Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Cox_ba12

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 6:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 3:32 am

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Today at 3:18 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Today at 3:10 am

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Today at 2:18 am

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 1:53 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 1:56 pm

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 4:14 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Empty
Live on Patrol

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........

Go down

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Empty Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........

Post  rsv1cox Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:35 pm

I have broken a self-imposed rule.....never again sell any model engines. Just listed these on ebay. No Cox engines included.

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Model_16

I'm not encouraging any of my CEF Buds to bid on these mostly losers, (cause I know there are several ebay Hawks here) but there are a few in there well worth the price of my opening figure. But, should anyone here be foolish enough to bid and win I will send you a couple of guaranteed runners, gratis.

I'm not sure why I'm selling. I got to looking at my engine wall pictured here before and thought - what a bad idea. These were engines that I did not clean (I was swamped for awhile) and just screwed them to 1X2's hung on my loft wall gathering dust. So yesterday I unscrewed them all, culled the best and ebayed the rest. No Cox though. Got them in a box for future cleaning and mounting.

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Loft_a11

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Model_15

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Model_17

This little Cox caught my attention, a screen-less venturi, thin wall, no marking on the tank and a Wen-Mac Prop.

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Model_14

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Model_13
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Empty Re: Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........

Post  fredvon4 Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Bob.... as I accumulated on binges for a while, I ended up with a bunch of crud and a bunch for good stuff...

The one son who I am sure when retired will fondle, run, and nostalgically use some of this stuff is in the will

BUT there is so much STUFF he does not need to even catalog...dispose of or sell

Later this year or early next I am re-purposing the large RV cover into a giant tall airplane shop

I have an over anal inventory of all this stuff in MS Excel that I have started noting sale lots

This last year I slowly liquidate a few engine and kits mostly to guys looking for some item I really was never going to use

jest sayin I hear you

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Empty Re: Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........

Post  rsv1cox Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Yeah, It's a tug Fred...I don't need to sell anything, but sometimes the sheer magnitude is overwhelming.

This is the tip of the Iceberg. That is an early picture of my "engine wall", by the time I finished there was no more room on those boards to house even one more engine.

I'm not even going to my Enya's, McCoys, Cox, Hollands, and on and on. I still have boxes of serviceable Testors, OK's, and Wen's. I'm not giving up, just teetering a little. Smile

That RV cover must be huge. Build in the sides and you will have an enormous amount of space that you will want to fill with more stuff. Stuff just happens. Bob...........
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi there. Could you post a link, so I can see what it is at? I may be interested as I am looking for an old project engine or two to clean up and play with to pass the winter blues, and not brand specific by any means. Please do not take this wrong, I LOVE Cox engines, but I like the odd ugly duckling! And I like small engines. Thank you.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:08 pm

That is an early babe bee with the bright back plate. It may have a 3 piece piston. Can tell without having to take the cylinder off by just removing the tank. If it has an aluminum con rod its a 3 piece piston. It has the wrong glow head on it though.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

NEW222 wrote:Hi there. Could you post a link, so I can see what it is at? I may be interested as I am looking for an old project engine or two to clean up and play with to pass the winter blues, and not brand specific by any means. Please do not take this wrong, I LOVE Cox engines, but I like the odd ugly duckling! And I like small engines. Thank you.

PM'd you the link.

Already has two bids. Somebody loves them. Good luck.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Jason_WI wrote:That is an early babe bee with the bright back plate. It may have a 3 piece piston. Can tell without having to take the cylinder off by just removing the tank. If it has an aluminum con rod its a 3 piece piston. It has the wrong glow head on it though.

Thanks Jason, I will take a look.  I did notice the incorrect for the era glow head.  I think it should look more like the one that came on my Cox tether car.

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Tether18

Hmmm, maybe not. Got a picture?

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 pm

Here is an early one I cleaned up the other week.

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ 8791a110
Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Ce1ece10
Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Ac6b7f10
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:48 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I have broken a self-imposed rule.....never again sell any model engines.  Just listed these on ebay.  No Cox engines included.

I can't tell. Would there happen to be a Spitfire with the throttle plate anywhere in there?

The Blind Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm

batjac wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:I have broken a self-imposed rule.....never again sell any model engines.  Just listed these on ebay.  No Cox engines included.

I can't tell.  Would there happen to be a Spitfire with the throttle plate anywhere in there?

The Blind Mark

There are a couple of throttled Wen-Macs Mark, one complete except for the needle, however there are needles in some others that could be swapped.  The pull-string does not work. No Royal Spitfires or Spitzys.

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Wen_tp10

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Wen_tp12

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Wen_tp13

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Wen_tp11

Back when I was buying engines by the gross, and bye bye engine wall........ Wen_tp14

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down