Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Cox_ba12

**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 9:54 am

» How's the weather?
by HalfaDave Today at 9:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by sosam117 Today at 8:24 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 8:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Choose the next engine of the month!

**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Empty Re: **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017)

Post  dckrsn Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:23 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
getback wrote:Hey i voted for myself , if you don't think it's that good why bother !!! Congrats Mark Nice show!!

Good for you Eric.  Ya gotta have self pride and confidence.  Thumbs up.

Bob
I vote for my photo if I think its the best. I have also voted for my photo,
fearing I wouldn't get a single vote (although If you don't get a single vote, it shows
you didn't vote for your own photo). Option #4, enter a photo and vote for one
that's clearly better than yours. All that BS aside, I wish there was more voting. Rolling Eyes
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

**VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017) - Page 2 Empty Re: **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (February 2017)

Post  balogh Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 am

I voted for one that was clearly on its way of not getting any vote..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:22 am

I voted for one that was clearly on its way of not getting any vote unless mine. The number of total votes is usually around 30.When you see that with more than half of the expected votes cast there still is a candidate without a vote ( and you wonder why that candidate is seen by the other voters that much differen) you say shooooooot....and cast your only vote on it. BTW apart from self voting the casting of more than one vote is also left ambiguous (to me at least) by the rules.I am not sure we all understand the same restrictions to apply. Pardon if I am alone with this uncertainty.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 am

Balogh,

It doesn't matter, what's at stake? A free engine? Don't get wrapped around the axle about who wins or loses. It's supposed to be fun. Personally I only vote for engines that are being flown or have a chance at being flown. Only once in a while does the engine I vote for win. I used to enter and I think I won once a few years ago before a chance at a prize was offered. I've entered numerous times and only received 1 vote which is usually my own. Engine of the month is a way of keeping the forum fun going, nothing more. Not everyone can win every time. It's a fun competition.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:35 am

I could not agree more....with my votes on losers I simply contribute to CEF diversity....my membership as a Hungarian is already one of it. Very Happy
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:46 am

How about a system where nobody knows who the pictures submitter is? Instead of posting the picture here, everybody sends his or hers picture to Jacob, when he receives 10 he posts them without comment.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:11 am

balogh wrote:I voted for one that was clearly on its way of not getting any vote unless mine. The number of total votes is usually around 30.When you see that with more than half of the expected votes cast there still is a candidate without a vote ( and you wonder why that candidate is seen by the other voters that much differen) you say shooooooot....and cast your only vote on it. BTW apart from self voting the casting of more than one vote is also left ambiguous (to me at least) by the rules.I am not sure we all understand the same restrictions to apply. Pardon if I am alone with this uncertainty.

I don't see the vote situation before I have myself voted first, so for me there is no way to know. I can also vote only once (the buttons disappear after I have voted), did you mean you could vote more than once?

I always vote for the IMO best picture (which to me is a combination of the setting, technical quality and the engine itself) even though the poll is for the *engine* of the month, not the picture of the month. I think this "competition" is for fun, so I try not to get too serious, but sometimes I do get a bit disappointed with the results. But still, even if my pic gets just one vote, that means that someone thought my picture was the best (or that someone is just being nice Rolling Eyes ). I also have ended up with 0 votes at least once. Winning is not the thing for me, I like to take photos and this is a convenient way to publish them to an interested audience Smile And I would still post even if there were no prize other than getting my picture on the front page. Only thing that would stop me would be one of y'all telling me to quit Wink

So if any of you is getting fed up with me posting pics every month, let me know and I'll take a break for a few months Smile

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 am

No, what I put forth, everyone still gets just one vote. But good point Kari, the contest is for Engine of the month, not picture of the month. You kidding Kari...keep posting pictures/engines, it's for self-fun. I really enjoyed putting mine together, who cares if they win or not.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:32 am

Congratulations Marcos !, beautiful photo! Very Happy
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 am

I like to participate, I like to place a photo and there to leave it and I know that if one day the photo wins, it will be because I like it better, if it does not win, it is because another photo was better and I will continue to participate. This works when everyone participates and that makes it very entertaining. Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:56 pm

You can vote on a picture for whatever reason you see fit. Maybe you like Black Widows, so you vote on a Black widow...maybe you like to see an engine in action, so you vote on the one with the blurry propeller...maybe you like the model it's mounted on, maybe you like the 1968 Dodge parked in the background...whatever.

Being the Admin, I usually try to vote on the one with no votes. Sometimes I really like a picture and I have to vote on it right away, and sometimes time gets away from me and I forget to vote on the one with no vote...if you get 0 votes, don't let it get to you, try again next month.

Like said, it's just for fun. If you enter a photo into the Cox Engine of the Month, you are still entered in to win an Ex Model Engines Black Lynx .049 engine regardless if your photo wins CEotM or not.

As for anonymous entries, I could see what I can do.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:13 pm

[quote="KariFS......I don't see the vote situation before I have myself voted first, so for me there is no way to know. I can also vote only once (the buttons disappear after I have voted), did you mean you could vote more than once? [/quote]

Honestly, I have never tried to wote 2x so I have not known until now the voting button disappears once I voted...

With the rest I agree, this is just fun....
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 pm

I try to vote on the engine that I like.Very Happy  Sometimes I end up voting for the entry that has fewer or no votes. Huh...  I think it would be more fun if we didn't know the voting results until after the voting period.  That would eliminate the "mercy" votes.lol! I Love This Forum!
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2