Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Cox_ba12

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stealth SB-X
by Admin Today at 8:28 pm

» ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:45 pm

» SUPERTIGER .15 PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:42 pm

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Today at 5:23 pm

» WHERE ARE YOU BUYING YOUR FUEL AND GLOW PLUGS...?
by TD ABUSER Today at 4:35 pm

» Waiting for Engines from Ken Enya
by sosam117 Today at 4:33 pm

» Unusual Cox 049 cylinder - Need help identifying
by anm2 Today at 4:12 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Today at 2:57 pm

» What's the Best Reed for Cox Reed Valve Engines.
by roddie Today at 1:37 pm

» Fuel choice
by 1975 control line guy Yesterday at 4:01 pm

» "Fall S.M.A.L.L." Video 3.
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» Gifted Fox
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Empty
Live on Patrol

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this:

Go down

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Empty Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this:

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 am

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/07/24/watch-this-buick-nailhead-go-from-rusty-mess-to-a-v-8-blessed?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=19_July_27_Weekend_News
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Empty Re: Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this:

Post  Marleysky Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:12 pm

Man, that’s a film that would make Ray Harryhausen proud! He never does say actually how much time they spent from start to finish, but having to do the stop motion sequences had to add a lot of time to the tear down and rebuild. The tape removal after the paint shop sequence was just fun to watch. I think I enjoy working on Cox  size engines a lot more as I get older. Having done a full size engine a couple different times in my teens....without the fancy prelube and micrometers or shop/laboratory to do the work in. I have been caught laying on my back in the drive way changing a starter or alternator on a vehicle or two in the past two years! Ask me why I detest Volkswagens! lol!  
Bob, thanks for the video! It’s always more fun watching someone else do the work!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Empty Re: Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this:

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Been there, done that.

Before
Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: 28b17810

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: D9a29310

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Bc996010

After

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: C3487c10
Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: 3af08310
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Nice job Ron,

I'm embarrassed that I don't recognize that engine. Ford Blue?

You should know this one I did years ago. Lost my more recent jobs when my computer crashed.

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Mgb_en11
Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Mgb_en10

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:26 pm

The blue engine(I think) is a 273 mopar V8. The 4 banger engine is a Austin or MG powerplant ,just a guess!!!??? Am I close??? Help a Brother Out!! Mark
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm

360 Chrysler. (Petty Blue) or Corporate Blue. It’s going to replace the 318 that is currently in my pickup.

Mark you are correct on the the B series 1798. It could be found in an Austin or MG.

I am having one built in Canada Bob, 1798, Crossflow head dual 1 3/4” SU’s fast road cam, lightened flywheel etc.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:08 am

302 Windsor I built for a customer.
Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: 100_4710
Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: 100_4711

Somewhat smaller, the 3K engine in my Corolla, 1200cc.
Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: 100_3110
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:03 am

Cribbs74 wrote:360 Chrysler. (Petty Blue) or Corporate Blue.  It’s going to replace the 318 that is currently in my pickup.

Mark you are correct on the the B series 1798. It could be found in an Austin or MG.

I am having one built in Canada Bob, 1798, Crossflow head dual 1 3/4” SU’s fast road cam, lightened flywheel etc.

Yes, Ford blue is much deeper.

I have owned just one Chrysler a 2005 Crossfire that was more Mercedes than Chrysler. Lot's of Plymouths though, mostly straight sixes but one V8 a new 1965 Sport Fury with a 383.

You going to stick that engine in your neglected MGA hiding in a corner of your garage?

Nice engine Rod. Loved those 302's.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:53 pm

For what its worth, I've been there.. Unless you are racing this car Don't over cam the B engine as you will lose drivability. Low end and mid range response will suffer. No fun on the street. However it looks like you know what your do'in... Mark
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Mark Diedrichs wrote:For what its worth, I've been there.. Unless you are racing this car Don't over cam the B engine as you will lose drivability. Low end and mid range response will suffer. No fun on the street. However it looks like you know what your do'in... Mark

Not to worry, their are a multitude of camshaft grinds these days, the fast road cam still allows a smooth idle. I wouldn’t do a full race cam for the reasons you mentioned.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Those S.U.s Need plenty of vacuum for peak performance. Lighten flywheel, more response out of the corners...Go for it Ron!!! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!!! Mark
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Anybody that loves to build engines should enjoy this: Empty RE: Anybody who loves building engine should love this

Post  66 Malibu Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 am

Ron,
Love the pics of your Mopar 360 especially the first one. I've done the "Junkyard Crawl" on more Saturdays than I can remember.
Nothing like finding a gem in the middle of the weeds, rust, and grease !!!
Your engine should pick up 6 to 10 horsepower over stock with the Edelbrock intake manifold according to some dyno tests I've seen.
It should really make your truck a fun thing to drive with probably 300 + horse power depending on he camshaft.
My favorite cam for SBC engines that size is the Melling MTC-1 high torque RV cam that does it all with good power brake vacuum and really good gas mileage.
For those who enjoy engine stuff checkout Nick's Garage from Montreal and Vise Grip Garage on YouTube among hundreds of sites.
Good Job!
Steve...……..
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:56 am

That’s what I put in. The RV cam,
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down