Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Cox_ba12

Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Empty
Live on Patrol

Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea ....

Go down

Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Empty Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea ....

Post  MauricioB Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:17 am

A submarine of our strength has been lost, there is an intense search to find it.
In him there are 44 people (military), it has been lost for 7 days. Many countries are collaborating of their own will, ADMIRABLE and worthy of ALL RESPECT, among them You: strength of the USA, also Great Britain, France, Norway, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Peru and Colombia.
I leave some photos and we hope that the news will be good soon.
From here my thanks to all those people and countries that collaborate to rescue these people.

Some images:
Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Eeuu10
Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Brityy10
Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... 16492810

Link:
https://www.clarin.com/sociedad/submarino-ara-san-juan-paises-participan-busqueda_0_H1Cg0tZgz.html
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Empty Re: Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea ....

Post  rsv1cox Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 am

I have been following this closely ever since the first news reports came in days ago. Us Navy guys stick together in times of distress.

Seems the first female Submariner officer is aboard too.

I hope for the best for you and your country for it's recovery.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea .... Empty Re: Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea ....

Post  fit90 Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:42 am

rsv1cox wrote:I have been following this closely ever since the first news reports came in days ago.  Us Navy guys stick together in times of distress.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I didn't know you are a former navy guy. What did you do? I was a signal man.

I am definitely praying for a safe recovery of the full crew, and the boat , too, if possible. It takes a special kind of strength and bravery to serve on a sub.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 pm

fit90 wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:I have been following this closely ever since the first news reports came in days ago.  Us Navy guys stick together in times of distress.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I didn't know you are a former navy guy. What did you do? I was a signal man.

I am definitely praying for a safe recovery of the full crew, and the boat , too, if possible. It takes a special kind of strength and bravery to serve on a sub.

I was a Training Devices Technician (TD).  We trained Naval and Marine Aviators in Navigation, Flight procedures, and Emergency procedures mostly using flight simulators housed in large trailers similar in size to what the 18 wheelers of today carry around.  We also trained "Black shoe" (sea going) sailors in the same environments using large buildings especially made for that use.  

I feel for those Argentine sailors.  The Russian Kursk comes to mind. I am so glad that we sent state-of-the-art help.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Good Lord.. I hadn't heard about this until this posting. I pray that the crew is still safe and the ship can be located. Have there been any distress "pings" that would give an approximate location/depth?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 pm

The very disturbing part of this problem Is ----I assume ----"IF"   the sailors were alive, they would be routinely making a lot of noise

When I briefly had to design and produce a very specific "boot" for a US Navy sonar array. I had to have a clearance and get briefed on the capability and operation of the system

Can not talk about frequencies or ranges but can say ( cuz I looked it up on google) that the sensitivity is very good and real capable of accurate, long range acquisition...

I also assume that all the country's/services looking have very similar capabilities

All the movies you ever saw about subs and sonar detection are loosely based on real capability... : IE determining exactly what class and name of enemy sub.  differentiating between a "Bio Logic" (whale) or man made noise..

Because my design was approved, and my company made them, I was forced..to go out for the sea trail acceptance test...Ironic that I later had a career in Testing

What I am trying to say is the current state of the Art SONAR/Computer technology is so good ---ANY Metal on metal---random ---or MORSE code type banging, is very easy to detect and find....from a very long distance away

I pray for a, now approaching last minuet, save ------but fear the worst...sorry

Truth is with the older diesel generation sub designs there are just too many failure modes that can cause total crew in-capitation....

Early detection* and proper mitigation can save a crew--- but there are several events that are so fast and catastrophic** that it is a miracle need to survive

*Chem Agent/Carbon Di-Oxide, fuel fume, and Fire sensors
** Weapons system un-commanded detonation inside the sub
** Chain reaction Battery thermal run away event

Last edited by fredvon4 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:14 am

As a former Submariner, I've been watching this from the beginning. Morbid fascination, I guess.

The Bubblehead Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:30 am

Sorry to hear this my friend , A lot of help there from helpful countries . I also pray for the best of their return .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:41 am

So Sorry to hear this. Hoping for the Best
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Reports coming in that at about the same time as communications were lost there was a "noise" detected, possibly an explosion. Doesn't sound good at all. Sad
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:Reports coming in that at about the same time as communications were lost there was a "noise" detected, possibly an explosion.  Doesn't sound good at all. Sad

That is heart breaking! There are so many "listening" devices through out the worlds' oceans that most catastrophic incidents would have been heard. What ever happened, I am still praying for what is best for the crew of the sub.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Mauricio, I am sorry for the tragedy your nation is going through. I am not a big believer in miracles, but it would require a miracle for those fine people to still be alive Sad  Only possibility that I can think of is that the submarine crew *wanted* to disappear, that is, wanted to hide from the searchers, but I don't think that is very likely.

For the sake of the crew I hope it happened quickly. I think it must have been either an explosion, fire or a structural failure of the hull. Maybe even a collision with either a surface ship or another sub.

My thoughts are with the loved ones of those 44 fine people that disappeared while serving their country, and with the search crews that are risking their own lives in attempt to save others.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 pm

From here as an Argentine, my thanks to the entire international community that is in search of this submarine.
Surely they will receive reports of the situation in their countries through different means of communication.
Thanks to all the countries in the world that offer all that strength and all the goodwill of their PEOPLE to help.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:40 am

I am so sorry to learn the developments and hope for the best of the crew and their families.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 am

I also, am hoping for the best.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down