Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Fox .15 piston pin - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Fox .15 piston pin - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by ffkiwi Today at 4:43 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by 1/2A Nut Today at 4:32 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by Admin Today at 1:33 am

» Happy Birthday Robert ( Rsv1cox )
by balogh Today at 1:06 am

» Carburetor Sprinkler Rod Peak Tee Dee .049 / .051
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» OS MAX-D
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by getback Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cox .020 PeeWee/TeeDee prop-screw
by getback Yesterday at 7:55 am

» Wanted peewee 20 fuel tank
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:40 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

» Off topic - Tonka dump truck restoration. 10:27
by rsv1cox Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Fox .15 piston pin - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Fox .15 piston pin

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fox .15 piston pin - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox .15 piston pin

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Nice finish work on the Sig Buster, YakNine. The Fox .15-X seems to have found a good home, looks good on the Buster.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  YakNine Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:28 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Nice finish work on the Sig Buster, YakNine. The Fox .15-X seems to have found a good home, looks good on the Buster.
Thanks GG I actually bought it built at our club swap meet to use teaching my daughter how to fly, It had a Thunder Tiger GP .15 on it and it was crazy fast, so I put the Fox on it to slow it down a bit, she made a few flights but got bored with it. I just enjoy flying it I'm just a for fun flyer I can loop and do wingovers, just the basics, but I'm having a ball. TJ
YakNine
YakNine
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Tj, do you know who's plane it was? It looks like Tommy Schaefer's.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:08 pm

You're welcome, YakNine. Then your club has a good builder and finisher. Back in its day, the kit was a Goodyear racer, hence its speed on a Schneurle .15. Today IMO, it would even be a good kit with a Tee Dee or Medallion .049 engine or an A.C. Gilbert .11 Thunderhead. Are you flying it on 50 or 60 foot lines?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  YakNine Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:56 am

Tom actually launched me on New Year's day and commented that he used to fly one of these . I brought this plane because it was so windy. Tom actually flew a Streak with a 36X on a bladder of some sort and it hauled a$$.TJ
YakNine
YakNine
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  YakNine Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 am

GG I fly it on 52 foot lines. TJ
YakNine
YakNine
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am

We race these things, the Buster and Shoestrings, with LA .15s that are club supplied so no one (?) cheats. They are fast enough to make me dizzy for sure on 52 ft. .015" lines. In the 1970s we raced these with the Fox/Enyas in the plain bearing class, and the Supertiger, Rossi and Taipans? in the BB class. Things change and then are the same. It went to Foxberg .35, then LA .25s and now back to these. I kind of like the LA .25 for the grass circles, but I guess they are not sold any more. These .15 size ones tend to break on the landing gear area and don't glide well. Fun though.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am

Just so I can start to get ready to run a Fox .15 or two, for those that have used them for control line, what propellers have you used? I did some reading online and from that it appeared that a 7 x 4 was teh way to go, so I picked one up. However, if someone else recommends another propeller, I will also pick that up as well. Also to note, I am not looking for speed, but rather just a fun sport flier like a Ringmaster, Flite Streak, Platter, Akromaster, etc. Thank you.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  YakNine Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:43 am

The 15X is one of my favorites I have been using JXF 8x4 props from Hobby King I also have used Master Airscrew 8x4 but they require more of a clean up as the molding flash can be quite sharp on them. I hand start them since they have no thrust washers in them . I have been using Omega control line mix 10/22  I usually add a little castor. Glow Devil shorts and Fireball Hot shorts are the plugs I usually run.  I get super tiger needle valves from RSM the one they recommend  for the fox .35, but you have to shim them to center the spray hole in the Venturi. They are a great sport engine. TJ
YakNine
YakNine
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:44 am

The engine turns up better using wood props. I prefer 7" props  and I always fly a .15X using them. A 8" prop loads the engine too much. 7x4, 7x5, 7x6. While TJ recommends a Super Tigre needle assembly, it's WAY larger spraybar over the stock spraybar which takes up a lot of choke area. Your really robbing the engine of power in doing so.

I stand corrected on my spraybar information. The Tiger is darn near the same which would be a far superior choice over the stock Fox due to it being better adjustability
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  YakNine Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 pm

I have a bunch of these engines I am sure if you replaced the tension spring with a piece of fuel line that was just a little longer than needed so it would tension on the back side of the knob it would probably work ok , but I hate getting bit on the backside by just ok , I am a heavy equipment mechanic for the railroad and it's in my blood at this point in life that the best way to kill a snake for certain is to cut off its head, in other words get rid of potential problems before they act up. 9 bucks is cheap insurance for a needle valve. I like how they run with an 8x4 but I know you Philly guys are like Larry Scarinzi you like to fly fast ! I suppose as I get better at flying and don't have to spin around as much I might like going faster I'm still working up the nerve to try my first loop in 35 year's! TJ

Last edited by YakNine on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oh and I forgot I have found that at the Sweet spot on the needle valve it's only catching by 2 or 3 threads and I had one pop out on me while it was runningTJ)
YakNine
YakNine
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2