Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Cox_ba12




Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Scientific Gulfhawk
by akjgardner Today at 4:29 am

» Pool music.. on a beautiful afternoon..
by roddie Today at 2:02 am

» Roddie tears-down his recent bench-run engine
by roddie Yesterday at 4:14 pm

» Sold out Cox .049 silencers for sale
by sosam117 Yesterday at 2:59 pm

» K&B Torp Jr 035 glow plug(s)
by ncpiperpilot Yesterday at 5:20 am

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Wed May 22, 2024 6:19 pm

» Does this book interest anyone?
by GallopingGhostler Wed May 22, 2024 6:13 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Wed May 22, 2024 3:47 pm

» Gut instinct
by Onelife Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm

» My Cox .049 reedy with a Galbreath head and Nelson plug
by F4D Phantom II Tue May 21, 2024 11:03 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty
Live on Patrol


Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  Kim Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:49 am

Just call me Tony!  Having fun burning up some of Fitz's Fuel !!!

Temperature finally got down into the 80's, with the humidity at 150%, but a boy takes his shot !!  Surprised the the B.O.T. wasn't trailing wingtip vortices !!!!



https://youtu.be/7zSSdQoTOBg
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 8538
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Re: Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  Marleysky Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:09 pm

oK,  Hey Tony!  Lookin' good there.  Laughing  Probably not finding any thermals to play in, but maybe a little cross wind?   I really do enjoy your videos. I'm gonna have to stick to one thing long enough to get one, something, even a foam glider together, to get something airborne.
I re watched your "helicopter Mania" from SMALL, had to laugh at the power towers in the background. I thought I'd read in the instructions NOT to fly within 100 or 200 feet of any power lines? Maybe that's why the heli's were staying close to the tent canopies.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Posts : 3618
Join date : 2014-09-28
Age : 71
Location : Grand Rapids, MI

Back to top Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Re: Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  Kim Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 am

Marleysky wrote:oK,  Hey Tony!  Lookin' good there.  Laughing  Probably not finding any thermals to play in, but maybe a little cross wind?   I really do enjoy your videos. I'm gonna have to stick to one thing long enough to get one, something, even a foam glider together, to get something airborne.
I re watched your "helicopter Mania" from SMALL, had to laugh at the power towers in the background. I thought I'd read in the instructions NOT to fly within 100 or 200 feet of any power lines? Maybe that's why the heli's were staying close to the tent canopies.

Nope, no thermals out that day...or at least none that my Glider Pilot skills could utilize !!!

I got a couple comments on the power lines at S.M.A.L.L., but they're a lot farther away than some of the video and photos suggest.  The wind (or breeze) was perfect for the little whirly birds, and freeflights, though some thermals did manage to bump that one little glider into the tree line.  Think they got it back OK though.

I WAS a little wary about the dark clouds passing by for the chance of them maybe launching a lightning bolt, but I don't remember hearing any thunder on the days we were flying.

I appreciate the comments on the videos...keeps me going when the program hic-ups and dumps stuff I've been working on for an hour!

Gone one final collection of a bunch of different stuff, and it may be a long one...figure folks can just jump ahead if it gets too slow !!!


Last edited by Kim on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 8538
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Re: Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:10 pm

I doubt flying close to Power Lines with a RC model will harm the user OR the Model

BUT I know for a fact that two CONDUCTIVE Control lines from Model to user flown within 100 feet of High Voltage Power lines (some 35 to 70 feet times two is a part of a complete transformer circuit) WILL pass through the magnetic field and INDUCE a SHOCKING voltage on your control lines...mostly aggravating, sudden like a dry static shock, and very disconcerting BUT usually non lethal

Of course if you fly control line and the model and lines touch the HV power lines I hope you have LET GO!!!

My property is surrounded on Three side by HV lines and my small 1/2a flying site demands spider wire as steel lines all shock me... and BTW wet spider wire does ALSO!!!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Posts : 4002
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 68
Location : Lampasas Texas

Back to top Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Re: Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  balogh Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:50 am

Kim wrote:Just call me Tony!  Having fun burning up some of Fitz's Fuel !!!

Temperature finally got down into the 80's, with the humidity at 150%, but a boy takes his shot !!  Surprised the the B.O.T. wasn't trailing wingtip vortices !!!!


Great video, Kim. Inspires me to re-mount my key-chain camera again on my Toucan R/C and make and post some new videos.

My front-end powered planes leave little room for mounting the camera on a castor splash-free place other than the wingtips but then I have to strap heavy coins on the other wing to restore the balance...a useless payload on a plane powered by a TD 051.

Is your BoT a home-made bird, or an ARF or RTF sold in hobbyshops? The engine I figure is a 074 Queen Bee?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Posts : 4757
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 65
Location : Budapest Hungary

Back to top Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Re: Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  Kim Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:58 pm

balogh wrote:
Kim wrote:Just call me Tony!  Having fun burning up some of Fitz's Fuel !!!

Temperature finally got down into the 80's, with the humidity at 150%, but a boy takes his shot !!  Surprised the the B.O.T. wasn't trailing wingtip vortices !!!!


Great video, Kim. Inspires me to re-mount my key-chain camera again on my Toucan R/C and make and post some new videos.

My front-end powered planes leave little room for mounting the camera on a castor splash-free place other than the wingtips but then I have to strap heavy coins on the other wing to restore the balance...a useless payload on a plane powered by a TD 051.

Is your BoT a home-made bird, or an ARF or RTF sold in hobbyshops? The engine I figure is a 074 Queen Bee?

Hey,

My 2 meter B.O.T. is a swap meet rescue I bought in late 1998 or '99...I've never seen it in kit form, and wonder if it was a carefully built scratch project. It spent a lot of time being high-started and eventually got a Black Widow pylon mounted of it's back. Back in those days, wit was taking photos with a 'returnable' camera that had a servo taped to it, and actuated by the unused throttle channel...one photo per flight.

The engine is a Tee Dee .049 that I've had for twenty-some years at least, and is still my friendliest runner. It got a nigh compression head and new needle valve assembly about five years ago.

Yeah, I also dislike dead weight ballast, necessary as it is, and so, have started launching with a camera on each wingtip, facing in different directions, which doubles the footage and angles from each flight without the added gadgetry of using a servo mount.

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! 5_14



Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 8538
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Re: Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  RknRusty Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Kim, it's always good to see the sleek and graceful old BOT fly. Still just about the only RC plane that really stirs interest in remote control for me. Thanks for the quick aerial tour of the Heartland.
Rusty

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

Hot Fun in the Summer Time ! Empty Re: Hot Fun in the Summer Time !

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum