Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My twice a week video hangout show - Page 2 Cox_ba12

My twice a week video hangout show - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My twice a week video hangout show - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

My twice a week video hangout show

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My twice a week video hangout show - Page 2 Empty Re: My twice a week video hangout show

Post  RknRusty Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:07 pm

roddie wrote:Thanks Rusty, That was a great show! The audio seemed much better this time. I was working on setting up my Ace throttle experiment.. and had the show on in my workshop the whole time. It really helped to motivate me because it took me a few hours to prepare. By the time the show was over.. I had finished my work on the set-up.

It was great to see our Dave Fountain (TDBandit) make an appearance.. and talk a bit about Cox engines! Thumbs Up
Yeah, Roddie, Dave brings a lot. He doesn't talk about stuff he doesn't know, but he listens till a topic hits that he does know, and then he's true to his name, a Fountain of knowledge. Being a professional A&P he knows about the big stuff as well as extensive model engine information. Theory of operation of all types of porting systems, etc. Glad to have him on board.

Notice it always takes an hour to hit a stride and really have fun? Maybe there's a little "ahem" in the mix, Lol. Fridays are usually a little more inspired. Last Monday I was flat. Still finished well though. In fact, I forgot to post it, so here it is:
https://youtu.be/w4uDqDyVClQ

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

My twice a week video hangout show - Page 2 Empty Re: My twice a week video hangout show

Post  TDbandit Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:47 am

Yup I had fun, That's the way I am, I don't like to talk about something unless I know something about it. that's the reason behind a lot of my lack of activity on subjects, don't get me wrong, I know a lot about flying building and such, I just feel that especially when I end up off awhile that I get behind or that others have more experience in a particular area than me, I just hand over the reigns to them and sit back, listen and update lol. It's like writing a research paper, you got to have information to back up your own information in the form of citations and such. The vast amount of my experience is in engine, drive trains and such and i get that knowledge from good old OJT in other words, I tinker! I mess around with stuff, see what works and what doesn't and catalogue away what works, Of course I don't do that with anything relating to full size aircraft (A&P stuff) in that field, you either know and continue on or you don't and hand it off to someone else who does, no middle ground in that field...(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:47 pm

TDbandit wrote:Yup I had fun, That's the way I am, I don't like to talk about something unless I know something about it. that's the reason behind a lot of my lack of activity on subjects, don't get me wrong, I know a lot about flying building and such, I just feel that especially when I end up off awhile that I get behind or that others have more experience in a particular area than me, I just hand over the reigns to them and sit back, listen and update lol. It's like writing a research paper, you got to have information to back up your own information in the form of citations and such. The vast amount of my experience is in engine, drive trains and such and i get that knowledge from good old OJT in other words, I tinker! I mess around with stuff, see what works and what doesn't and catalogue away what works, Of course I don't do that with anything relating to full size aircraft (A&P stuff) in that field, you either know and continue on or you don't and hand it off to someone else who does, no middle ground in that field...(Bandit)

It's really good to hear from you Dave. I hope that you're feeling better buddy.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:22 pm

roddie wrote:

It's really good to hear from you Dave. I hope that you're feeling better buddy.
Thanks man I'm feeling much better! Smile (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Here's the Monday, October 9th Hangout:
We closed with a pretty good half hour talking about Cox planes and engines.

https://youtu.be/4iqbxdOEATQ

As usual, give it a couple of hours before the first hour of video is processed and added by YouTube.
Thanks for watching,
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 am

Here's the Friday, October 13th Hangout:

https://youtu.be/ykuZ9W2CZX0

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:00 pm

Finally! It took me a while to clean out the spam intruders, what a pain they are. But here's Monday's hangout, thanks for watching.
Rusty

P.S. If you see any spam I missed, try to jot down the timestamp for me and I'll take out the trash.

https://youtu.be/BUL47QOwSio

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:08 pm

The Monday 10/23 hangout.
We talk about all the different contests our guests attended over the weekend. And a good lesson on types of Combat events by Mike Londke.

https://youtu.be/JkTSbfawKDE

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:23 am

RknRusty wrote:Here's the Monday, October 9th Hangout:
We closed with a pretty good half hour talking about Cox planes and engines.

https://youtu.be/4iqbxdOEATQ

As usual, give it a couple of hours before the first hour of video is processed and added by YouTube.
Thanks for watching,
Rusty

