Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Cox_ba12

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by roddie Today at 4:33 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by latole Today at 4:28 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Empty
Live on Patrol

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Go down

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Empty OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Post  Kim Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 pm

From my Facebook Page:

---------Mission Accomplished!!!!--------------
---At Least The First Part of The Mission---

After several decades of sitting out in the elements, Olmsted's beleaguered Putt-Putt is now under roof!

The Olmsted Historical Society was out early today, moving the Putt-Putt to a space in the Depot where we'll start bringing it back to some of it's former glory...or at least as glorious as a little Putt-Putt can get!

This followed a pretty concerted effort to clear a lot of stuff that had been crowding the Depot's storage area.

AND...the ROOF of the the little rail service car----long thought to have left the country---was found leaning against the storage room wall with some other stuff!!!!!!!!!!! SCORE !!!!!!!!

Tom and David also did some work on the caboose, while I crawled around on the ground, trying to get a photo of the manufacturer's date stamp on the sides of the rails it's sitting on. (Looks like 'Carnegie' 1898 !!!!)

So, a good day, and more to come!!!!!

https://www.thevintagenews.com/…/andrew-carnegie-the-railr…/

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 0_015

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 5_26

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 6_24

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 7_27

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 8_23

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 9_18

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 10_18

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 11_20

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 53_10

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" 60_12

Last edited by Kim on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Empty Re: OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Post  rsv1cox Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Wonderful pictorial Kim, but it's missing a picture.  I would love to see you guys loading Putt-Putt into that bucket!  Smile

Carnegie!  Andrew what a guy.  Sent me to Mr. Google.  Rags to riches.  Railroad connection starting out at the bottom.  Billions, upon Billions.  Gave away 90% of his wealth.  Respect.  Putt putt is honored to bear his name.  Should be also on the biggest of the Big Boys.

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Big_bo10

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" P7040010

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Empty Re: OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt"

Post  Kim Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Wonderful pictorial Kim, but it's missing a picture.  I would love to see you guys loading Putt-Putt into that bucket!  Smile

Bob

Hey Bob!

I was thinking the same at the time, but couldn't find anyone to take the photos when I quit slacking off and pitched in to help!

It DID get bound up when we tried to release it, and bent the windshield frame a bit, but we'll fix it !!!

Putt-Putt Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:22 pm

Kim wrote:
It DID get bound up when we tried to release it, and bent the windshield frame a bit, but we'll fix it !!!

Putt-Putt Kim

Yep, I guessed the damage in the second last picture (which wasn't there before) just about matched the top edge of the bucket. Darn!! Mad
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:35 pm

Wow. That would be a nice fun restoration. Hope you all have fun doing it! And looking forward to your documentries along the way. Oops. Sorry Kim, did I just volunteer you to take more pictures and post them?????? Shocked
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:24 am

NEW222 wrote:Wow. That would be a nice fun restoration. Hope you all have fun doing it! And looking forward to your documentries along the way. Oops. Sorry Kim, did I just volunteer you to take more pictures and post them?????? Shocked

Oh, they'll happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:31 am

OK...WAY Off-Topic---but I think it's cool, so..."Saving Olmsted's Putt-Putt" Veloci10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:14 am

Cool , glad ya'll could get the restoration under way . It should bee alot of fun and some work to get it going again, don't this one have a hit and miss engine in it ? Crazy Eyes
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 am

getback wrote:Cool , glad ya'll could get the restoration under way . It should bee alot of fun and some work to get it going again, don't this one have a hit and miss engine in it ? Crazy Eyes

I think that it really doesn't go Putt putt. Maybe huff and puff as you work that handle back and forth?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Well maybe if you had beans for breakfast Affraid or WOW!
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down