Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Select Hobbies. Cox_ba12

Select Hobbies. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Select Hobbies. Empty
Live on Patrol

Select Hobbies.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help! Select Hobbies.

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Good evening friends, I am making an order to Select Hobbies, I do not receive an answer, is the forum part of this firm ?, someone has contact ?, I need some spare parts.
Mr. Jacob, you indicated this signature, do you have any information?
Thank you.
I need this:
Cylinder and piston Cox .020
Select Hobbies. Cilind10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: Select Hobbies.

Post  Tee Bee Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Mauricio, Steve "skaliwag" Adams is the proprieter of Select Hobbies.  It's a 1-man business that he runs on the side, so there may be a slight delay in response.  If you don't hear back soon, email him directly at sgadams@onebox.com.  I know he's had some issues with his web site lately.  I stay in touch with him often so let me know if yku can't reach him.

I'm quite sure that he doesn't have any .020 piston/cylinder sets for sale. They are very hard to find now.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Tee Bee wrote:Mauricio, Steve "skaliwag" Adams is the proprieter of Select Hobbies.  It's a 1-man business that he runs on the side, so there may be a slight delay in response.  If you don't hear back soon, email him directly at sgadams@onebox.com.  I know he's had some issues with his web site lately.  I stay in touch with him often so let me know if yku can't reach him.

I'm quite sure that he doesn't have any .020 piston/cylinder sets for sale.  They are very hard to find now.

Thanks Tee Bee, I am informing IMMEDIATELY to the people who make the service to buy me the spare parts, to the email address that you pass to me, if I do not have an answer I will be bothering you friend to see if you can let him know that from here we want to do a purchase of approximately US $ 220.
Thank you! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Tee Bee wrote:
I'm quite sure that he doesn't have any .020 piston/cylinder sets for sale.  They are very hard to find now.

Sad Sad Sad ...I will have to find another solution then, anyway I will wait about 5 days for your answer.
Thank you!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 pm

If someone has a new piston and cylinder to offer Cox .020, let me know.

Thank you!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Tee Bee wrote:

Yeah, I don't run his site. LOL

Unless you know for sure. Wait and see what he (Steve) says about having the .020 cylinder/piston in stock. I've noticed that he does update the prices/availability on his site. I haven't ordered from him in more than a few years, but the few times I did, the transaction went smoothly.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 pm

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l2632.R2.TR3.TRC1.A0.H1.XCox+.020.TRS0&_nkw=cox+.020&_sacat=2562

You will have to buy a whole Pee Wee to get the piston cylinder from it maybe find a good price for one.
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:12 am

Admin wrote:
Tee Bee wrote:

Yeah, I don't run his site. LOL

Unless you know for sure. Wait and see what he (Steve) says about having the .020 cylinder/piston in stock. I've noticed that he does update the prices/availability on his site. I haven't ordered from him in more than a few years, but the few times I did, the transaction went smoothly.

We are going to wait a few days if we receive a response from Mr. Steve, after that, and in case it does not exist, I will look for another solution.
Thank you.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:14 am

1/2A Nut wrote:https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l2632.R2.TR3.TRC1.A0.H1.XCox+.020.TRS0&_nkw=cox+.020&_sacat=2562

You will have to buy a whole Pee Wee to get the piston cylinder from it maybe find a good price for one.

Hello friend, yes, I thought about an entire engine, but I'm sorry to disarm it to remove parts, I'm trying to see if it is possible to get the cylinder and piston, otherwise, I will follow what you indicate me surely.
A hug.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:08 pm

It IS a painful process to disable an otherwise good engine to rob it of it's parts.  Over the years, I've been left with too many good bottom ends missing their cylinders and pistons.  A sad reflection of the state of our hobby.  I've been considering moving all my disabled/parts missing but otherwise good engines to their own storage box so I don't have to be reminded of their condition as often.  Smile
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Help! RE:Select Hobbies

Post  66 Malibu Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Mauricio,
I can say that Steve Adams at Select Hobbies is one of the best vendors (like Bernie and Matt) that you can buy from.
I have bought a number of parts and kits from him and his website with no problems at all.
I believe there is a huge shortfall of Cox .020 parts probably worldwide and you buy them where you can.
By shortfall, I'm talking moving parts like crankshafts, rods, pistons, and their matching cylinders.
About 8 or 9 years ago when a CEF member here in Atlanta stumbled into the remaining Cox R&D inventory (which also was evidently the customer repair center), there were virtually none of the .020 moving parts including cylinders in the pile. I know, because I probably had the first real look at all of it.
Glow heads for .020 were non existent also.
I got a prototype Pee Wee .020 Sure Start work number #2 from the mess and that was deep in what looked like trash.
Today, I looked to see if I had a spare .020 piston/rod/cyl because of your need and I have 3 sets but I have also 5 Pee Wee crank case assemblies and 2 TD .020 crankcase assemblies to fit them on. So a shortage for me too. Sorry...
Like TEE BEE and Jacob said those .020 parts are rarer than rocking horse manure here too.
Steve...........
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  halfpilot Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Off topic but, as an 020 addict, I would love to see a photo of the 020 sure start you mention, Steve. Perhaps more appropriate and more visible in its own forum topic though.

Thanks,
Simon
halfpilot
halfpilot
Formerly known as:
ThermalSniffer

Formerly known as:ThermalSniffer

Back to top Go down

Help! RE:Select Hobbies

Post  66 Malibu Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Simon,
My computer skills are not quite there yet to post pics but I'll get one of the kids to help and get something out..

Steve...
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 am

Tee Bee wrote:Mauricio, Steve "skaliwag" Adams is the proprieter of Select Hobbies.  It's a 1-man business that he runs on the side, so there may be a slight delay in response.  If you don't hear back soon, email him directly at sgadams@onebox.com.  I know he's had some issues with his web site lately.  I stay in touch with him often so let me know if yku can't reach him.

Tee Bee, we still have not received any response from Mr. Steve, if you have contact please, tell him that we are from here trying to communicate with him.
For reasons that you can not easily get 020 parts, I went out to buy some engine that was on the web.
Meanwhile, I'm still interested in any spare parts I might have in stock, Mr. Steve.
Thank you! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 am

66 Malibu wrote:Mauricio,
I can say that Steve Adams at Select Hobbies is one of the best vendors (like Bernie and Matt) that you can buy from.
I have bought a number of parts and kits from him and his website with no problems at all.
I believe there is a huge shortfall of Cox .020 parts probably worldwide and you buy them where you can.
By shortfall, I'm talking moving parts like crankshafts, rods, pistons, and their matching cylinders.
About 8 or 9 years ago when a CEF member here in Atlanta stumbled into the remaining Cox R&D inventory (which also was evidently the customer repair center), there were virtually none of the .020 moving parts including cylinders in the pile. I know, because I probably had the first real look at all of it.
Glow heads for .020 were non existent also.
I got a prototype Pee Wee .020 Sure Start work number #2 from the mess and that was deep in what looked like trash.
Today, I looked to see if I had a spare .020 piston/rod/cyl because of your need and I have 3 sets but I have also 5 Pee Wee crank case assemblies and 2 TD .020 crankcase assemblies to fit them on. So a shortage for me too. Sorry...
Like TEE BEE and Jacob said those .020 parts are rarer than rocking horse manure here too.
Steve...........

Thank you very much for taking the time to verify. Do not worry, it would be the same for me, only if it was left over and I would not use it, then I would sell it. Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:53 am

Tee Bee wrote:It IS a painful process to disable an otherwise good engine to rob it of it's parts.  Over the years, I've been left with too many good bottom ends missing their cylinders and pistons.  A sad reflection of the state of our hobby.  I've been considering moving all my disabled/parts missing but otherwise good engines to their own storage box so I don't have to be reminded of their condition as often.  Smile

That's true, but that's the way things are, here you get enough of .049, but of .020 there is practically nothing and what there is, you have to check it with a magnifying glass!
A hug friend. RC Plane
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:16 pm

I emailed him several days ago to let him know customers were trying to reach him. I haven't received a response either. That's unusual. He usually replies sooner. I'm going to assume everything is well with him. Maybe he's out of town or just too busy to log into his computer. I've stayed in fairly regular contact with him in the last few months as I was discussing the building and flying if my Sliver project which he designed.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Tee Bee wrote:I emailed him several days ago to let him know customers were trying to reach him.  I haven't received a response either.  That's unusual.  He usually replies sooner.  I'm going to assume everything is well with him.  Maybe he's out of town or just too busy to log into his computer.  I've stayed in fairly regular contact with him in the last few months as I was discussing the building and flying if my Sliver project which he designed.

Ok, thank you very much! We wait a little longer to see if there is an answer, otherwise I will have to keep looking on the web bounce
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Bought an item from Steve this evening he responded to my email and
clued me in on the upcoming year on some things.

Can confirm this email address is working for him: sgadams@onebox.com.

Beer Cheers

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:56 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:Bought an item from Steve this evening he responded to my email and
clued me in on the upcoming year on some things.

Can confirm this email address is working for him: sgadams@onebox.com.

Beer Cheers

Thanks Brad ...
I have some parts that need piston, cylinder and crank, they deserve to work and deliver joy !! Beer Cheers sunny ... or not? Paranoid
(Sorry for the dirt on my nail, but it is polishing paste ... after preparing the work of aluminum back plates!) Very Happy Select Hobbies. Dsc03136
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 am

What is the weight of your back plate do you recall?
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:25 am

1/2A Nut wrote:What is the weight of your back plate do you recall?

Friend never weigh the piece, but here is a picture for you ........

7 Grs // Oz 0.25

Select Hobbies. Dsc03137
Select Hobbies. Dsc03138
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:01 am

Small Cox Logo Thank you Very Happy
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:35 am

I just answered Mr. Steve from Selec Hobbies !, I already made a reservation !! (3 Sets), piston - connecting rod, cylinder and glow plug! (among other things!) Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks to everyone for helping me get these parts, it was not good to see a motor scourge, it's not the time to let them die!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:45 pm

That's great. Glad he had the parts for you. Put them to good use, Mauricio! Smile
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next