Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank Cox_ba12

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 3:25 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank Empty
Live on Patrol

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank

Go down

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank Empty I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank

Post  RknRusty Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 am

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank. Brodak has 2 ounce and 1 ounce, but I need one in between.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank Empty Re: I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank

Post  PV Pilot Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:18 am

PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank Empty Re: I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank

Post  RknRusty Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:21 am

PV Pilot wrote:Not a wedge, but it is a 1.5 oz
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRU28
I could probably get it to work pretty good if I put a clunk in it that lands right where the diameter begins to decrease. I like it. Maybe I'll get both types and see which works best. I could gut a vibrator and make one.I neeed a 1.5 ounce/44.4cc wedge tank Rofl
Except I don't have one.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:50 am

I've never seen that style of tank before, I don't read/use/order from Tower.
I like it, its design makes sense and should work well for R/C as well as U/C aplications.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:59 am

I usually buy the see-thru Sullivans, as they are heat gun moldable and much easier to build and see the fuel level.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:55 pm

I must need something different. My great bladder design ain't working today. Hundreds of flips and a handful of 30 second runs. Now I'm mad. I have one hour of sunlight and both of my BWs are acting up, so it'll probably be another week before I can fly. Don't we have a MAD smiley!(*&%&(^$%(*&^$*RTF JHBO*&Y& Y(P* B{*()U {*(Y OGYF&^%(%^)O &P)&)(&_B*+*(N+)_*(}_)(|}_)(}_OM O:JYP(*Y P&(*YIUHILUH P(*&Y P(*Y{(*UP(*(*P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Rusty,

Are you willing to try pressurizing you tank from the crank case? I know many people have frowned upon this but it has been my experience that this is both simple and completely dependable once you learn how.

Bob
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:16 pm

fit90 wrote:Rusty,

Are you willing to try pressurizing you tank from the crank case? I know many people have frowned upon this but it has been my experience that this is both simple and completely dependable once you learn how.

Bob
Hi Bob. I really really hope to avoid a pressure bladder, but something has got to work better. I can crank it much easier on the stand with a tiny Perfect wedge I have. I think that would work okay, but not perfectly since I can't mount it at the best position. But with the bladder I can't crank it in less than a hundred flips. I was hoping a bigger vented wedge tank or one of those bullet tanks with a clunk and a vent would be a helpful option. But your suggestion of crankcase pressure interests me.

I am really good with engines, large and small, I understand them intimately, but this one is making me feel like an idiot. And I know it's a good engine, I've seen what it can do when I can crank it. What do you have in mind? A wedge or a bullet with a pressure line? Remember this is C/L so I'm constantly inverted, looping, etc.

While I await your answer, I'm going to get a BW running so I can at least have 1:45 minutes of fun with the Li'l Satan or the Jumpin Bean... next freakin' weekend I want to put the Medallion on one of them, but that will turn into a project instead of a quick addition. Next kit is going to be a beam mount to make mounting external tanks easier.

So tell me what you have in mind,

Thanks,
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Rusty,

I'll send you up a backplate with a pressure tap. Put this one on the Tee Dee in place of your regular backplate. Make sure you have the fine thread needle valve on the engine. You can use any fuel tank with two lines. Since I fly R/C I use one ounce tanks and have a clunked pick up line going to the venturi and hook the pressure tap up to the vent line. For starting I usually open the needle valve about two turns and begin cranking. I prefer to have the needle a little lean and richen it up until the engine lights off. If the engine fires but does not light off I usually remove the pressure line and start again. The first few times are terribly frustrating but when you get it going it becomes easy and dependable. Just remember that the tank has pressure on it so it floods easily.

Tell me what you think.

Bob
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm

fit90 wrote:Rusty,

I'll send you up a backplate with a pressure tap. Put this one on the Tee Dee in place of your regular backplate. Make sure you have the fine thread needle valve on the engine. You can use any fuel tank with two lines. Since I fly R/C I use one ounce tanks and have a clunked pick up line going to the venturi and hook the pressure tap up to the vent line. For starting I usually open the needle valve about two turns and begin cranking. I prefer to have the needle a little lean and richen it up until the engine lights off. If the engine fires but does not light off I usually remove the pressure line and start again. The first few times are terribly frustrating but when you get it going it becomes easy and dependable. Just remember that the tank has pressure on it so it floods easily.

Tell me what you think.

Bob
Okay, I'll try that. Would a wedgie be considered a two line tank if I just plug one of the vents? They have a pickup line that runs to the back corner of the wedge and two fill tubes configured like a Bee stunt tank. I can just plug the bottom vent and run pressure to the top vent. Or I might try one of those bullet tanks with a clunk and fit the stopper with two lines.

I was reading the RCU thread you posted a link to a while ago and someone recommended a bladder like I've been tinkering with for Bees. That might work for the Medallion. I'm pitting it on the Jumpin Bean. Unfortunately the Li'l Satan has nowhere to mount a bladder or wedge without going into the rib bays. I'm not ready to ugly it up yet.

ORIGINAL: danilo-2

As an alternate to adding pressure.. at least as an intermediate step.
Use a Balloon tank. Just fit a simple plain balloon with a fuel line and clunk in it.
No bladder pressure needed, mount it in an old 35mm film can.. if you can find one :-)
This gives a very consistent fuel supply, regardless of the model's orientation.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down