Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox Bee ID
by NEW222 Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» The Cars are the Stars Contest.
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» Aurora Tornado .049
by NEW222 Yesterday at 9:05 pm

» Open COX speed event with prizes out to 3rd place in 2 categories
by Marleysky Yesterday at 9:00 pm

» Tether car setup.
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 6:41 pm

» Buick Riviera
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» TeeDee 051 carb sleeve replacement
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Display stands
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 4:19 pm

» Large Cox Parts Lot
by jmcalata Yesterday at 1:50 pm

» What Cox engine is this?
by Jenuine Motor Yesterday at 12:29 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
December-2018
Dave P.'s

"RC Tee Dee 049"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Go down

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Post  Kim on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 pm

From my Facebook Page:

---------Mission Accomplished!!!!--------------
---At Least The First Part of The Mission---

After several decades of sitting out in the elements, Olmsted's beleaguered Putt-Putt is now under roof!

The Olmsted Historical Society was out early today, moving the Putt-Putt to a space in the Depot where we'll start bringing it back to some of it's former glory...or at least as glorious as a little Putt-Putt can get!

This followed a pretty concerted effort to clear a lot of stuff that had been crowding the Depot's storage area.

AND...the ROOF of the the little rail service car----long thought to have left the country---was found leaning against the storage room wall with some other stuff!!!!!!!!!!! SCORE !!!!!!!!

Tom and David also did some work on the caboose, while I crawled around on the ground, trying to get a photo of the manufacturer's date stamp on the sides of the rails it's sitting on. (Looks like 'Carnegie' 1898 !!!!)

So, a good day, and more to come!!!!!

https://www.thevintagenews.com/…/andrew-carnegie-the-railr…/

Last edited by Kim on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Post  rsv1cox on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Wonderful pictorial Kim, but it's missing a picture.  I would love to see you guys loading Putt-Putt into that bucket!  Smile

Carnegie!  Andrew what a guy.  Sent me to Mr. Google.  Rags to riches.  Railroad connection starting out at the bottom.  Billions, upon Billions.  Gave away 90% of his wealth.  Respect.  Putt putt is honored to bear his name.  Should be also on the biggest of the Big Boys.

Bob
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Post  Kim on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Wonderful pictorial Kim, but it's missing a picture.  I would love to see you guys loading Putt-Putt into that bucket!  Smile

Bob

Hey Bob!

I was thinking the same at the time, but couldn't find anyone to take the photos when I quit slacking off and pitched in to help!

It DID get bound up when we tried to release it, and bent the windshield frame a bit, but we'll fix it !!!

Putt-Putt Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:22 pm

Kim wrote:
It DID get bound up when we tried to release it, and bent the windshield frame a bit, but we'll fix it !!!

Putt-Putt Kim

Yep, I guessed the damage in the second last picture (which wasn't there before) just about matched the top edge of the bucket. Darn!! Mad
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:35 pm

Wow. That would be a nice fun restoration. Hope you all have fun doing it! And looking forward to your documentries along the way. Oops. Sorry Kim, did I just volunteer you to take more pictures and post them?????? Shocked
NEW222
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:24 am

NEW222 wrote:Wow. That would be a nice fun restoration. Hope you all have fun doing it! And looking forward to your documentries along the way. Oops. Sorry Kim, did I just volunteer you to take more pictures and post them?????? Shocked

Oh, they'll happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:31 am

rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:14 am

Cool , glad ya'll could get the restoration under way . It should bee alot of fun and some work to get it going again, don't this one have a hit and miss engine in it ? Crazy Eyes
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 am

getback wrote:Cool , glad ya'll could get the restoration under way . It should bee alot of fun and some work to get it going again, don't this one have a hit and miss engine in it ? Crazy Eyes

I think that it really doesn't go Putt putt. Maybe huff and puff as you work that handle back and forth?
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Well maybe if you had beans for breakfast affraid
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down