Cool show Rusty! Man.. I'm way behind in watching.. and skipped through this show because of your mentioning the last 1/2 hour being Cox related. Very interesting info that Dave Fountain provided on the negative-effects that ram-air can have on a needle-setting.. and in Cox engines; the possibility of reed-float. Then the topic of the "Sure-Start" engines being hampered by the choke-tube on the air-intake causing negative-pressure in the venturi. This kinda' changes my plans on building a firewall to suit one. I had bought six backplates (bulk-discounted) from Bernie.. and they came with the choke-tubes. I would rather they came with the reed-holders.. but I had to buy those separately. Angling (trimming) the tube forward might solve one problem.. but "create" another. I guess it depends on the degree of the angle.. Huh... It would probably only require a slight forward-angle to correct the vacuum issue.. but too much; and you risk needle-setting issues..

Regarding the Cox "Hyper-Viper" conversation; I was unaware that they came with "Sure-Start" engines. It would seem that simply removing the choke-tube would improve performance.. rather than swapping-in a hotter engine such as the Killer-Bee. This would be good info for our "Kim Stricker".. who acquired a Hyper-Viper a while ago.

Last edited by RknRusty on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed embedded picture to help our low BW readers)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Here's this week's Friday hangout. Bandit gave me some good automotove advice before he left.

https://youtu.be/krOdRCdW6Uo

I want to start indexing these so I can list interesting topics at their approximate timestamps.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:52 am

No problem! and sorry for the quick drop off, I've got a headset now that should solve that problem with the music. Wish youtube was not suck a monster about those issues... (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:07 pm

TDbanditdit wrote:...Wish youtube was not suck a monster about those issues... (Bandit)
Me too. They actually did ding us, but it was a non-specific ding with no mention of the music. They've even made me just a little dubious about mentioning it here, so we'll be mum on it for now.
Rusty the 'Tube raider!... and Dave the 'Tube Bandit Lol.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:37 am

A laid back Monday night show
https://youtu.be/VzO5sFpa2Ps

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:22 am

Monday, 11/20/2017

I've left a couple out. One got raided by a bunch of rude kids that hacked my controls and drove me to take the show off the air, and Friday's had internet glitches. It's still in the Stunt Hangar 'Tube channel, but I thought it was a dud anyway, so left it out of this thread.
Tonight's was a good one though, so here it is:

https://youtu.be/8oJ6hN_y0lE

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

My twice a week video hangout show - Page 2 Empty Back with regular broadcasts

Post  RknRusty Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:26 am

Hey, friends of Stuntangar Video Hangouts, time for catching up. We've jumped around and confused a few of you regular viewers, and have deprived the re-run watchers by not being able to stream live and record for the archives.

Charles Carter has been my substitute host while I was absent a few times. But Friday night I took the stick back and we're back on track, so here's that show, and a pretty good update on where my health and mobility are at the moment.

In this episode, most of our guests are in their shops, building and holding the dialog up, so I could relax and just let them carry the discussions. Good for me because I was too tired to really jump into the conversations.
Thanks for watching.
Rusty

P.S. If we ever do get chased off by Trolls, and move mid-show to our alternate site, just type "appear.in/stunt-hangar" into your Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browser and give us time to preview you and let you into the room. It will hold up to 12 guests at once. If you don't have one of those browsers, get the Appear.in app for your phone or tablet.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

My twice a week video hangout show - Page 2 Empty Another good building show from our guests' workbenches

Post  RknRusty Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Monday night's show is in the bag.
This turned out to be another good one live from the workshops of our guests. It sure is nice to be getting back in the groove. Thanks for watching,
Rusty

https://youtu.be/vX0PyLYNC74

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm

After a couple of disappointing months of battling with vulgar 16 year old trolls, and losing, we finally found a way to win. We're back... on schedule, and reruns are once again available too. So, here's an installment from last night. As usual, we start slow and settle in to some good discussions later on.

https://youtu.be/R2z9RC2HidE

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:18 am

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am

This one has some good 1/2A discussions, featuring two CEF members, Mark and Mike.

https://youtu.be/oe_GpP1Fq1s

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:54 am

Rusty I went through the youtube vid of the last hangout and it is good to hear you folks talk about various aspects of our hobby...does one have to be a registered Stunthangar member to get access to this site? What is your typical meeting schedule here? Always Fridays? Can you send me a link where I can join? If I do not disturb you guys I may call in, tough I sit 6 hours ahead of your Eastern timezone.

It looks like a Skype video conference site.

Thank you,Andras.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi Andras,
We are live every Monday and Friday night. I usually start the stream about 9:40 Eastern USA time. I try for 9:30 but am usually a few minutes late. We'd love it if you joined us.

Simple text chatbox option
There are two options. You can go to the Stunt Hangar(two words) YouTube channel home, and if the show has already started, the live feed should be showing in a video window with a chatbox next to it. You can communicate with us by typing text in the chatbox. I always introduce the video crowd to the chatbox crowd and try to bring the two together in our discussions. I will update the live guests with any questions, answers, and comments you type. There are a good many who participate this way.

This is a link to the Stunt Hangar YouTube page.
If the live feed isn't right here, try clicking "Videos," it's not too far away(or maybe it just hasn't started yet).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96GB5l5-lNYSEtieSfFFCQ

Requirements to join the live feed
The other option is to join the live feed. If you are on a phone, you need to install the Google Hangouts app. I'm not sure whether or not that's true of a tablet, but I believe the Chrome browser works best, maybe even better set to desktop mode. No surprise there, we are working with the great GoogTube. I've joined as a guest with my Android phone and it worked quite well with a full battery to start. I use a PC to broadcast. With my Win7 PC, I have a Logitech C-270 Cam/Mic combo clipped to the top of the monitor.

For YouTube members with a channel
When the live stream begins, Youtube automatically sends a notification to all subscribers of the Stunt Hangar channel... In other words, If you have your own channel, and you are subscribed to the Stunt Hangar 'Tube channel, and your settings permit notifications, you will get a notification when each night's show begins. Check the "Bell" at the top right of your channel page. You can opt for email notifications too. You can enter the video hangout by clicking on that notification.

For Non 'Tube members
Go to the Stunt Hangar 'Tube channel and wait for the show to start. You will see the first message appear in the chatbox. Click the link in that message and it will forward you to the SH forum where another message containing a link to the video chat room is posted(This roundabout method is to discourage trolls and spammers). Your browser will open a new window where you can follow the prompts to enter the video chat room.

If you cannot get in, email me and I'll give you the link.

Let's now test and see if you can access the post in the Stunthangar forum. I think as a non-member, you can still read it to get the live feed link. Here's the link to Fridays post.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/at-the-bench

If you do not get YouTube notifications, that will always be the way to get in.
Try to open that and look for the newest post. It'll be titled, "Stunthangar Video Hangout - Friday, 1/19/18."
While you're there, you might as well click the link in the message and see if your camera turns on.

Tomorrow at about 9:40 EST, a new one will appear for the Monday show.
Let me know whether or not you can access it. Sparky was talking about changing accessibility, but I don't think he ever restricted it.

When you do join a running show, give me a few moments to approve and turn your camera on, and then I'll tell you to turn your mic on. That's part of my troll prevention. It can be glitchy, last night a couple of people had to sign out and back in to get enabled. The first half hour is frequently devoted to debugging guests.

That's a lot, I hope my instructions are clear. Looking forward to seeing you. Btw, we have several regulars who don't have a great grasp of English, but they still have a good time.

Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 am

Thanks a lot for the description of how to join, Rusty,

I will try to join even if the scheduled 9.30 EST is about 3.30 CET i.e. my time...Lets see if I can stay awake till then.Smile Smile

(BTW I do not have illusions about the quality of my  English command but this has been my working language in the past 35 years so I will somehow make myself understood Smile )
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Better take a Power Nap, Andras... and make a pot of coffee.
I've found that with our multinational guests, it's only a matter of us getting used to their speech; inflections and expressions. You've had a lot of practice, so you may speak English better than some of us. I am looking forward to seeing you.

Don't feel any pressure. If you want to just use the Youtube text chat, at least in the beginning, that'll be fine too. Lots of video guests mostly just watch and listen with an occasional comment
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 pm

This Monday's show had the smallest video crowd we've ever had, however the Youtube gang in the text chat turned out in full force. It was a short show, but we got some good discussions going.

https://youtu.be/KN3TphlaBFM

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:48 pm

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next