Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Cox_ba12

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty
Live on Patrol

Need help with a foam wing control line build

Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Need help with a foam wing control line build

Post  Ricksrod Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:00 pm

I'm building a control line plane using a 48" foam wing. Wing under. It's running an old K&B 35. It's a profile with a slot cut over the wing to accommodate the bellcrank. I'm needing help on how to run the lines over the wing and off the wing tip. I'm thinking of attaching two tubes on the end of the wing to run the lines through but I'm stumped how to attach the tubes at the wing tips any ideas?
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Re: Need help with a foam wing control line build

Post  Levent Suberk Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:15 am

Can be made like this:

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Cl10

(www.airplanesandrockets.com)
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Re: Need help with a foam wing control line build

Post  Ken Cook Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:41 am

Most of my combat planes are foamies with exposed bellcranks. One thing I always try and do is to make the bellcrank sit as tight to the wing as physically possible. Sometimes this even requires a bit of sculpting of the foam for pushrod clearance. I probably wouldn't like to do so on a stunter. The problem I have come across is that the inboard wing wants to fly tip high when upright. This may not be the situation on a profile stunter. A combat model without a fuse in my experience requires a bit of warping the outboard panel for compensation. What I have noted is that some of the guys have melted a guide through the wing tip. They heated a 1/8" piece of tubing and entered the end of the wingtip slightly below the centerline of wing. They pretty much eyeball it and come up from the entrance through the top of the wing which usually exits on the top a few inches back from end of wingtip. Dubro nylon antennae extension is then epoxied into the hole and sanded flush to the wing and tip.

The main thing here is that you have no reference for leadout exit. Due to being a stunter, I would opt for a slider for adjustments.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Foam Wing help

Post  Ricksrod Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Thanks for  the quick response. Picture and comments gives me a lot to work with. I'll post some pics before and after the first flight. RC Plane RC Plane Smile
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty foam wing help

Post  Ricksrod Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:01 pm

The plane is complete. It's scratch built using foam wings from a cub, running an old K&B 35. It has a 48" wingspan. I plan on taking it on it's first flight this weekend.hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Scratc10
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:32 pm

I love your color combo and the quality of your work. Hope your flight is successful.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Wow! That looks really good. What are the line guide loops made from?

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Line Guides

Post  Ricksrod Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 pm

944_Jim wrote:Wow! That looks really good. What are the line guide loops made from?

The guides are just wood threaded metal loops. They are threaded & glued in into a strip of plywood. There is another strip under the wing and it's all sandwiched with small bolts. (hope it holds)
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TLAnderson Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Looks really good! Good luck with your flights. Smile
TLAnderson
TLAnderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Foam wing

Post  Ricksrod Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks for all  the encouragement. The color was inspired by a resto I did on a cox PT19. The design was sort of a single seat PT19.hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Both_p10
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 am

The plane looks great Rick hope the maiden go well !! Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty First Flight

Post  Ricksrod Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:27 pm

getback wrote:The plane looks great Rick hope the maiden go well !! Popcorn

The  First Flight went great!  Even on 60" lines I got a little dizzy. That K&B 35 did a great job. The home made "Stooge" worked well too. I just kept level flight to see how she did. Looking forward to my next flight.
hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build First_11hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Stooge13
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Ricksrod wrote:
getback wrote:The plane looks great Rick hope the maiden go well !! Popcorn

The  First Flight went great!  Even on 60" lines I got a little dizzy. That K&B 35 did a great job. The home made "Stooge" worked well too. I just kept level flight to see how she did. Looking forward to my next flight.

With 60 inch lines I would think you were a whirling dervish. Smile No wonder you got dizzy. Smile

Seriously, glad your first flight with it went so well. Earns a greenie.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Foam wing project

Post  Ricksrod Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:26 pm

Just got the decals and a Real fuel tank.hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build 20190910
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:56 am

Good to hear everything went well Very Happy Plane looks good with decals and what size tank is that ?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ricksrod Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:56 pm

Thanks! It's a 6 oz tank. That K&b 35 likes the fuel a lot! Was going to fly today and discovered I had left my control handle at the park. I ran over there but it was gone. Had that handle since 1975 or so.confused
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:29 am

Well taht Sucks sorry to hear it was not there , heck i would make a sign saying it was left there with a 5- reward ,, man thats alot of fuel LOL how long will it go with that much or do you know yet ? Airplane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

hwere to buy foam - Need help with a foam wing control line build Empty Lost Handle

Post  Ricksrod Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:09 pm

getback wrote:Well taht Sucks sorry to hear it was not there , heck i would make a sign saying it was left there with a 5- reward ,, man thats alot of fuel LOL how long will it go with that much or do you know yet ? Airplane

Took your advice and posted a pic. and reward at the park. Got a call from a maintenance worker today that found it! Handle is back safe and sound.

Thanks for the tip!
Ricksrod
Ricksrod
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down