Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Educate me on these little Enyas please Cox_ba12

Educate me on these little Enyas please Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by ffkiwi Today at 4:43 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by 1/2A Nut Today at 4:32 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by Admin Today at 1:33 am

» Happy Birthday Robert ( Rsv1cox )
by balogh Today at 1:06 am

» Carburetor Sprinkler Rod Peak Tee Dee .049 / .051
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» OS MAX-D
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by getback Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cox .020 PeeWee/TeeDee prop-screw
by getback Yesterday at 7:55 am

» Wanted peewee 20 fuel tank
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:40 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

» Off topic - Tonka dump truck restoration. 10:27
by rsv1cox Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Educate me on these little Enyas please Empty
Live on Patrol

Educate me on these little Enyas please

Go down

Educate me on these little Enyas please Empty Educate me on these little Enyas please

Post  KariFS Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:45 pm

I got these two among a bunch of engines I bought recently. Not very much info on these online or I just don't know where to look...

Anyway, one is a .08, the other is a .10. I compared and measured a little and it seems the crankcases are pretty much identical except for the numbers on the bottom. The .10 cylinder has a little bigger fins and head. The .10 is a "T.V." variant but the carb sits weirdly close to the cylinder. The .08 is a C/L or F/F, the square venturi stack is kinda neat Smile These don't have provisions to install mufflers, so I am guessing they are from the '60s.

My NIB Enya 45BB 6001 came with a leaflet that pictured similar engines but that's about all the info i have found so far.

Here they are, in my opinion pretty neat engines. I have the needles for both, they are just not installed right now. I'd appreciate any info on how to use them, what NOT to do if disassembling them, what are those blocked little holes in the bottom sides of the crankcases etc. Right now they are stuck solid so at least some soaking and cleaning-up is in order.

Educate me on these little Enyas please Image16

Educate me on these little Enyas please Image17
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Educate me on these little Enyas please Empty Re: Educate me on these little Enyas please

Post  Surfer_kris Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Well, to start with the markings are in cc, i.e. you have a .8cc (.049 cubic inch) and a 1.0 cc (.061 cubic inch) engine. They have recently been discussed on this forum, not sure what else you want to know?

They are a little heavy and not so strong, but neat or cute indeed. Smile

There are/were also mufflers for these engines;

Educate me on these little Enyas please Img_5110
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Educate me on these little Enyas please Empty Re: Educate me on these little Enyas please

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Some Enyas used a tank pressure tapping in the bottom of the crankcase. Yours look to have points that can be drilled and tapped for that purpose.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:00 pm

rsv1cox chimes in he can point you in the right direction but if you don't want them just boxem up for me Laughing at least they are rotary valve and not reeds you cant get (find) getback
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:50 pm

http://www.svensktmodellflyg.se/users/5466/ENYA_Model_Engine_Compendium.pdf

Hi Kari - The above link will tell you about everything you want to know about Enya engines. It's quite long and involved but if you scan though it you will find information relative to your engines. I consider the author an internet friend and I have benefited greatly from his advice. I also own several of his former engines. Congratulations on that .10, one of the few that I do not have.

They are quite easy to disassemble, but unless they are very dirty I would recommend against it. A little heat will loosen them up, I follow with Remoil and a lot of flips. Parts still are available. See Bob Brooks "[bleep]" on ebay. Your guess is as good as mine.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:49 am

Surfer_kris wrote:Well, to start with the markings are in cc, i.e. you have a .8cc (.049 cubic inch) and a 1.0 cc (.061 cubic inch) engine. They have recently been discussed on this forum, not sure what else you want to know?

They are a little heavy and not so strong, but neat or cute indeed.  Smile

Well, I guess I'll need to take the backplates off and try to measure the stroke to make sure what size they actually are. They are about the same size externally as my Queen Bee, and close to OS MAX10, that led me to think cubic inches.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 am

rsv1cox wrote:http://www.svensktmodellflyg.se/users/5466/ENYA_Model_Engine_Compendium.pdf

Hi Kari - The above link will tell you about everything you want to know about Enya engines.  It's quite long and involved but if you scan though it you will find information relative to your engines.  I consider the author an internet friend and I have benefited greatly from his advice.  I also own several of his former engines.  Congratulations on that .10, one of the few that I do not have.

They are quite easy to disassemble, but unless they are very dirty I would recommend against it.  A little heat will loosen  them up, I follow with Remoil and a lot of flips.  Parts still are available.  See Bob Brooks "[bleep]" on ebay.  Your guess is as good as mine.  

Bob

Thanks Bob, a lot of info in that link indeed. By a quick look I narrowed the manufacturing year down to 1965...70 for the 08 and 1965...71 for the 10. Exact dates are not important but it's nice to get a ballpark figure. What the document didn't tell was how rare or "collectible" these are. The fact that I'd never seen one of these before means nothing as these are a bit "before my time" and there was no club nor older hobbyists around where I lived as a kid.

Yes, maybe it would be smart not to take these apart. I think I'll just remove the backplates, plugs and venturis, apply some heat and try to get them loose, then soak them in gun oil.

Thanks for the tips!

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:44 am

Collectable? I think so, cause I like them and the early ones do go back to the 1930's. My earliest are around 1950. The .049's, .06 thru .10's do show up but not often and go for $80/$120 USD.

I do have the instruction sheet for the .10 but it's written in Japanese, I will try to decipher the Bore and Stroke and let you know.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks Bob, but I have the sheet that came with my 45BB 6001 and it has the figures of all models available at the time.

Educate me on these little Enyas please Image20

Wow, $80+ is quite a lot, are we talking about used engines? Well, I am not going to reveal what I paid for them but it was a bargain after all.

EDIT sorry the photo is out of focus, there is a better one in the other Enya thread.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Yes, NIB engines. I forgot just what I paid used but not much off those figures. The engines in the old style blue crystal box are hard to find and more expensive.

Educate me on these little Enyas please Nib_e_10

Japanese ...... Smile

Educate me on these little Enyas please Nib_e_11

Educate me on these little Enyas please Nib_e_12

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 am

Sorry if I was a little blunt earlier, it does look like the .08 and .10 engines. They seem to have many parts in common with the .06, and the marking on the bottom of the crankcase should be a reliable identifier.

If they live up to their specs they might be very strong for their weight, the .10 is possibly beating the more common .09 engines...
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:41 pm

No worries Kris Smile

Only differences between these and the 06 seems to be that the bigger ones have one or two fins more, as the cylinder is a bit taller due to the longer stroke.  The specificied weights are pretty much the same on all three.

The specificied bhp figures really are impressive. The 08 has about twice the power of a Queen Bee and the throttled 10 kicks throttled 09 Medallion's butt. And it loses only about 10-20% to the unthrottled Tee Dee 09 on equal rpms. Of course the Enya numbers are from the brochure and Cox numbers I picked from test reports on sceptre flight.

There seems to be no reviews published about these little Enyas Huh...
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down