Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2018
Kim's

"War Dog hauls the 2M B.O.T. out of Uncle Wayne's backyard"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

BW piston/cylinder ?

Go down

BW piston/cylinder ?

Post  oldguy on Wed May 23, 2018 8:23 pm

oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BW piston/cylinder ?

Post  Ken Cook on Wed May 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Joe Klausse was the owner of KK Kustom Kraftmanship in which he sold high performance Cox related engines and accessories. Dale Kirn originally started and owned the KK business. Dale developed many high performance parts. In this situation, the piston and cylinder were more than likely lapped allowing for a tight fit at TDC and the bottom end is loose. This allows for higher rpm's and less drag. Many times, he would purchase blank cylinders and machine them to exact blueprint standards.
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oldguy on Thu May 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Ken Cook wrote:Joe Klausse was the owner of KK Kustom Kraftmanship in which he sold high performance Cox related engines and accessories. Dale Kirn originally started and owned the KK business. Dale developed many high performance parts. In this situation, the piston and cylinder were more than likely lapped allowing for a tight fit at TDC and the bottom end is loose. This allows for higher rpm's and less drag. Many times, he would purchase blank cylinders and machine them to exact blueprint standards.

Thanks Ken for the info. So this BW set from KK kustom might be better than a stock BW set?
oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook on Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 pm

I can't speak for this one directly. Dan Sitter is the seller and he has a good reputation. However, the item is in generic packaging and it's next to impossible to say yes this is a true KK product. Ideally a KK product was typically the best of the best. I have had $4 Sure Start engines run circles around some of my best runners. It's a crap shoot with Cox engines.
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oldguy on Thu May 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Ken Cook wrote:       I can't speak for this one directly. Dan Sitter is the seller and he has a good reputation. However, the item is in generic packaging and it's next to impossible to say yes this is a true KK product. Ideally a KK product was typically the best of the best. I have had $4 Sure Start engines run circles around some of my best runners. It's a crap shoot with Cox engines.  

Gotcha, thanks.
oldguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down