Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Cox_ba12

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Simple Gliders
by getback Today at 7:13 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by getback Today at 6:24 am

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by getback Today at 6:23 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Empty
Live on Patrol

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line."

Go down

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Empty Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line."

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:14 am

Besides MG parts, my ebay excursions are usually limited to titles like "Enya engines", and "Cox Engines."  I know that others here have their "secret" maybe more productive ebay search themes.

I just kicked around the first few pages of "Control Line" and found this Deweybird for a reasonable $23.99 + shipping that reminds me a lot of roddies Flying Blind build, especially the flowing canopy into the turtle deck, so I will probably add this kit to my collection.

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Dewey_10

But what really caught my attention was all the kit and home builts available. Especially this collection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-VINTAGE-CONTROL-LINE-U-C-MODEL-AIRPLANES-GAS-POWERED-061-DAMAGED-HOMEMADE/332458530582?hash=item4d68129716:g:aw4AAOSwUwFaFawD

In the past, I have found, bought, and repaired worse but they appear within my Enya and Cox searches.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Empty Re: Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line."

Post  roddie Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:58 am

Bob, I'd recommend buying that Deweybird kit direct from Sig. I looked at the eBay link for it (I think it was same link that you saw, for $23.99) and it states that the parts are in a plastic bag and there is NO BOX. There was no picture of what's actually being sold. If someone re-packed the parts in a plastic bag, some parts could be missing.. or gotten broken. Once a kit is unpacked from its original box.. it's no longer safe from damage.. especially if being sent through the mail.

I wouldn't want to see you get stuck with a bad deal..  Mad  

"SIG" sells that kit for $2.00 LESS... in a SEALED BOX.

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/IndexText/FSIGCL15.html?E+Sig
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Empty Re: Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line."

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks roddie, forgot all about SIG. Put in my password and up pops the Deweybird and the Beech Staggerwing. Decisions, decisions. I love Bipes.

Someday I'm going to grab Mark, find a big field and fly and probably crash most (25 to 30) of my plastic/foam/balsa C/L and R/C models. Bucket list them. Any skills I once had are lost due to zero practice over the past 35/40 years. But it will be fun.

There will only be two survivors. My P-38 and my Black Hawk Mosquito. Oh, and maybe my Ringmaster Jr.

Wow, Just thought, wouldn't it be great to get every CEF contributor here to help us out. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 am

Hey Bob, Just to give Mark a break, I’d fill in as your Pitman! Otherwise, I’d keep busy turning hotdogs or steaks on the grille, and stirring the Chile. Let me know when and where. Thanksgiving Dinner
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:34 am

Smile Smile

First nice day in May when the March winds have died down and the snow is gone.

Got a grill out back. All I need to do is cut down a bunch of trees and we could do it right here. Smile

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." By_00210

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 am

There was a recent thread (entitled; "double sigh") where Sig was having a Black-Friday sale on kits. You probably could've gotten that Deweybird or Staggerwing for even cheaper. Sad

Interesting that the Deweybird reminded you of my "Flying Blind" Speed model! That's pretty cool Bob!

As for the "Staggerwing", I'm a huge bipe-fan too! Jim Roselle (jpvelo) "scratch-built" one from a scaled 3-wiew drawing, for the 2nd CEF Speed Contest. I still drool when looking at the photos..

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Rcppix10
Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." B0bc6j10
Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Nfcbam10
Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Q27q0o10

When you're ready to have that "C/L flying-outing"... be sure to have at least one airplane that's capable of aerobatics. Have Mark fly it first to check its performance. You can then fly it.. and take it right up into a figure-eight pattern where you can stand-still without the worry of getting dizzy. Just one successful flight will put you into stunt-building mode! I wish I had a yard the size of yours!!!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Beautiful model roddie.  As I recall, Jim made another for a special event.  I don't remember it's name but it was white and gorgeous. A Bipe I think.

I only have one "Stunter".  A Sterling P-40 I made eons ago.  First and only model that I ever flew inverted with intentional figure 8's.  I flew it for years and rebuilt it a couple of times.  Featured it here before.

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." P-40_110

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Airpla10

I was a little short with my 25 - 30 estimate.  Actually took the time to count them - 42 powered (fuel/electric) ready to fly right now models and a few more that might need some work.  I would need the R/C guys on the sticks - Kim, Maurico etc. and everybody else on the lines.... Smile  I would do the heavy looking on and help Rene with the Bar-B-que  Smile

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Airpla11

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Bob

I have stopped deliberately doing many e-bay searches...especially obscure ones... there is an amazing amount of stuff poorly categorized....hint

I have way too MUCH STUFF right now, and even at that, adding more soon

Very soon I will further exceed my Hanger space and trying desperately to slow down.... the only way is to NOT freaquing search around...too many temptations....grrrr

I keep seeing in this, and many of your other posts, the vast array of YOUR collections...
Your engines, your planes, and your guns... not to mention the car and MC restorations...

I have dozens of unfinished projects... and no way...even if I could get dedicated would my 62 year old butt accumulate a collection rivaling yours...with a 20 year head start...grin

ya old fart

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:11 pm

rsv1cox wrote:

Wow, Just thought, wouldn't it be great to get every CEF contributor here to help us out.  Smile  

Bob

Man...pick out a date next year so I can write it in my book...and I'll head east!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Today would have been great. 60 degrees, severe clear and just a very light wind.

I have 6 acres but not enough room between trees for even 50' lines.  But Mark has no trouble flying his little R/C foamies.

There is a utility field behind the local firehouse that's used for Fairs, Soccer events etc. but it's frequently in use and next to houses.  No local clubs to speak of.  Let me search out something suitable and we'll set a date.  Hopefully it would coincide with one of Fred's WV trips.  There isn't much space in WV that isn't Forrest.  

WV, America's most wooded State.

I would like to see this electric B-25 in the air. I have taxied it around and lifted it off but that's it.

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." B-25_e12
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 pm

If it's OK to ask, what major city are you near? Messing with my GPS
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:21 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Smile Smile

Got a grill out back.  All I need to do is cut down a bunch of trees and we could do it right here.  Smile

Bob

"Have Chainsaw, Will Travel"
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Kim wrote:

Got a grill out back.  All I need to do is cut down a bunch of trees and we could do it right here.  Smile

Bob

Gotta be 18" or better Kim.  Smile  That's Ok, I have a couple.

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Tree_d10

Amazing what happens when you tap in "Control Line." Tree_d11

We are about 25 miles West of Winchester Virginia Kim.  Neat little Civil war era town.  Nearest motel is a Mom & Pop about 15 miles away, but I have three spare bedrooms.  

Pack your favorite flight box and come on over.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
Kim wrote:

Bob

Gotta be 18" or better Kim.  Smile  That's Ok, I have a couple.

We are about 25 miles West of Winchester Virginia Kim.  Neat little Civil war era town.  Nearest motel is a Mom & Pop about 15 miles away, but I have three spare bedrooms.  

Pack your favorite flight box and come on over.

Bob

Thanks !!! Looking at it!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:53 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Bob

I keep seeing in this, and many of your other posts, the vast array of YOUR collections...
Your engines, your planes, and your guns... not to mention the car and MC restorations...

I have dozens of unfinished projects... and no way...even if I could get dedicated would my 62 year old butt accumulate a collection rivaling yours...with a 20 year head start...grin

ya old fart

Ha, you and many others here could put what I have to shame. Lot's of ordinary here, little extra ordinary.

Takes one to know one pardner. Smile Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down