Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Cox_ba12

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Catalytic converter theft.. and glow head elements
by akjgardner Today at 9:28 am

» Turbo plugs
by chevyiron420 Today at 9:06 am

» And another geared twin is born...
by kaintuck Today at 8:34 am

» Pee Wee 020 running backwards
by rfara Today at 8:31 am

» PAW .049 CONTROL LINE MODEL
by getback Today at 6:51 am

» Then getting back on the bike...!
by getback Today at 5:31 am

» My TeeDee .051
by balogh Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Aluminium tanks and carb bodies are back in stock
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:35 pm

» help with battery and fuel, etc
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 4:50 pm

» Cox 049 Crankcases - First production run
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» Fox 049 standard model
by chevyiron420 Yesterday at 4:01 pm

» Glow Plug Igniter with CONSTANT CURRENT --Oz--
by cmulder Yesterday at 7:34 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2023
rdw777's

"Cox .020 w/Homemade Throttle - Pageboy"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Empty
Live on Patrol

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken

Go down

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Empty Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken

Post  sosam117 Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:51 am

Back in the 1st week in August, I received an email from Ken Enya about a special build for two different size engines.
They were going to be a limited quantity build and be on a 1st come, 1st served bases.

One is the Enya 20-T.V. (and 20-S for control line)
The other for the Enya 36-4C 4-stroke glow engine.

Well, I jumped at the chance and ordered "two" of the Enya 20 (one T.V. and the other U-control)
I also ordered "two" of the Enya 36-4C 4-stroke glow engines.

Of course, you had to prepay for the engines. Which was a good sum for the "four" engines.

Anyway,

Arriving yesterday was the Enya 36-4C 4-stroke engines.
Oh boy --- They arrived! bounce bounce bounce

I opened the box (like a kid on X-mas morning) to look over the 4-stroke engines I received.
Well, Ken didn't disappoint. Inside the box was two beautiful Enya 36-4C 4-stroke engines.

They look like the ones last made over a decade ago?
Only difference was the photocopy instructions and no old Enya brochure of the different engines.

Below are the photos of the engines:
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 001_en23
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 002_en20
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 003_en15
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 004_en14
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 007_en14
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 008_en15
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 005_en14
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 006_en14

These Enya 36-4C 4-stroke glows will match up to the Enya 36-4C diesels that I have.
One of the Enya 36-4C diesels I have run and tinkered with.

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 001_en24
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 007_en15

I just can't wait now for the "Rare" Enya 20 "T.V." and "S" engines to arrive?
bounce bounce

Last edited by sosam117 on Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added diesel engine photos)
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Empty Re: Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken

Post  Ken Cook Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm

The diesel is a rare engine.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Empty Re: Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken

Post  sosam117 Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:23 pm

I did a YouTube search for any Enya 36-4C 4-stroke glow and nothing showed up.
There were a few videos of the Enya 36-4C diesel though?

I'd like to see a video on how the 36-4C glow runs and sounds.

I have run the 36-4C diesel and wished that it had a contra piston and compression screw
instead of a dummy glow plug and head shims to get the compression "close enough" to run.
It knocks the worst of all of the diesel engines I have (PAW, MVVS, McCoy, MP Jet, CS-China, Redfin, even the Enya diesels, etc.)
The larger 41-4C diesel that I have knocks just as bad?

And I'm still trying to figure out the prop sizes/fuel/head shims/ glow plug dummy shims as well on the 41-4C so it doesn't knock so much?
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Empty Enya

Post  Coxfledgling Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:27 am

Interesting....

What is the arrangement for compression control may I ask.

Is the engine and head shimmed up to be close to the desired value, and the compression screw push in a small round "slug" to increase compression slightly ?

Also, the spanner, us that branded as Enya ?
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:23 am

Beutiful Engines I am sure the 20 will bee also as ,can't help you on the knocking of the diesel other than may be a comp. problem where is over compression ?? Oh What's the wire thingy for ? Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:01 am

The 1st photo is a limited compression screw that I made.
Got the idea from a guy that modified a Enya glow plug on the larger Enya 41-4C 4-stroke diesel to give a limited amount of compression compared to the fixed "plug".
With the fixed plug, you would have to add a bunch of shims under the fixed plug to increase or decrease compression.
That is for the finer adjustments.
For the larger adjustments you either add or remove the two head shims that come with the engine (in the box).
One shim is already installed on the engine from Enya.

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 005_co11

All of these dummy glow plug shims I made to try to adjust the compression along with the adjustable glow plug I made to try to take care of the over/under compression problem.
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 006_sh10

The last thing is to try to take care of the compression problem is to get the correct prop for the RPM that you are going to run the diesel engine at. at a lower RPM you could use a larger prop. But at a higher RPM that larger prop wold be too much and it would be laboring.

If any of you guys have tried to run the old, fixed head Drone diesel engine may know of the problems?

Photo of a "fixed head" Drone diesel:
There I had to play with the fuel mixture, head shims, and prop sizes, depending on the heat and humidity for the day.

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Drone_10

Photo of a Drone Diesel I modified with an adjustable head and carburetor:
This is a nice engine now to run compared to the fix head (like the Enya 36-4c and 41-4C fixed head 4-strokes)
With a large prop (16x6) it has a good flywheel effect and ticks over at around 1800RPM but has a good top speed now that I also can control the RPMs.
3/4 throttle on takeoff with my oldtimer Playboy Sr. (at 80" wingspan), then putt-putt around at 1/4 throttle.

Hoping to do the same with the Enya 4-stroke diesels?

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 0029_d11

Here is some reading on the 36-4C and 41-4C diesel engines.
http://modelenginenews.org/ad/enya_4sd.html

Modified Enya 41-4C diesel engine link and video:

video:      Modifed Enya 41-4C diesel engine

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/everything-diesel-87/5493013-too-low-compression-enya-41-4cd.html

Now find a YouTube video of an Enya 41-4C diesel engine and listen to the difference of the "stock" engine?
This has too large of a prop and probably could do with a head shim for the larger prop?

video:       Enya 41-4C with 16x8 prop

The wire thingy that you want to know what it is for "getback" is to be attached onto the glow plug on the Enya 4-stroke engines.
If you try to use an igniter straight on the glow plug the prop might hit the igniter and knock it off.
Enya calls it a remote igniter.
Saito and O.S. engines have the glow plugs in the back to be away from the prop when the glow igniter is attached to the engine.
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken Empty Arrval of the Enya 20T.V and Enya 20S

Post  sosam117 Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:37 pm

Well, the two Enya 20's engines arrived the other day 09/12/2022, from Ken Enya along with another Diesel engine.
(That diesel engine became available couple of weeks ago).
More on the other engine later.

About 2-1/2 weeks ago, Ken informed me that the Enya 20's were almost ready for shipping.
He needed me to pay for the shipping.
I asked emailed a reply to him "if" he had any other engines available which I might be interested in?
And possibly add that engine to the payment receipt.

Ken replied back that they did have an Enya Ultra 11CXD TV that just became available.
Seems the original buyer didn't complete the purchase, so this benefitted me!

Ken sent me a new payment receipt for me to pay. That was November 28th.
I sent the payment for the shipping of now three engines (was previously two) and the cost of the Ultra CXD TV (¥13,900)

Here are the photos of the two Enya .20 engines.
I ordered "two" 20TV but Ken didn't have a carb for the 2nd one, so it has the U-control venturi.
I did get a refund from the difference of the TV verses the U-control engine.
I'll try to find a carb for it somewhere? The other thing, the muffler/silencer for the U/control is the standard muffler and not the longer "special" muffler that comes with the R/C version engine.

Ken didn't inform me of the change in the muffler either, from the special to the regular muffler.
Looks like I'll have to get the special muffler and a TV carb. somewhere else?

Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 001_en28
Waited 3 months for these Enya Engines (two more to come yet) -- special build from Ken 002_en23

One other thing that is a small problem.
Ken sent me the engine instructions for both engines in Japanese?
I have sent him an email of the problem, along with other problems of engine parts that I ordered as well, not fitting.

There will be a different posting of the parts problem that I received from Enya to rebuild my engines.

The acquisition of the Enya Ultra 11CXD TV will be under the Diesel discussion. (In the correct forum.)
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:14 pm

I have 4 Drone Diesels, two being glow and one early version with the bolt on top cylinder. I've never been impressed with them using them for control line. Extremely anemic however it's neat. I use a 14x6 on my diesels and a 12x6 on glow. The reality is that the engine probably does the same rpm either or. They shake vibrate horribly, stink to high heavens but they're cool. I think it would be impossible to wear one out. I never had a issue with starting them. I start New Years off flying mine at our Frosty Balls Fly-athon. Even in the extreme cold they usually start right up with the fixed head. Sometimes, I hit it with the torch a bit to get a little heat into it.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down