Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Servos for RC Cox_ba12

Servos for RC Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 9:18 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Servos for RC Empty
Live on Patrol

Servos for RC

Go down

Servos for RC Empty Servos for RC

Post  MauricioB Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:28 am

Hi, has anyone used these servos in their RC models?
What opinions can they leave me? Huh... Huh... Huh...

http://www.towerpro.com.tw/product/mg92b/
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Servos for RC Empty Re: Servos for RC

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:37 am

Metal gears are pretty nice, not sure if needed on a small ship, but if it makes you happy why not. The days of DAD brand, etc. servos are long gone, even the cheapest will more than likely give you good service, same as radios, lol, pretty tuff to blame a crash on the radio.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am

Mark Boesen wrote:Metal gears are pretty nice, not sure if needed on a small ship, but if it makes you happy why not. The days of DAD brand, etc. servos are long gone, even the cheapest will more than likely give you good service, same as radios, lol, pretty tuff to blame a crash on the radio.

I have had some problems with the Turnigy 9g servos, I have cut cables and also it happened that the integrated stopped working.
Probably these servos do not support so much speed and the force that generate the surfaces of ailerons on the own servo ....Servos for RC Foto1931
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 pm

I personally don't have any experience with this particular servo brand. however you cant really go wrong with metal gear servo's they offer good protection from strip outs due to crashes and tend to be more accurate. What model are you lanning on putting these in? (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:17 pm

TDbandit wrote:I personally don't have any experience with this particular servo brand. however you cant really go wrong with metal gear servo's they offer good protection from strip outs due to crashes and tend to be more accurate. What model are you lanning on putting these in? (Bandit)

The problem in itself is not the gears, but the support to the vibration and that the integrated circuit is not affected by the force of the servo ...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:55 pm

MauricioB wrote:
TDbandit wrote:I personally don't have any experience with this particular servo brand. however you cant really go wrong with metal gear servo's they offer good protection from strip outs due to crashes and tend to be more accurate. What model are you lanning on putting these in? (Bandit)

The problem in itself is not the gears, but the support to the vibration and that the integrated circuit is not affected by the force of the servo ...

nice vid man Smile I see what you are saying, you're concerned with vibration resistance. I've seen vibration related servo failures with the 9g class of servo's in the past and I too have had failures with the turnigy servo's. no with the tower pro's however having no experience with this brand I can't vouch for their resistance to vibration. I usually stick with Hitec and futaba. futaba's S3117 micro is a great servo and not too expensive. (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:27 pm

The tower pro has a funky, and poor, positioning circuit. They tend to overshoot position if loaded enough to cause ti to need to correct position. It will then have a feedback loop that will be overshot. Since typically a servo has practically no load in certain positions this problem is not likely to sneak up and bite, particularly on a slow or trainer type plane. On fast acrobatic planes it may be enough to cause a sustained maneuver to overshoot.

On spring-pull systems it is a serious problem that cannot be compensated for.

There are videos. I have seen the effect because I set up a system that would show it, but it has not been a problem for me in practice. I have a couple installed as aileron -computer flap servos on a trainer. I have not seen a problem with the couple flights I have had.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm

I have had problems with the HXT 9g, I guess they are the same as the Tower ones.
Considering the cost and time spent on all the other parts, engine and scratch build planes etc. it is not worth saving a few dollars saving on the servo...

I really like the HS-65HB servos. They have strong gears and are accurate enough for my style of flying. I have never had anyone fail yet, and the oldest ones have now been in glow plane use for about ten years. Smile
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm always a little skeptical of participating in this subject of small servos in our glow powered models. I do enjoy and appreciate learning from the experiences of others, though. With that said, here's some of my small servo/Cox powered model experience:

Back in 2007, some folks convinced me that the Hitec HS-55 was a great choice for .049 and smaller engines. I bought a bunch of them and put them in a bunch of planes over the next few years and had a ball flying them. Then the failures began. A crash or two resulted along the way. I quit buying/installing them after that. With that said, some of my planes still have them in service but I watch them closely and will remove them when they start getting jittery at center. Someone then convinced me to try some Hobby King 9g metal gear servos for .049 planes. I still have some in service acter 5yrs or so with good results, no failures. I've also used HS-65MG metal gear servos with success and they're still holding up well. The last few 1/2A planes I've built have been equipped with Dymond 4.7 units. They are small, light, torquey, and reliable so far. With that said, I had a larger Dymond 60 fail on an elevator in the air with a TD.09 engine on it this summer after about 10 flights. I'm still confident enough in the Dymond 4.7s that I'm installing them in the 5 new planes I'm currently building for .010, .020, and .049 engines. Your mileage may vary!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks to everyone for leaving your comments and experiences, this helps me to take a better decision when choosing! Thanks again!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:01 am

Surfer_kris wrote:I have had problems with the HXT 9g, I guess they are the same as the Tower ones.
Considering the cost and time spent on all the other parts, engine and scratch build planes etc. it is not worth  saving a few dollars saving on the servo...

I really like the HS-65HB servos. They have strong gears and are accurate enough for my style of flying. I have never had anyone fail yet, and the oldest ones have now been in glow plane use for about ten years. Smile

Hi Kris, I have a consultation for you regardless of the subject of the servants.
In this case my query is for the glow plug of the cox 020. You have reformed an original and placed a turbo ?, you can give me the link to see that topic ?, have some video ?, have data of the result? Thank you!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:09 pm

MauricioB wrote:
Surfer_kris wrote:I have had problems with the HXT 9g, I guess they are the same as the Tower ones.
Considering the cost and time spent on all the other parts, engine and scratch build planes etc. it is not worth  saving a few dollars saving on the servo...

Hi Kris, I have a consultation for you regardless of the subject of the servants.
In this case my query is for the glow plug of the cox 020. You have reformed an original and placed a turbo ?, you can give me the link to see that topic ?, have some video ?, have data of the result? Thank you!

I quoted Mauricio's comment.. because I don't want Kris to miss it.

I'm concerned now; that some 9g servos that I bought in qty. might not hold up to IC engine vibration. They're "Great Planes"/ElectiFly ES-50 nano-servos designed for "park-flyers". I assume that they're NOT manufactured by Great Planes. Does anyone have experience running these or any other Great planes branded servos in IC engine applications?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Thanks, I find it very easy to miss posts, as soon as a thread drops off the "latest topic" list they are lost in cyber space and very hard to find again...

Yes, I have converted a regular .020 head to take a Turbo plug instead. It is a little tricky to do as there is very little material to work with. The plug hangs on by a thread or two, but it does work. I haven't made a full comparison to a stock head yet. I guess there will be a little fine tuning to do in order to get the head volume. Right now my best head for 10% nitro seems to be a stock head that I have shaved down to increase the compression ratio. So there is room for improvements on both the regular heads and the converted ones. Here are a few pictures, first the turbo head and then the shaved down stock head:

Servos for RC Img_0110
Servos for RC Img_1824
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:14 pm

roddie wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

I'm concerned now; that some 9g servos that I bought in qty. might not hold up to IC engine vibration. They're "Great Planes"/ElectiFly ES-50 nano-servos designed for "park-flyers". I assume that they're NOT manufactured by Great Planes. Does anyone have experience running these or any other Great planes branded servos in IC engine applications?  

Roddie, when you say IC you mean an engine (internal combustion?) ... Yes, I'll tell you about my experience.
I have used electrifly servos in my mini-dermic "Taladrito", you can see this video so that you take into account the size and "calm" flight of the model. The only thing that detects over time was a "here we tell" chat, it is that the servant keeps moving "like vibrating" when it is in the center, But always worked, despite this chat.

To share with you, based on what I am experiencing, I encourage you to write the following list:

Turnigy Servo 9g or HTX 9g or similar or Hitec HS 55 or Electrifly ES 50
For fully usable .010 engines (elevator-rudder-depth and ailerons)
For fully usable .020 engines (elevator-rudder-depth and ailerons)
For engines .049 Babe Bee with propeller 6x 4 fully usable (elevator-rudder-depth and ailerons)
For engines .049 Babe Bee, Tee Dee .049 / .051, Medalion .049 with propeller 5 x 3/5 x 4 usable in (elevator-rudder-depth - NO ailerons - requires for safety one of 2.5 kg minimum)
For engines .09 Medallion with propeller 7 x 3/7 x 4 usable in (elevator-rudder-depth - NO ailerons - requires for safety one of 2.5 kg minimum, or to place 1 for each aileron)
Note: Attach the anti-vibration rubber boot with power to the servos from Medallion / Tee Dee / Killer Bee.
Important, I have detected servos made in China that fail before starting to use them!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:08 pm

MauricioB wrote:
roddie wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

Roddie, when you say IC you mean an engine (internal combustion?) ... Yes, I'll tell you about my experience.
I have used electrifly servos in my mini-dermic "Taladrito", you can see this video so that you take into account the size and "calm" flight of the model. The only thing that detects over time was a "here we tell" chat, it is that the servant keeps moving "like vibrating" when it is in the center, But always worked, despite this chat.

To share with you, based on what I am experiencing, I encourage you to write the following list:

For engines .049 Babe Bee with propeller 6x 4 fully usable (elevator-rudder-depth and ailerons)
For engines .049 Babe Bee, Tee Dee .049 / .051, Medalion .049 with propeller 5 x 3/5 x 4 usable in (elevator-rudder-depth - NO ailerons - requires for safety one of 2.5 kg minimum)
For engines .09 Medallion with propeller 7 x 3/7 x 4 usable in (elevator-rudder-depth - NO ailerons - requires for safety one of 2.5 kg minimum, or to place 1 for each aileron)
Note: Attach the anti-vibration rubber boot with power to the servos from Medallion / Tee Dee / Killer Bee.
Important, I have detected servos made in China that fail before starting to use them!

Amazing "soaring" video Mauricio! Yes... cloudy.. but I waited for the spectacular views! Wonderfully beautiful flying-area that you have!

Thank You for advice on the servo-applications that you have experience! Thumbs Up Small Cox Logo
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Thanks, I find it very easy to miss posts, as soon as a thread drops off the "latest topic" list they are lost in cyber space and very hard to find again...

Yes, I have converted a regular .020 head to take a Turbo plug instead. It is a little tricky to do as there is very little material to work with. The plug hangs on by a thread or two, but it does work. I haven't made a full comparison to a stock head yet. I guess there will be a little fine tuning to do in order to get the head volume. Right now my best head for 10% nitro seems to be a stock head that I have shaved down to increase the compression ratio. So there is room for improvements on both the regular heads and the converted ones. Here are a few pictures, first the turbo head and then the shaved down stock head:

Servos for RC Img_0110
Servos for RC Img_1824

Kris, good job !, if I know, it is not easy because everything is very small there! ... there is some cox 020 video in progress with the glow plug turbo ??
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 pm

roddie wrote:
MauricioB wrote:
roddie wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

Amazing "soaring" video Mauricio! Yes... cloudy.. but I waited for the spectacular views! Wonderfully beautiful flying-area that you have!

Thank You for advice on the servo-applications that you have experience! Thumbs Up Small Cox Logo

Thanks Roddie, I believe that you will not have problems with the Electrifly, put your Cox at least a 6x4 propeller so that it does not have as many rpm and that will help the servos to support the work. Also place them with the rubber base! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:53 pm

buy this servo only for ailerons Cox Stylo Medallion 049 and Tee Dee 051, I think it will withstand the work very well!
Modulation: Analog

Tightening torque: 4.8V: 2.98 kg-cm (39.00 oz-in) - 6.0 V: 47.37 cm (3.38 kg-cm)
Speed: 4.8V: 0.12 sec / 60 ° - 6.0 V: 0.10 sec / 60 °
Weight: 0.66 oz (18.7 g)
Dimensions: Length: 1.17 in (29.7 mm)
Width: 0.47 in (11.9 mm)
Height: 1.16 in (29.5 mm)
Engine type: 3-pole
Type of Gear: Metal
Rotation / Support: Bushing
Servos for RC Hs-82m10

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:31 am

The HS-81 and 82 are unnecessarily large for most 1/2A planes in my experience. Both their own weight and their current draw will contribute to a larger weight of the plane.

The HS-65HB are a more suitable size and they have strong gears. The HS-55 on the other hand is only for indoor foamies...
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:38 am

Surfer_kris wrote:The HS-81 and 82 are unnecessarily large for most 1/2A planes in my experience. Both their own weight and their current draw will contribute to a larger weight of the plane.

The HS-65HB are a more suitable size and they have strong gears. The HS-55 on the other hand is only for indoor foamies...

It is probable that the HS 65, is a servo optimum in the current conditions and possibilities of today, but it is not available here.
The HS 82 is a relatively small servo, equivalent to the weight of 2 units of TG9 and therefore given the size and size of ailerons that owns my model, will adapt perfectly.
Previously on 1 / 2A models already came prepared for very large servants, since this variety of small servos did not exist with great benefits, such is the case of this model Qikie 00, which indicates using a standard servo of 3.5 kg for ailerons, even the space to accommodate it is immense.
In my case, I will only use a servo almost the same as a TG9, but with a much higher strength and quality, therefore the consumption will be compounded, it will only be a single servo in the model, the rest remain TG9 for elevator, rudder and motor. I am sure it will give me many satisfactions and tranquility of flight. I will be sharing the experience!

[b]This is a Qikie 00, model 1 / 2A, the manufacturer indicates using a standard 3.5 kg servo for ailerons, look at the central wing housing!

Last edited by MauricioB on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 am

MauricioB wrote:
It is probable that the HS 65, is a servo optimum in the current conditions and possibilities of today, but it is not available here.

Have you tried ebay or on-line stores? Those are the only source these days...
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:11 am

Surfer_kris wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

Have you tried ebay or on-line stores? Those are the only source these days...

Thanks Kris ... I finally bought the Hitec 82MG that were available here in my place and they could quickly deliver them to me.
Put one of them on the ailerons of my model Cox Stylo, yesterday I went to fly and demanded the model in strong snaps, barrels left and right ful ful and this servant responded satisfactorily, making the flight in all maneuvers, something totally safe.
I was able to control usage times and consults in general, here the detail of the result:

Servos for RC Dsc02911

Number of flights: 6
Flight time: 6.40 minutes each = 38.4 minutes.
Servos Installed:
Engine: TG9
Lift: TG9
Rudder: TG9
Aileron: Hitec HS 82 MG
Mah consumed Totals in 38.4 minutes: 189 mah, around 31.5 mah for each flight.
(Values that depend on the type of flight and movements in each flight)
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down