Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

craft-store items Cox_ba12

craft-store items Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

craft-store items Empty
Live on Patrol

craft-store items

Go down

craft-store items Empty craft-store items

Post  roddie Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am

craft-store items Weight12

I bought these things at an "A.C. Moore" craft-store. (a chain-store similar to Michaels)

The "Pine-Car" weights are .355" diameter. They weigh 2gr/segment. They are cut using a hacksaw and a segment is just under 1/4" thick. They fit nicely into a 3/8" diameter hole. It's a neat way to add weight for balancing an airplane.

The 3/4" dia. wooden wheels would make nice main-wheels on a 1/4A-size airplane.. or a tail-wheel on a larger model.

The round plastic bottles are rugged, have screw-on caps.. and are 1oz. capacity. They might make a nice little clunk-tank if they're resistant to model-fuels. They cost about $.79/ea.

The store has a "Midwest" hobby-wood kiosk.. as well as a nice line of X-Acto products, air-brush equipment/kits.. etc. There's a lot to be found there for our hobby.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

craft-store items Empty Re: craft-store items

Post  Marleysky Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:15 pm

There are many "crossover" items between my hobby and my wife's...sewing and quilting hobby. In our hometown of Grand Rapids is the corporate HQ of a company called Notions Marketing. They provide a mega multitude of products for sale to retail sales worldwide. Fortunately for us here in Grand Rapids, they have a small, unadvertised retail outlet they call the Craft Outlet store, open to the public limited hours and days. This "outlet" has all the returns, mis-shipments, damaged, and overstock of the worldwide distribution. Whenever I get the chance to go and browse the store I'm amazed at the stuff I could use. Like the punches you've used to make Venturi gaskets, or choke tube gaskets. They have very similar punches for the scrapbooking crafts in various hole diameters. the only thing I have looked for but have not seen is any fuel proof dope!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 am

Marleysky wrote:There are many "crossover" items between my hobby and my wife's...sewing and quilting hobby.  In our hometown of Grand Rapids is the corporate HQ of a company called Notions Marketing. They provide a mega multitude of products for sale to retail sales  worldwide.  Fortunately for us here in Grand Rapids, they have a small, unadvertised retail outlet they call the Craft Outlet store, open to the public limited hours and days. This "outlet" has all the returns, mis-shipments, damaged, and overstock of the worldwide distribution. Whenever I get the chance to go and browse the store I'm amazed at the stuff I could use. Like the punches you've used to make Venturi gaskets, or choke tube gaskets. They have very similar punches for the scrapbooking crafts in various hole diameters. the only thing I have looked for but have not seen is any fuel proof dope!  

Absolutely Rene! Stuff like "snaps" for securing a hatch/cover, various types of thread for stitched-hinges or simulated flying-wires, silk.. colored-dyes, good quality scissors.. sewing-pins, pattern-making supplies.. the list goes on and on and is only limited by one's imagination.

Yesterday I bought some ball-point sewing-pins for tacking. I had lots of different-style/size pins.. but none with the "ball-point" which are easier on the fingers! Smile

craft-store items Sewing10

Fuel proof dope is something that many of us would like find somewhere. I have some Aero-Gloss.. but not very much in colors. I have a good amount of "clear" and thinner though. Most people that used dope have switched to other types of fuel-proof finishes.. but the better materials aren't available just anywhere. Ken Cook could give you more info. on where to find these.. and how to use them.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum