Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Cox_ba12

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by MauricioB Today at 4:50 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Empty
Live on Patrol

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question.

Go down

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Empty 2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question.

Post  halfpilot Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi all,

Please pardon the terrible title, but it played right out of my fingers without even thinking.

Today I received what I was told was a new in box 100% old stock OS 25 FSR as seen in this link. Unfortunately it is not as described and someone has put a used and stuck OS 2CB carb in the box. It should have come with a new OS 2B carb. The two carbs are very similar and this mistake would be OK if the carb actually fit the engine but it won't because it is intended for the larger bore of the 21 FSR-C and 21 FSR-M. The seller claims no knowledge of engines and, having asked, he does not have a 2B carb to send me. Apparently he got this in a large lot of old tamiya buggy stuff which explains why the carb has been swapped out with a buggy carb.

Other than this the engine does genuinely seem to be unused though it shows a fair amount of wear and some discolouration on the case where someone sprayed some oil on it which is unfortunate. So to my question, does anyone have any ideas how I can rescue this situation or should I just return the lot to the seller? It was an eBay sale and I bought on the basis that it was described as new and therefore complete.

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Dsc_9210
2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Dsc_9211

Thanks,
Simon
halfpilot
halfpilot
Formerly known as:
ThermalSniffer

Formerly known as:ThermalSniffer

Back to top Go down

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Empty Re: 2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question.

Post  Marleysky Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:57 am

Simon, if what you received is NOT what was offered, I would return it. I don’t know the difficulty in finding the correct carburetor, that may be a factor. If they are rare and hard to find that would push me towards returning for full refund. If they are relatively cheap and easy to obtain, I’d negotiate with the seller to offset the purchase price to make the engine “ new” as offered. Sellers tend to not want a negative feedback from buyers.

That’s my Two Cents
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question. Empty Re: 2C OS not 2B OS. An OS 25 FSR Question.

Post  halfpilot Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for offering your opinion. After mulling things over I am leaning the same way. I have occasionally seen the correct carb for sale but they go for as much as I paid for the engine and that is not even counting probable international postage and the inevitable tax and handling fee when it gets here. Even if I could afford it I could be waiting a long time to find one too.

Described as 100% new old stock and it turns up with a broken, used and incorrect carb. In my opinion this is a classic case of a misdescribed engine.
halfpilot
halfpilot
Formerly known as:
ThermalSniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm

On the same type of subject but slightly different. I bought a used OS FSR 40 this year with the understanding it was coming with an aftermarket muffler, and the front half of the original. Since then it has been to find an original muffler as they appear to have been made engine specific. This appears to be the same as the carburetor on yours. I also just checked to see if I had another carb sitting around for my 25 FSR, but I didn't. Sorry.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  halfpilot Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks for that but am currently chatting to seller trying to arrange a return but he is pushing hard for a partial refund. He is getting quite rude about it. I think I will have to explain in plain English that without a carb of some kind the engine is as good as parts. There is no way I can use it. He is upset because he thinks I got the engine cheap and am now causing a 'fuss' - not my fault sir!
halfpilot
halfpilot
Formerly known as:
ThermalSniffer

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Not any fuss at all in my opinion. As for price, I would not honestly say you got it cheap. If indeed the engine was unrun with the proper carburetor, it was then a fair price. Even the engine with a carburetor that at least worked would have been ok, but to get it with a carburetor that does not fit is useless. As well, like I mentioned earlier, the parts for these engines is propritary to them. Good luck, but if you file a 'Not As Described' claim, you should have no problems. But I hope the two of you can work it out before it gets to that.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down