Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Big Magician scored well Cox_ba12

The Big Magician scored well Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Big Magician scored well Empty
Live on Patrol

The Big Magician scored well

Go down

The Big Magician scored well Empty The Big Magician scored well

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Philly Fliers had their 2 day contest this weekend. Yesterday was profile and old time stunt, today was PAMPA stunt . My son Shawn did quite well flying the 900 sq Magician. This plane is quite large and it flew the pattern with authority. Enya .60 powered, it sucks down every bit of 8 oz's in 7 minutes. In the pic, the other Magician is the standard sized Magician. I was enjoying watching him put it through the paces. The hourglass was just impressive. Just to get a idea of the size, here's a pic of Shawn and another pilot with his Magician. Shawn put in a nice pattern taking 1st place .           The Big Magician scored well Part_110
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The Big Magician scored well Empty Re: The Big Magician scored well

Post  ticomareado Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:07 pm

Nice!! How long were lines?
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Your total line length center of eyelet to center of eyelet  can't exceed 70'. I think my lines were 65'.  The safety circle which was painted on the grass was exactly 70'. In my opinion, they should've offered a additional few feet for safety.  I stayed outside the circle because I had to keep telling others not to get too close. When you fly consecutive maneuvers such as the 3 inside loops and outsides, the pilot has to take a few steps back to not fly into your turbulence. Seeing that these maneuvers are completed at the 5' bottom, many people were not paying attention walking around the pit area with their back to the active circle.

A cool pic of Bob Hunt flying his Genesis https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/photos/pcb.2927392410664207/2927389373997844/?type=3&theater
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:55 pm

I really like that Magician Ken. I have one unbuilt, not that size of course. I am on the fence with planes bigger than .45 size. I have a Saturn with a Ro-Jett .65 and it pulls extremely hard. I am not weak by any means, but it just wasn’t comfortable. I have only flown it once, maybe something can be done with the leadouts or rudder offset. It has offset in it, maybe it doesn’t need it. I didn’t build it so I flew it as built.

Glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy yourselves.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 am

Total envy. I would love to be able to do that again.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Ron, I agree with your solutions. Offering even a degree of engine inset can also assist. This Magician pulls but not your arm off. It's more maneuverable than a combat plane. It certainly is a bit tail heavy. Not by much, but I'm thinking a aluminum spinner will help that. I run it essentially very rich and the line tension is terrific everywhere. Pat King designed this plane and my hats off to him for providing a beautiful kit. One thing I will say about .60 size engines, they're very forgiving. I was getting one flip starts as well.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:23 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Total envy.  I would love to be able to do that again.  

Bob

It’s all relative Bob, I would have liked to have been around a little earlier on I would have loved to have been a teen or young adult in the late 60’s or early 70’s. Better cars, music and life was much easier. Sure that generation had it’s problems, but not like today.

Anyway, I bet you were able to experience things that some of us were unable to.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Total envy.  I would love to be able to do that again.  

Bob

It’s all relative Bob, I would have liked to have been around a little earlier on I would have loved to have been a teen or young adult in the late 60’s or early 70’s. Better cars, music and life was much easier. Sure that generation had it’s problems, but not like today.

Anyway, I bet you were able to experience things that some of us were unable to.

Ron

I could tell stories Ron, but I was a teen in the early fifties.  Guns, girls, and cars. Rock and roll was just around the corner, but we had Elvis, Joni James and Mitchel, Buddy Holly, Dion, Connie Francis,  Jerry Vale, Everly Brothers, etc. etc. No one locked their doors and crime was something NYC worried about.

Growing up I almost drowned, twice. Hit by a car, tossed in the air and ran over when I was four, six weeks in the hospital to put me back together.  Juvenile court when I was 12, mostly on my own at 14.  Saved by a girl when I was 18 and never looked back. Successful, prosperous, and happy until March 13'th 2015 then I lost her.  

I never got dizzy flying C/L from about 16 to 45. Then I stopped flying C/L.  Tried it again here about six years ago fell down, a couple more times convinced me it was time to quit.  Still, the urge is there and I have this stooge...……….

Apologies for the book and the Jack....

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 pm

I always hear the saying that modellers get into less trouble. I can't really prove that as it didn't always keep me out of trouble. I suppose it had it's benefits. As for myself and my son, it made carpenters out of both of us. I've been a member of the Philly Fliers for 19 years. I've attended many contest at our club through the years. The past few years for both of us have been idle due to work. I went and looked back to check and this is the first time either one of us placed 1st at our club flying stunt. There were 10 pilots in profile and they were all good. The sad part is, many of our club members are older. They fly less and less and some have passed on. It's not so much about money oddly, it's more about participation. Here's a pic of us on Sunday https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/photos/pcb.2927396063997175/2927394517330663/?type=3&theater
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:08 am

I know it didn't keep my ass out of trouble.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down