Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The old Jedi Leadout offset trick  …   Cox_ba12

The old Jedi Leadout offset trick  …   Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 3:25 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The old Jedi Leadout offset trick  …   Empty
Live on Patrol

The old Jedi Leadout offset trick …

Go down

The old Jedi Leadout offset trick  …   Empty The old Jedi Leadout offset trick …

Post  GPW Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:11 am

Guys , here’s just another old trick to keep your lines tight … That with an offset motor , and offset rudder, there’s little chance of your plane chasing you in the circle … The leadouts are slightly further back than the bellcrank .  Always worked for me … Hope this helps … Wink The old Jedi Leadout offset trick  …   A11937063-44-Leadout%20offset
GPW
GPW
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

The old Jedi Leadout offset trick  …   Empty Re: The old Jedi Leadout offset trick …

Post  aspeed Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:39 am

The leadout position is most important. The bellcrank not so much, until it starts binding.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

The old Jedi Leadout offset trick  …   Empty Re: The old Jedi Leadout offset trick …

Post  NEW222 Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks for sharing that. With that simple picture and picturing the engine and rudder offset, I can see how it would want to go to the outside of the circle. I had one plane once that I thought was a real 'head-hunter'. It came towards teh center of teh circle more often than not.....
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:57 am

Good for the circulation, keeps the adrenaline going. As long as it doesn't hit your head.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Sweeping the leadouts back does indeed increase line tension. It only does this under 45 degrees. As soon as you pull into a wingover, the plane loses line tension up high due to losing speed and being yawed out. Speed is what keeps line tension. You want to sweep your leadouts as far forward as you can to attain line tension in level flight. If your just a roundy round flyer with a occasional loop, this is a non issue. If you want to fly the plane like you stole it, don't keep the leadouts swept back too far. This goes in hand with rudder offset. It's absolutely not necessary. It doesn't allow the plane to fly tangent to the circle to attain the needed speed to maintain proper line tension. Rudder offset isn't going to save a plane that loses line tension. Many add engine offset, rudder offset and sweep the leadouts rearward. You now have a plane that flies like a turd and loses line tension when you try to fly overhead maneuvers.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GPW Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Yep, there is "too much of a good thing” …and yes I’m "just a roundy round flyer”… Laughing My 1/2A planes were never very good at stunting , same as me as a pilot … Just a non competitive Fun Flyer , I’m happy to just go round and round ... RC Plane
GPW
GPW
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm a roundy-round flier too. Although I have been known to do some pretty good 'Figure 9's'! Also, I have not really designed anything of my own, and I do keep teh lines as per the plans cause I think the ones who designed them know a lot more than lil old me.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:58 pm

When I set-up the lead-out guide-position on my own designs, I generally suspend the model by the lead-outs.. and mark the position on the wing-tip where the models' "nose" drops just a few (2-3) degrees. My five latest designs have zero rudder-offset.. and zero thrust-offset.

I'll also be experimenting with L/H propellers on four of those five designs, which are set-up for Cox .049 reed-valve engines for their reverse-rotation capability.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down