Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Cox_ba12

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 9:24 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Mon May 06, 2024 3:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:22 pm

batjac wrote:Okay, I admit that I'm lousy with names.  I kinda know Kim's last name, but would get it wrong if I typed it out. Could i get last names for Kim, Patrick, and Moon?

Thanks,
The Louse Mark

Kim Stricker
Creston Moon
Patrick......not sure
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Post  getback Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Nice dos E doe There Mark !! 2 Step + 2 Good saving..... Well that link is not available????

Last edited by getback on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid Utube sanwitch)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Empty Cox PT-19's at Buder Park !!!

Post  Kim Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:17 am

Here we go!  Our Day at Buder Park !!!!

Guess I'm gonna have to flush my computer as it totally dumped and lost this video a couple times now, so my fingers are crossed !!!

Thanks again to The Majestic Mark for riding herd on all this fun!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow4Zeqeqqjc&feature=youtu.be
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:12 pm

How did I miss meeting up with you guys????
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:43 am

I don't remember for sure, but thought you were on a trip somewhere. I DID leave a little earlier than I planned (packing Patrick along). Figure we'll do it again this year.
I was thinking about installing a crazy-big fuel tank and going for the "Longest Recorded Cox PT-19 Flight" in human history !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:19 am

Hey!! I am in , after getting my engine to run right got a good flight in other than the damn 40+ feet of trine to release the model got wrapped around my feet Laughing  funny now not then wish I got a vid. of it but no . I flew again and was doing loops (inside) and decided I thought it was capable of a outside loopie !!! but did not perform as I was hoping and now a repair is in the Q    The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Wrecke10 m That was stupid and now regret doing it . Getback Mad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:56 am

Tough break Eric,

The outside loop cost me a few planes before I figured it out. The problem is you go into a full dive at the beginning of the loop and it happens very quick. Make sure you are at least 45 degrees before you start or enter it from inverted flight.

After a while you do it without thinking.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 pm

So, do we want to do it in September again for 2015? Perhaps the weekend of Sept. 26th?

The Planner Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:07 pm

I think that day is clear on my calendar. Sure, I'm in. Can we make it a weekend instead of a day?
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Eric, I've done the stooge dance a couple of times. It's always funny later. Sorry to see the wreck, but fix it up and fly it again.
Rusty

This is funny on full screen on a desktop. If you only have a phone to watch videos with, don't bother, you can't see my kicking feet.

Stooge Dance
https://youtu.be/uo-rSCKgnUE

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 pm

batjac wrote:
So, do we want to do it in September again for 2015? Perhaps the weekend of Sept. 26th?

The Planner Mark

Sounds Great to Me !!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Empty And the date for 2016 is???

Post  PeterJGregory Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:19 am

Hey, we're two weeks into the year, already.

What's the plan? Wink
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:23 am

Well, I got me a pretty-much-unmarked-on calendar book...I'm only locked for the first half of June (S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In in Little Rock and Sig Fly-In in Montezuma)...so, figure these PT-19r's can start checking in...

Me and my plastic dinosaurs are ready....

On The Road Again Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:03 pm

getback wrote:Hey!! I am in , after getting my engine to run right got a good flight in other than the damn 40+ feet of trine to release the model got wrapped around my feet Laughing  funny now not then wish I got a vid. of it but no . I flew again and was doing loops (inside) and decided I thought it was capable of a outside loopie !!! but did not perform as I was hoping and now a repair is in the Q That was stupid and now regret doing it . Getback Mad

Darn Eric, To bad, to pretty an airplane to take a header. But with your assortment of glues in your picture you have reconstruction covered. CA, Elmers, Titebond, Contact cement, more CA and epoxy, looks like my workbench.

I just started using Titebond on models, always used CA or Epoxy. It seems to do as well without getting my fingers glued together with CA or mixing up epoxy.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm in, this is one of our activities I wouldn't miss. Maybe I can get my Son to come on the weekend and fly too. I still have to fix it after his flight last year. I always fly first when we fly together. I want him to try a big plane.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:01 am

Hey, Guys.  Sorry I didn't follow up last September.  Lot's of issues going on back then.  I'm definitely up for International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day! 2016.  We had it in September the first year because we started late and it was about the only weekend that didn't have a major fly-in.  Do Y'all want to do it that late this year, or do you want to do it more in the summer months?

The Scheduler Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:11 am

Thanks Mark! I'm in for whenever...totally depends on whether some of my buds want to gather someplace on a specific date.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:06 am

September is good with me but if YA;ll want it sooner that's fine too , I am ready other than putting the control wire back no some how I for got to do that when I fixed it . Thinking of upgrading to a Golden Bee I have never ran one as many as I have handled Laughing A chance to get these wall hangers out and have some FUN !!  The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Wp_20121  Bob you know you got to have all those different kinds of glues lol!  getback Doh!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:10 am

Datewise, I will be involved with the Mid Hudson RC Society's 50th Annual Jamboree at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.
Dates into Sept may be a good time since so many of us have vacation commitments. Even early Oct.

I found a nice bird on craigslist and am arranging a pick at a half way point between the seller and me.

There are probably a couple dozen PT-19's in my 2 clubs' members' basements.

When we get a date here on CEF I will do my best to get good participation from these club guys.
I think it will be fun. Somewhere on CEF I saw someone's really nice balsa reproduction, I'd like to build one that way.
One of my clubs is electric only so maybe make that one electric. Hope nobody here has a spell over going electric on one!

Me, I've got a gallon and a half of fuel to burn, so maybe I can get club members out to at least fly one I owned.

Cheers, Poughkeepsie Pete
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:03 am

PeterJGregory wrote:Datewise, I will be involved with the Mid Hudson RC Society's 50th Annual Jamboree at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.
Dates into Sept may be a good time since so many of us have vacation commitments. Even early Oct.

I found a nice bird on craigslist and am arranging a pick at a half way point between the seller and me.

There are probably a couple dozen PT-19's in my 2 clubs' members' basements.

When we get a date here on CEF I will do my best to get good participation from these club guys.
I think it will be fun. Somewhere on CEF I saw someone's really nice balsa reproduction, I'd like to build one that way.
One of my clubs is electric only so maybe make that one electric. Hope nobody here has a spell over going electric on one!

Me, I've got a gallon and a half of fuel to burn, so maybe I can get club members out to at least fly one I owned.

Cheers, Poughkeepsie Pete

Oh man...PLEASE post some photos from that event! I got to visit that magical place once back inn 1990. The history of your club goes WAY back, and a bunch of my old magazines have photo spreads of the great model airplane stuff that's gone on there over the decades !!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ARUP Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:47 am

Anybody have a spare PT-19 for sale?
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:58 am

ARUP wrote:Anybody have a spare PT-19 for sale?

You can build your own squadron with this:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MODEL-AIRPLANE-COX-THIMBLE-DROME-PT-19-Parts-Lot-/381524607996?hash=item58d4a383fc:g:iBMAAOSwqrtWnrTy

lol! Well, there is only ONE wing....
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ARUP Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:35 pm

If I can't ever find a 'real' one can I make one myself? If so what are the specs?
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Would this be allowed? Not a Cox model, but will be Cox powered.

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 2 Pt-19_10
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:04 pm

NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next