a good investment and will pay for its self in saved broken heli parts. Anyway I have never been able to fly the 3 channel micro's. Throws me off big time since i'm used to the more advanced setups lol here's a pic of my Trex;
Mini helicopters Dsc00010
Sorry for the pic quality was taken with my Sony handicams still setting (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:14 am

That's a (big) cool piece of machinery!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster