Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2020
Levent Suberk's

"Medallion .049"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty

COX R/C E-Z Bee...

Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty COX R/C E-Z Bee...

Post  Nickerz on Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 pm

This is my first post as I just found this forum I Love This Forum!  and hope to find more topics about COX models especially the E-Z Bee! Babe Bee

I just bought a NIB E-Z Bee off eBay and I created a BLOG for it here...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3585779-Bought-A-COX-R-C-E-Z-Bee

I also stumbled upon a post from the guy who apparently created the prototype for the E-Z Bee here...
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1178627-post6.html

Now back to my E-Z Bee I just bought. I'm really excited to own this for a 2nd time since this plane was my very first RC airplane ever but unfortunately I never got to fly it as I explain in my BLOG link above. Now that I have it again, I initially intended to fly it and have fun with it! RC Plane  However, seeing how rare this plane is becoming, I now think I want to keep it as a collectors item and collect more COX models (i.e., COX 049 Cesna 182 Skylane)! Cool

So how do we get COX to re-release these models like Tamiya has been doing!? Huh...  That would awesome! If I had the money, I'd resurrect this company! Small Cox Logo

Let me know if you have a NIB E-Z Bee or Cesna 182 Skylane please. If I get a 2nd E-Z Bee I'd be more willing to fly it knowing I have a NIB as a spare.

P.S. Man I love the emoji's in this forum too! Not to mention the mouse cursor is a COX Engine! Too cool!!!! Cool

P.P.S. Here are some pics of my Office/Hobby Room... Popcorn
COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2020-04-27-19-07-58

COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2019-06-14_19.16.58
Nickerz
Nickerz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty Hope you enjoy it!

Post  happydad on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Nickerz wrote:This is my first post as I just found this forum I Love This Forum!  and hope to find more topics about COX models especially the E-Z Bee! Babe Bee

I just bought a NIB E-Z Bee off eBay and I created a BLOG for it here...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3585779-Bought-A-COX-R-C-E-Z-Bee

I also stumbled upon a post from the guy who apparently created the prototype for the E-Z Bee here...
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1178627-post6.html

Now back to my E-Z Bee I just bought. I'm really excited to own this for a 2nd time since this plane was my very first RC airplane ever but unfortunately I never got to fly it as I explain in my BLOG link above. Now that I have it again, I initially intended to fly it and have fun with it! RC Plane  However, seeing how rare this plane is becoming, I now think I want to keep it as a collectors item and collect more COX models (i.e., COX 049 Cesna 182 Skylane)! Cool

So how do we get COX to re-release these models like Tamiya has been doing!? Huh...  That would awesome! If I had the money, I'd resurrect this company! Small Cox Logo

Let me know if you have a NIB E-Z Bee or Cesna 182 Skylane please. If I get a 2nd E-Z Bee I'd be more willing to fly it knowing I have a NIB as a spare.

P.S. Man I love the emoji's in this forum too! Not to mention the mouse cursor is a COX Engine! Too cool!!!! Cool

P.P.S. Here are some pics of my Office/Hobby Room... Popcorn
COX R/C E-Z Bee... 2020-04-27-19-07-58

Nick: glad you like the kit. I started flying with a similar kit, but electric. I now have a couple of used ez-bees I have been trying to sell for another coxengineforum member for several years.
  I hope you are not using the original R-C equipment. It was pure junk. I look forward to following your blog about the ez-bee.

Happydad RC Plane Very Happy
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty Re: COX R/C E-Z Bee...

Post  Nickerz on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Thanks for the reply! Can you PM me pics of the used ones please? Thx!
Nickerz
Nickerz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:33 pm

Hi there Nickerz. Welcome to the forum, and glad you found us here. If you like, drop by the 'Introduction. forum to say hi and tell us about yourself. And hey, keep posting as you are, you seem to have it figured out aleady pretty well!
NEW222
NEW222
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:16 am

It is a very good plane.

Levent Suberk
Levent Suberk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:03 am

Welcome to the Forum Nick .I also have a few of the EZ Bee 2 Kits. Thats what got me started back in the hobby . I would like to try to replicated it with a built up balsa version one of these days
akjgardner
akjgardner
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty hi nick

Post  davidll1984 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:40 am

y own 1 ez bee its a grate plane u have there pay atention to him my lost his wing long gone now using wing y made for it wit elerons spektrum light weight reciver lipo batry black widow engine y use to go very hi and glide to land no landing gear on to save weight 2 ch is very not responsive to output slow turn weight is to heavy plane for litle wind day is good as is but room for upgrade y no most colector want oem stuf it just a go for crash wit old electronique it hapen conector go bad new stuf from 1990 servo wil need lube it may work fine til just stop for no reason y play wit 1970 stuf al of my model use new rc gear trust spektrum its great stuf trust me y have experiment lot of stuf and 27mhz am reciver get lot of trouble now 2020 to meny stuf use 27mhz tos old stuf in box is my sugestion if u lov3 it bether give it best rc gear posible to avoid crash du to RF lost y hope u get bether gear on it and for others using old stuf y no y have same way of tinking is sur change rc gear fo me was a hard desision y pay 1000 $for futaba wont pay 200$is sure is trash chinise stuf now y no its cal evolution old stuf from 1999 is not so good now its like for computer get rid of dinosor
davidll1984
davidll1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty here are a few pics of my boneyard

Post  happydad on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 pm

nick: i found parts of 2 Ez Bee planes. see below. i have more pics for you. PM me .

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1014
1 set of pieces
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1013
   the best wing. with 1/8 steel rod between.
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1110
best fuselage with engine
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Img_1111
showing engine

thats all for now folks.

happydad RC Plane Smile
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickerz on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:24 pm

Thanks for the replies guys and for making me feel welcome!

I loved that video of the EZ Bee II which was very detailed! Also, great points by David about using newer technology. I have and love Spektrum so it would make sense to use new electronics (receiver, servos, radio). A part of me would love to get the experience using the old OEM stuff just to see what I was missing as a kid but then I could end up crashing it or losing it.

Happydad,
I sent ya a PM about those pics. Thanks again for posting them but I do want to try to get a 2nd EZ Bee (yellow/white) that is in really good condition.

Guess what I found on the front cover of a copy in Model Airplane News magazine (December 1988 issue)? Yep, E-Z Bee! I'll post the entire article in another post right now...
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t14023-cox-r-c-e-z-bee-on-cover-of-model-airplane-news-magazine-1988-december-issue#181723
Nickerz
Nickerz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty Old equipment too slow

Post  happydad on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:49 pm

Nick: if you do want to make a comparison of the old versus newer equipment, please don’t do it inflight. That old Sanwa system and servos were too slow and caused many crashes with delay between trying to turn one direction and actually going that way.
   p.s. after one or two flight your brand new ez bee will look like the pics I sent.

Happydad
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickerz on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:23 am

Very true Happydad! Yeah, I think I'll be dropping in new electrics to enjoy many years of flight.

By the way, I didn't even think about the delay in Servo travel which would be very interesting to say the least. So I kind of take a lot of the newer technology for granted that I use everyday today that didn't exist back then.

Thanks!
Nickerz
Nickerz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty Electric cardinal

Post  happydad on Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Nickerz wrote:Very true Happydad! Yeah, I think I'll be dropping in new electrics to enjoy many years of flight.

By the way, I didn't even think about the delay in Servo travel which would be very interesting to say the least. So I kind of take a lot of the newer technology for granted that I use everyday today that didn't exist back then.

Thanks!

Btw I also have a hobby lobby or tower hobby electric cardinal I purchased way back when. It had a brushed motor in a plastic motor mount, long since broken, and sits on the shelf.
Happydad
happydad
happydad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Empty ez bee pictur new in 1995 model

Post  davidll1984 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:03 pm

COX R/C E-Z Bee... Image137
COX R/C E-Z Bee... Image138
davidll1984
davidll1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum