Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Cox_ba12

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Admin Today at 12:50 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 11:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:17 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 7:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 5:25 am

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:15 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:06 am

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:12 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty
Live on Patrol

COX R/C E-Z Bee...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help! COX R/C E-Z Bee...

Post  Nickerz Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:23 am

This is my first post as I just found this forum I Love This Forum!  and hope to find more topics about COX models especially the E-Z Bee! Babe Bee

I just bought a NIB E-Z Bee off eBay and I created a BLOG for it here...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3585779-Bought-A-COX-R-C-E-Z-Bee

I also stumbled upon a post from the guy who apparently created the prototype for the E-Z Bee here...
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1178627-post6.html

Now back to my E-Z Bee I just bought. I'm really excited to own this for a 2nd time since this plane was my very first RC airplane ever but unfortunately I never got to fly it as I explain in my BLOG link above. Now that I have it again, I initially intended to fly it and have fun with it! RC Plane  However, seeing how rare this plane is becoming, I now think I want to keep it as a collectors item and collect more COX models (i.e., COX 049 Cesna 182 Skylane)! Cool

So how do we get COX to re-release these models like Tamiya has been doing!? Huh...  That would awesome! If I had the money, I'd resurrect this company! Small Cox Logo

Let me know if you have a NIB E-Z Bee or Cesna 182 Skylane please. If I get a 2nd E-Z Bee I'd be more willing to fly it knowing I have a NIB as a spare.

P.S. Man I love the emoji's in this forum too! Not to mention the mouse cursor is a COX Engine! Too cool!!!! Cool

P.P.S. Here are some pics of my Office/Hobby Room... Popcorn
COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2020-04-27-19-07-58

COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2019-06-14_19.16.58
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Help! Hope you enjoy it!

Post  happydad Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:38 am

Nickerz wrote:This is my first post as I just found this forum I Love This Forum!  and hope to find more topics about COX models especially the E-Z Bee! Babe Bee

I just bought a NIB E-Z Bee off eBay and I created a BLOG for it here...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3585779-Bought-A-COX-R-C-E-Z-Bee

I also stumbled upon a post from the guy who apparently created the prototype for the E-Z Bee here...
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1178627-post6.html

Now back to my E-Z Bee I just bought. I'm really excited to own this for a 2nd time since this plane was my very first RC airplane ever but unfortunately I never got to fly it as I explain in my BLOG link above. Now that I have it again, I initially intended to fly it and have fun with it! RC Plane  However, seeing how rare this plane is becoming, I now think I want to keep it as a collectors item and collect more COX models (i.e., COX 049 Cesna 182 Skylane)! Cool

So how do we get COX to re-release these models like Tamiya has been doing!? Huh...  That would awesome! If I had the money, I'd resurrect this company! Small Cox Logo

Let me know if you have a NIB E-Z Bee or Cesna 182 Skylane please. If I get a 2nd E-Z Bee I'd be more willing to fly it knowing I have a NIB as a spare.

P.S. Man I love the emoji's in this forum too! Not to mention the mouse cursor is a COX Engine! Too cool!!!! Cool

P.P.S. Here are some pics of my Office/Hobby Room... Popcorn
COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2020-04-27-19-07-58

Nick: glad you like the kit. I started flying with a similar kit, but electric. I now have a couple of used ez-bees I have been trying to sell for another coxengineforum member for several years.
  I hope you are not using the original R-C equipment. It was pure junk. I look forward to following your blog about the ez-bee.

Happydad RC Plane Very Happy
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: COX R/C E-Z Bee...

Post  Nickerz Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:59 am

Thanks for the reply! Can you PM me pics of the used ones please? Thx!
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:33 am

Hi there Nickerz. Welcome to the forum, and glad you found us here. If you like, drop by the 'Introduction. forum to say hi and tell us about yourself. And hey, keep posting as you are, you seem to have it figured out aleady pretty well!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:16 am

It is a very good plane.

Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:03 pm

Welcome to the Forum Nick .I also have a few of the EZ Bee 2 Kits. Thats what got me started back in the hobby . I would like to try to replicated it with a built up balsa version one of these days
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Help! hi nick

Post  davidll1984 Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:40 pm

y own 1 ez bee its a grate plane u have there pay atention to him my lost his wing long gone now using wing y made for it wit elerons spektrum light weight reciver lipo batry black widow engine y use to go very hi and glide to land no landing gear on to save weight 2 ch is very not responsive to output slow turn weight is to heavy plane for litle wind day is good as is but room for upgrade y no most colector want oem stuf it just a go for crash wit old electronique it hapen conector go bad new stuf from 1990 servo wil need lube it may work fine til just stop for no reason y play wit 1970 stuf al of my model use new rc gear trust spektrum its great stuf trust me y have experiment lot of stuf and 27mhz am reciver get lot of trouble now 2020 to meny stuf use 27mhz tos old stuf in box is my sugestion if u lov3 it bether give it best rc gear posible to avoid crash du to RF lost y hope u get bether gear on it and for others using old stuf y no y have same way of tinking is sur change rc gear fo me was a hard desision y pay 1000 $for futaba wont pay 200$is sure is trash chinise stuf now y no its cal evolution old stuf from 1999 is not so good now its like for computer get rid of dinosor
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Help! here are a few pics of my boneyard

Post  happydad Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:11 pm

nick: i found parts of 2 Ez Bee planes. see below. i have more pics for you. PM me .

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1014
1 set of pieces
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1013
   the best wing. with 1/8 steel rod between.
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1110
best fuselage with engine
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1111
showing engine

thats all for now folks.

happydad RC Plane Smile
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickerz Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:24 am

Thanks for the replies guys and for making me feel welcome!

I loved that video of the EZ Bee II which was very detailed! Also, great points by David about using newer technology. I have and love Spektrum so it would make sense to use new electronics (receiver, servos, radio). A part of me would love to get the experience using the old OEM stuff just to see what I was missing as a kid but then I could end up crashing it or losing it.

Happydad,
I sent ya a PM about those pics. Thanks again for posting them but I do want to try to get a 2nd EZ Bee (yellow/white) that is in really good condition.

Guess what I found on the front cover of a copy in Model Airplane News magazine (December 1988 issue)? Yep, E-Z Bee! I'll post the entire article in another post right now...
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t14023-cox-r-c-e-z-bee-on-cover-of-model-airplane-news-magazine-1988-december-issue#181723
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Help! Old equipment too slow

Post  happydad Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:49 am

Nick: if you do want to make a comparison of the old versus newer equipment, please don’t do it inflight. That old Sanwa system and servos were too slow and caused many crashes with delay between trying to turn one direction and actually going that way.
   p.s. after one or two flight your brand new ez bee will look like the pics I sent.

Happydad
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickerz Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:23 am

Very true Happydad! Yeah, I think I'll be dropping in new electrics to enjoy many years of flight.

By the way, I didn't even think about the delay in Servo travel which would be very interesting to say the least. So I kind of take a lot of the newer technology for granted that I use everyday today that didn't exist back then.

Thanks!
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Help! Electric cardinal

Post  happydad Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:13 pm

Nickerz wrote:Very true Happydad! Yeah, I think I'll be dropping in new electrics to enjoy many years of flight.

By the way, I didn't even think about the delay in Servo travel which would be very interesting to say the least. So I kind of take a lot of the newer technology for granted that I use everyday today that didn't exist back then.

Thanks!

Btw I also have a hobby lobby or tower hobby electric cardinal I purchased way back when. It had a brushed motor in a plastic motor mount, long since broken, and sits on the shelf.
Happydad
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Help! ez bee pictur new in 1995 model

Post  davidll1984 Fri May 01, 2020 3:03 am

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Image137
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Image138
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Help! Glow Plugs For COX Baby Bee .049 Engine...

Post  Nickerz Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:17 am

Does anyone know if you have to buy the COX glow plugs (Part #: 325) to work in the 049 engine that comes in the E-Z Bee? Or are there other glow plugs I can use that are easier and cheaper to buy at my LHS?
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:23 am

Nickerz wrote:Does anyone know if you have to buy the COX glow plugs (Part #: 325) to work in the 049 engine that comes in the E-Z Bee? Or are there other glow plugs I can use that are easier and cheaper to buy at my LHS?

You DO have to use a Cox Glow head Standard #325 or High Compression. You also can buy an adapter and use a Hot Plug from EX-Model Engines: http://www.exmodelengines.com/home.php?cat=267 or Cox International https://coxengines.ca/

OR

you can also buy a "Turob Head Adaptor" and Source some Turbo Plugs off E Bay or your LHS IF they stock them
https://kamtechnik.com/product/ktk-11/

hows that saying...you can have Good, but not Cheap, or you can have Cheap, but not good? ?
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickerz Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:40 am

Thanks for the reply and thanks so much for the links too!  So how long would a typical COX glow plug last? About how many flights?

I think I remember my E-Z Bee kit coming with a glow plug in the engine. If not, it looks like this is the one I need for $10.95 at COX International...  Babe Bee .049 which is cheaper than what I've found on eBay so far.

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Screenshot-2021-03-25-19-37-46
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FSTP Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 am

What's the difference between the EZ Bee Sport and the EZ Bee II ?
FSTP
FSTP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:41 pm

FSTP wrote:What's the difference between the EZ Bee Sport and the EZ Bee II ?

Probably just the order number and the updated decals. The WS and fuse length are the same. Old Bugger
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Help! Stuff I'll Need For Maiden Flight?

Post  Nickerz Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:26 pm

I'm looking for a few things that will start my new COX R/C E-Z Bee with a .049 engine. I'm already planning to buy glow heads/plugs from COX from the link I posted above but I'm hoping I can get help with getting anything else I need to fly my E-Z Bee?  RC Plane

Here is what I think I MIGHT still need (I say might because I don't know if I should use the stuff included in the COX 400 Starting Kit - that and I'd like to keep it in my COX collection)...

1. Fuel
2. Field Starter Battery Box & Glow Clip (if I can't use my own stuff)
3. Servo (2nd Ch. For Sanwa/Cadet Radio)

FUEL:
...even though I already have a NIB COX 400 Starting Kit (see pics below), should I assume the fuel & battery will be too old to use or can I still get by using these? If not, what fuel do I need? Any links would be appreciated or alternative fuels to buy that will work with my engine?

GLOW STARTER & BATTERY:
Next, if the COX 1.5V battery is also too old, I do have a COX glow starter already but I don't have a battery to power it so I was thinking of buying the COX Field Starter Battery Box & Glow Clip here... or can I simply try to connect my own COX glow clip to my field box I use for my regular glow planes and then plug it into the control panel on my Hobbico field box? It has a 12V battery it's powered off of or is this too much power?

SERVO:
The box on my E-Z Bee says I can use a 2nd servo for 2 channels (rudder & elevator). Honestly, what I'd LOVE to do is use everything that came with my kit. I know there are better electrics out there but I'd really like to fly this OEM, back in the 80's style  lol!  And I don't feel I'll get interference where I plan on flying it. Even then, I read this article from Model Aviation ("Is 72 MHz dead?") here... that said these old frequencies are still as good today. I didn't see any original servos that came with the Sanwa/Cadet radio I have. Anyone know where I can pick one up?

Last, is there anything else I need? Like I said, I plan on buying glow heads/plugs from COX International but I wanted to add the items above if I need them and/or anything else you all think I may need.

Thank you!
Nick

COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2020-04-24-17-15-22

COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2020-04-24-17-20-00

COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2020-04-24-17-21-12
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:06 pm

Ok Nice one u sur u want To fly this ???? Paranoid If it would be me even with the required capacities I will keep the control for a car and Not fly that one Other than with a new receiver and controller for the battry i dont tink its Good ( fuel ok 👌 )with little refresh try To Find two sub c rechargeable battry place négative To négative positive wit positive and Solder wit the glow clip red+ black - Just a batry will do it it use two just To help réserve voltage to last longer I hope you have some piloting skills If not, I strongly advise you to start with a new rtf planeThat you will be able to repair at will Seeing the questions u ask like a beginner I am right?? Keep that plane when you have had more than one successful flight wit Somting Similar As an airplane flight trainer I suggest you eflight wit as3x ultra micro plane to start wit very Good plane Robust and durable more not very expensive you should invest in a good spectrum dx6i radio control Remember that the parts of this model are almost impossible to find take chance if u can afort new one than just bit bether plane keap this on as displays Airplane Flying RC Plane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickerz Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 pm

Hey David! Thanks for the reply! I really wanted to do everything OEM (just for nostalgic reasons - lol) but since you confirmed I can only use the fuel (which surprised me) then I think I'll keep the 400 starter kit NIB and just use something else for the glow plug. I do have a field box but know nothing about this lil' 049 engine but I've flown for years, mostly electric but had fuel planes years ago.

By the way, about how many flights would these glow heads/plugs last? Same as any fuel plane or?
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:10 pm

With the field box I connect a glow plug that I hold in my hands and I turn the knob to the right voltage But I hate to use this stuff just use m'y nitro rc cars glow plug battry now i use two sub c - - ++ wit Alligator clip
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickerz Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:33 pm

Yeah, I think I'm gonna give the batteries a try, so they are C not the bigger D size batteries?
Nickerz
Nickerz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:39 am

Yes its sub c look like a c its just smaler in size just the normal cars glow plug igniter wil work m'y work its best wit two for longer use if take long To start COX R/C E-Z Bee... 16175810
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:53 pm

getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter