Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How about this idea?  Regional Forum 1/2A CL events Cox_ba12

How about this idea?  Regional Forum 1/2A CL events Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How about this idea?  Regional Forum 1/2A CL events Empty
Live on Patrol

How about this idea? Regional Forum 1/2A CL events

Go down

How about this idea?  Regional Forum 1/2A CL events Empty How about this idea? Regional Forum 1/2A CL events

Post  SuperDave Mon May 07, 2012 1:19 pm

With all the trepidation about flying control-line, I'd be willing to promote regional get togethers of forum members specifically wishing to learn to fly small control-line aircraft. Antendees would provide their own aircraft and equipment and I would be the primary flight instructor and host here in Washington State althogh I can see other such events in other regional areas too.

If the interest is there we can make it happen. I'm thinking a one-day event in early Septeber would be ideal.

Comments?
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

How about this idea?  Regional Forum 1/2A CL events Empty Re: How about this idea? Regional Forum 1/2A CL events

Post  Admin Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm

That would be a good idea! It sounds like it would be fun!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

How about this idea?  Regional Forum 1/2A CL events Empty Re: How about this idea? Regional Forum 1/2A CL events

Post  SuperDave Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Admin wrote:That would be a good idea! It sounds like it would be fun!

Jacob: Only got one comment so far. Will await further input from forum members.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon May 07, 2012 2:37 pm

i think that would be a good idea, i want to fly control line but theres know one around my town that can teach me Sad
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Mitch:

Part of the problem is that forum members are secretive about their locations so we could have members living in the same community without knowing each other.

For example, your location is shown as "lakewood". Only by directly asking you WHICH "lakewood" do I know that you live in Colorado. There must be a "lakewood" in every state of the Union.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Sounds like an excellent idea. Could you elaborate on the idea a little more?
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  AT1984 Mon May 07, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm in...

And you're right about "Lakewood", LOL.
AT1984
AT1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon May 07, 2012 5:24 pm

If it's toward the middle of September, I could up for a 150-200 mile radius or so from the Skunk Works.

Figure new flyers would have plenty of time to build up their plane(s) by then. Maybe throw some business at Captain Blackhawk (Bernie has some of these Walt Musciano-designed kits listed), or they could hack out their own flying slabs for fun and adventure.

I'd be more than willing to drag along my own fearless, Slum-Dog PT-19's for graduation/congratulatory flights once the students were up and running.

I'm 100 miles south of St. Louis, Missouri, and if we could find an accommodating club or small-town ballfield within decent driving distance that would let us fly, I'm in. The club in Paducah, Kentucky has two excellent circles, maintained by Allen Brickhaus. I don't know what their policy would be on visitors, but would check if a few guys were interested.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon May 07, 2012 5:37 pm

microflitedude wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea. Could you elaborate on the idea a little more?

Sure, these are to be get-to-gethers of forum members in various regions and could be held in several different locations. Each region that would be interested could form a committee to work out the details.

I would be willing to chair the committee that covered the states of Wasington and Oregon. Each participant would be responsible for their own expenses and to provide their own aircraft and flying supplies if they wish to fly..

Each regional committe could arrange their own event details like the date and location.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon May 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Kim wrote:If it's toward the middle of September, I could up for a 150-200 mile radius or so from the Skunk Works.

Figure new flyers would have plenty of time to build up their plane(s) by then. Maybe throw some business at Captain Blackhawk (Bernie has some of these Walt Musciano-designed kits listed), or they could hack out their own flying slabs for fun and adventure.

I'd be more than willing to drag along my own fearless, Slum-Dog PT-19's for graduation/congratulatory flights once the students were up and running.

I'm 100 miles south of St. Louis, Missouri, and if we could find an accommodating club or small-town ballfield within decent driving distance that would let us fly, I'm in. The club in Paducah, Kentucky has two excellent circles, maintained by Allen Brickhaus. I don't know what their policy would be on visitors, but would check if a few guys were interested.

That a boy, Kim, form you own region and a committe and make it happen sometime this summer or fall.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon May 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Kim,
I think you mighty be on to something, as you know its been talked several times on the 049 collectors site, but nobody really pushed for it either. I really think if we wanted to we could push for a "1/2a-fest" somewhere located between where you live and southern Wisconsin.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 pm

I would participate, but we couldn't count on my usual field at the churchyard across the street. Maybe Matt knows a school or some field near him. I know they ran him off for making noise at one school. I'll check around my neighborhood too. We live close to each other.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue May 08, 2012 8:22 am

The regional meet idea has run afoul of liability concerns and the forum's lack identity as a legal corporation. Most any flying site would require membership and affiliation with the AMA and it's insurance for event participation. I'd venture to say that would exclude a lot of forum members.

We are, after all, but an I'net forum.

That's not to say we couldn't meet somewhere informally to fly. How about a open cow pasture in Washington state's lovely Cowlitz River Valley?
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  AT1984 Tue May 08, 2012 8:45 am

An open cow pasture...I wish I knew somone that would let me use one!!!

The "liability issue" is one reason we have to have AMA membership to use an organized flying site. That's where my problem lies...membership, driving 45 minutes, "mufflers madatory", etc, etc...

I want to start flying 1/2A...not many engines have , or will run good on a muffler...

Last edited by AT1984 on Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding info)
AT1984
AT1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 am

Allan:

When Bethel District school grounds aren't being used for school activities, like on weekends, I've had no problem flying unmuffled 1/2A CL planes. Ditto at Spanaway Lake Park provided it isn't being used for someone's picnic or other gathering.

Or have I just been lucky in my timing? Never seen regulations posted that prohibited flying at these places.

Have you?
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 am

Mark Boesen wrote:Kim,
I think you mighty be on to something, as you know its been talked several times on the 049 collectors site, but nobody really pushed for it either. I really think if we wanted to we could push for a "1/2a-fest" somewhere located between where you live and southern Wisconsin.

Sounds good to me! I'm sitting here, right on I-55, which once past St. Louis, cuts right up Illinois. If we could contact a club or some party up there that likes this stuff, I'll amend my previously stated distance limit and pack for a road trip !

Also, perhaps we should tag this endeavor as "The First Annual Super Dave Circle-Turner Regional Invitationals"...or something similar...with "International" inserted somewhere in there once our across-the-pond friends jump on the wagon!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  AT1984 Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am

Dave,

I've never seen anything posted, but I haven't been to either area to check them out. I live 5 minutes from Bethel Jr. High/Bethel High, and maybe 10 minutes from Spanaway Lake Park...I haven't got a 1/2 A plane YET, but most definitely will, soon.
AT1984
AT1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue May 08, 2012 10:33 am

Allan:

Have a call into Piecre County Parks at this moment re: flying at Spanaway Lake Park. Shoot me you phone number via PM and I'll call when I receive the info.

Dave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 pm

SuperDave wrote:...That's not to say we couldn't meet somewhere informally to fly. How about a open cow pasture in Washington state's lovely Cowlitz River Valley?
When I finish my Flitestreak I'll saddle her up and ride it on out there!
I can stay at my sister-in-law's house. mmmmmmmmmm siiisterinlaawwww..... Oh! oops, thinking out loud. How about this idea?  Regional Forum 1/2A CL events Redface

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm real new to this forum (yesterday), but my two teenage boys and I love flying 1/2A. We fly in the common area next to our house (lucky to have it) I flew a 1/2A auto gyro last night for the first time. But we would like to meet up with some more locals. we are in Rochester, Wa. near Olympia.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Duke:

Another Washingtonian!

Keith (aka: PV Pilot) lives near you in the Centralia/Chehalis area. That makes THREE of us!

Check out this publication for the latest in Pacific Northwest Control-line flying:

Flying Lines: Daily News of Northwest Control-Line Model Aviation
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 pm

I have two teenage boys that fly with me and have friends that fly with us, one in auburn, one in centralia, one in tenino. we fly at the chehalis airport mostly. We also fly with the fireballs in oregan, the skyraiders in aubrun, and the bod busters combat team.

We are always looking for new CL friends!
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down